Thomas Suddes commentary: Here's what...

Thomas Suddes commentary: Here's what's in store at the Statehouse for 2011

There are 6 comments on the DispatchPolitics story from Jan 2, 2011, titled Thomas Suddes commentary: Here's what's in store at the Statehouse for 2011. In it, DispatchPolitics reports that:

Ohio's Republican-run General Assembly will aim in 2011 to: a Write a state budget without raising taxes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at DispatchPolitics.

JoeSay

Columbus, OH

#1 Jan 2, 2011
I work for a living without health benefits and taxes and government employees have their hands around my neck. If I don't get health benefits or a pension, then neither should they. Let me keep my taxes so I can at least save for my own retirement. I try to get my Drivers License renewed and I am treated rudely by minorities who nobody but government would even dream of hiring. The whole system stinks and is against the average man.
The Truth

Bowling Green, OH

#2 Jan 2, 2011
What does the fact that those working at the Drivers License place were minorities have to do with anything? You imply something very disturbing.
Funny

Columbus, OH

#3 Jan 2, 2011
So why not change careers and become one of those government workers if they have it so much better?
JoeSay wrote:
I work for a living without health benefits and taxes and government employees have their hands around my neck. If I don't get health benefits or a pension, then neither should they. Let me keep my taxes so I can at least save for my own retirement. I try to get my Drivers License renewed and I am treated rudely by minorities who nobody but government would even dream of hiring. The whole system stinks and is against the average man.
common sense

Columbus, OH

#4 Jan 2, 2011
HE is not implying anything he is describing his EXPERIENCE at the Drivers License place. Are you reading into it? Yes you are.
George

Columbus, OH

#5 Jan 2, 2011
Well get ready to pay double for that experience.
InYourFace

Staten Island, NY

#7 Jan 2, 2011
JoeSay wrote:
Well ... I imagine we've all (those of us with driver's licenses, anyway) had at least one bad experience at a BMV. So? You've never had bad customer service at a McDonald's (where, I might add, they make more than some of the people working the desk at the BMV)? Poor customer service is pretty common. That doesn't excuse it, but it doesn't mean everyone in the world should have their pay and benefits limited to the ones YOU chose. If you're not satisfied with your work life, change it. Don't take your anger out on everyone else because they've managed to do better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tim Ryan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Democratic US Rep. Ryan says he now supports ab... (Jan '15) Feb '15 serfs up 38
News Obama to seek GOP help in pushing through trade... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Mothra 48
News Six-time incumbent challenged by two hopefuls i... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Delbert Grady 1
News Pennsylvania lawmaker who fired on mugger has a... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Cat74 9
News Pennsylvania lawmaker who fired on mugger ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Bama Yankee 4
News Lawmaker in shootout with robber near Pennsylva... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Bama Yankee 1
News Democrats find living on minimum wage is tough (Jul '14) Aug '14 Anonymous of Indy 493
More from around the web