Traficant comeback hings on today's p...

Traficant comeback hings on today's petition review | The Columbus ...

There are 22 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 6, 2010, titled Traficant comeback hings on today's petition review | The Columbus .... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

James Traficant's bid to return to Congress after seven years in prison hangs on a review of petitions in northeast Ohio's Trumbull County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Do it

Atwater, OH

#21 Jul 6, 2010
The system is rigged and corrupt. Even though most Americans are neither registered Dems or Reps., only officials from both of these party machines sit on all Ohio BOEs. They have a vested interested in making sure their stranglehold on election outcomes is not challenged by non-party candidates. This is not the democracy born over 234 years ago. None of our founding fathers were Dems or Reps. They must be rolling in their graves today.

Since: Aug 09

Columbus, OH

#22 Jul 7, 2010
Mark wrote:
Anyone contesting the corrupt two-party system will have ballot "problems", and in Trafficant's case jail "problems". We do not have fair and open elections when voters are denied choices.
Good site, thanks. I try to vote for third parties too, when I can.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tim Ryan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP pragmatists protest tea party shutdown tactics Nov 1 private guy 38
News Democratic US Rep. Ryan says he now supports ab... (Jan '15) Feb '15 serfs up 36
News Obama to seek GOP help in pushing through trade... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Mothra 48
News Six-time incumbent challenged by two hopefuls i... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Delbert Grady 1
News Pennsylvania lawmaker who fired on mugger has a... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Cat74 9
News Pennsylvania lawmaker who fired on mugger ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Bama Yankee 4
News Lawmaker in shootout with robber near Pennsylva... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Bama Yankee 1
More from around the web