Traficant running for Congress again ...

Traficant running for Congress again | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 77 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from May 3, 2010, titled Traficant running for Congress again | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A former congressman from northeast Ohio wants to make a political comeback after serving seven years in prison for corruption.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
U Gotta Be Kiddin

Columbus, OH

#1 May 3, 2010
Only in America, er.......Ohio, er........Youngstown!!! Whatta Country!?!?!?!
Ms Renee

Sevierville, TN

#2 May 3, 2010
I dont see any reason he shouldnt be in Congress with rest of the criminals and theives
God

Westerville, OH

#3 May 3, 2010
Can you run for office and become a congressman if you have been convicted of a crime and have spent years in jail???

Since: Aug 09

Columbus, OH

#4 May 3, 2010
What a nut. He and Blagojevich should form a team.
NE side Mike

Defiance, OH

#5 May 3, 2010
Is Mark Dann his campaign manager?
Columbus native

Columbus, OH

#6 May 3, 2010
I didn't know that a convicted felon could run for office. And, who would vote for him?
Mayor Magoo

Hilliard, OH

#7 May 3, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised in the "choosen one" hired him as some type of czar! We just need to give him more time.

Like 10-25 years!
NE side Mike

Defiance, OH

#8 May 3, 2010
I know he used all the graft from his last job to pay off his attornies....but I hope the graft from his job will be used for a new toupe!
Count Chocula

Windsor, CA

#9 May 3, 2010
THIS is what is wrong with this Country.

Any a--hole can be President, Congressman, Senator, etc.
The Happy Crab

Orange Park, FL

#10 May 3, 2010
The really scary part is that he probably will win. The voters in that district believe that he can walk on water.

Since: Aug 09

Columbus, OH

#12 May 3, 2010
The Happy Crab wrote:
The really scary part is that he probably will win. The voters in that district believe that he can walk on water.
Then they'll get what they deserve.
Technically Right

Columbus, OH

#13 May 3, 2010
Careful what you say... he might put a mob hit Mahoning County style on your smart mouths or the "Youngstown tune-up" when you start your car!
groucho

Portsmouth, OH

#15 May 3, 2010
He fits in great with all the other Liberal Democrats! Liars,Traitors,and Criminals!
I am Joe the Plumber

Bellefontaine, OH

#16 May 3, 2010
As an added twist, he says he is also filing to run in the 6th District currently held by Charlie Wilson, formerly held by Taxin' Ted Strickland.

Since: Dec 08

Atlantic City, NJ

#17 May 3, 2010
Count Chocula wrote:
THIS is what is wrong with this Country.
Any a--hole can be President, Congressman, Senator, etc.
Yeah, we should go back to the hereditary system.{/snark}

Since: Jan 10

Hightstown, NJ

#14 May 3, 2010
Beam him up!
Paul Sites

Jackson, OH

#18 May 3, 2010
Excuse me.......... if it walks like a duck, eats like a duck, and craps like a duck .......... it is probably a DUCK . And this TURKEY has proven just what he is .......... why would anyone in their right mind allow him to serve in any political job.
HE IS A CROOK ,

“Defecting to Mexico”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#19 May 3, 2010
Can we please get an age limit on public office. 68 years old is not in touch with the American people.

Since: Dec 08

Absecon, NJ

#20 May 3, 2010
Paul Sites wrote:
Excuse me.......... if it walks like a duck, eats like a duck, and craps like a duck .......... it is probably a DUCK . And this TURKEY has proven just what he is ..........
A duck?
Jon H

Columbus, OH

#21 May 3, 2010
Yeah Baby!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tim Ryan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tucker Carlson kicks Democrat off program amid ... Feb 3 Red Crosse 8
News US agency says it won't delay Ohio man's deport... Jan 25 Cordwainer Trout 3
News Rep. Tim Ryan leads fight to stop deportation o... Jan 21 Cath League of Du... 5
News Why not move the 'swamp' out of Washington? Dec '17 I am Spartacus - 2
News How candidates might fare in 2020 Oct '17 CodeTalker 1
News The Latest: Tim Ryan among Dems in Iowa to plan... Oct '17 Noe 6
News Could Ohio's Next Governor Be Democrat Jerry Sp... (Dec '16) Aug '17 Atlanta Puppeteer 2
More from around the web