Ex-con Traficant to run for Congress

Ex-con Traficant to run for Congress

There are 19 comments on the WLUK-TV Green Bay story from May 4, 2010, titled Ex-con Traficant to run for Congress. In it, WLUK-TV Green Bay reports that:

James A. Traficant Jr., who served nearly two decades in Congress and seven years in prison for corruption, filed petitions Monday to run as an independent in his northeast Ohio home turf.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLUK-TV Green Bay.

was-burg steve

Everetts, NC

#1 May 4, 2010
Has he gotten a new Wig?? The Old one looked like roadkill. And the fools will probably put him into office because he isn't any more corrupt than the other people running.
Parden pard

Bethlehem, PA

#2 May 4, 2010
I watched the proceedings on TV.Talk about a witch-hunt and a railroad job. They where afraid of him because of his "tell it like it is" way of speaking on the floor and exposing corruption.It's ironic and tragic that the corrupt congressional SOBs send him to jail for corruption.,,,go figure
Stephany McDowell

“Commentaries”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#3 May 4, 2010
Corruption? Never heard of such a thang.

“Mess with me.”

Since: Dec 09

I like it.

#4 May 4, 2010
Well, he'll fit right in with the rest of the criminals...
Stephany McDowell

“Commentaries”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#5 May 4, 2010
Let's all vote for him and start a Mafia, J/K

“behind curtain #1”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#6 May 4, 2010
It should be a good race_ex-con versus future con.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Raleigh, NC

#7 May 4, 2010
He's a typical corrupt Demoscat trying to run as an independent.

The Geno

“"What I tell ya?"”

Since: Mar 10

Geno the Troll Buster

#8 May 4, 2010
The laughing liberal wrote:
He's a typical corrupt Demoscat trying to run as an independent.
Obama's principles oddly enough place him along the same lines as a moderate republican of the 70's. The problem is the Republican wingnuts have gone so far right it's embarassing
Rob

Youngstown, OH

#9 May 4, 2010
By "Ex-Con", you mean CAUGHT, or Given up by his fellow congressmen (who I am SURE don't EVER get any special treatment or kickbacks, right?), then yes, Jim T. is one. The only reason he served that much time was because his fellow politicians wanted to make an example out of someone who doesn't play ball with them. Let's be real here people. I'd vote for the guy that none of the other BS'ers liked anyday. Jim T. used to actually accomplish things. Your golden God Tim Ryan is a typical politician. Good with words (kinda like our mr perfect president huh?), but not much else. You really think Tim Ryan (or any other politician for that matter) DOESN'T get special "Treatment"? If you believe this, you are truly a sheep.
Rob

Youngstown, OH

#10 May 4, 2010
The Geno wrote:
<quoted text>Obama's principles oddly enough place him along the same lines as a moderate republican of the 70's. The problem is the Republican wingnuts have gone so far right it's embarassing
Yes, and don't forget that the pendulum swings wildly back the other way mr Democrat. Unless Obama decides to make himself KING.
Shady Lady

United States

#11 May 4, 2010
Obama is a consumate liar. He has no principles. He can be left, or right, or moderate, whatever, because he is a liar.

The Geno

“"What I tell ya?"”

Geno the Troll Buster

#12 May 4, 2010
Shady Lady wrote:
Obama is a consumate liar. He has no principles. He can be left, or right, or moderate, whatever, because he is a liar.
personally, I think it makes a lot of sense to make the right choice for the right situation rather than just vote along party lines, don't you? Partisanship is what really destroys politics.

The Geno

“"What I tell ya?"”

Geno the Troll Buster

#13 May 4, 2010
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and don't forget that the pendulum swings wildly back the other way mr Democrat. Unless Obama decides to make himself KING.
soo, loosely translated, you hate the fact a black man has made it into the White House?

I'd take Elmer Fudd anyday over the goof that spent the last 8 years there
Shady Lady

United States

#14 May 4, 2010
Then you will certainly hate the next President in 2012, a Republican. And with a Republican House, and Senate left over from 2010 you will be filled with hate. But thaT is o k.

The Geno

“"What I tell ya?"”

Geno the Troll Buster

#15 May 4, 2010
Shady Lady wrote:
Then you will certainly hate the next President in 2012, a Republican. And with a Republican House, and Senate left over from 2010 you will be filled with hate. But thaT is o k.
I don't care who is in as long as they make good sound decisions that help the majority of the people.

By the likes of your ISP address, you're in a heavily populated republican section of the country yet the median income level is very low. You voting for a republican is like the chickens voting for Colonel Sanders. When will low class inbred republicans ever understand this?? They always vote in their best disinterest, lisenting only to the hate and the rhetoric.
Shady Lady

United States

#16 May 4, 2010
I hate to tell you, you are having such fun in your little blue bubble, but the town listed with my name is not really wher I am from. You have no idea where I am from. No one. I am Conservative, and I do believe Obama is a Marxist/Leftist, and I don't see him being re elected, so let him have his way for the next 5 months, then he can sit out the last 2 year of his term in his living quarters.
Parden pard

Bethlehem, PA

#17 May 4, 2010
Rob wrote:
By "Ex-Con", you mean CAUGHT, or Given up by his fellow congressmen (who I am SURE don't EVER get any special treatment or kickbacks, right?), then yes, Jim T. is one. The only reason he served that much time was because his fellow politicians wanted to make an example out of someone who doesn't play ball with them. Let's be real here people. I'd vote for the guy that none of the other BS'ers liked anyday. Jim T. used to actually accomplish things. Your golden God Tim Ryan is a typical politician. Good with words (kinda like our mr perfect president huh?), but not much else. You really think Tim Ryan (or any other politician for that matter) DOESN'T get special "Treatment"? If you believe this, you are truly a sheep.
Sounds like you know the score and who's comin at bat.Jimmy carries his own balls to the bowling lane.I'd love to see the rats run once he gets back. I can't wait,,!(oy the humanity).
Lonewolf

Leesville, SC

#18 May 5, 2010
The Geno wrote:
<quoted text>soo, loosely translated, you hate the fact a black man has made it into the White House?
I'd take Elmer Fudd anyday over the goof that spent the last 8 years there
I don't hate the fact that he made it to the White House, it's the way he made it there that disturbs me.The past election was rife with voter fraud and people voting for someone based only on their skin color. Many who voted for him had no clue as to what he really stood for.

The Geno

“"What I tell ya?"”

Geno the Troll Buster

#19 May 5, 2010
Lonewolf wrote:
<quoted text>I don't hate the fact that he made it to the White House, it's the way he made it there that disturbs me.The past election was rife with voter fraud and people voting for someone based only on their skin color. Many who voted for him had no clue as to what he really stood for.
and the 2000 and 2004 elections weren't???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tim Ryan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How candidates might fare in 2020 Oct '17 CodeTalker 1
News The Latest: Tim Ryan among Dems in Iowa to plan... Oct '17 Noe 6
News Could Ohio's Next Governor Be Democrat Jerry Sp... (Dec '16) Aug '17 Atlanta Puppeteer 2
News House panel moves to up funding for US Capitol ... Jun '17 DMetrius Jones 3
News At congressional picnic, Trump calls for post-s... Jun '17 C Kersey 17
News Schumer: 'You don't blame other people' for los... Jun '17 Trump Plotza 4
News Another leadership test for Pelosi, who's weath... Jun '17 American_Infidel 17
More from around the web