Fracking' is thirsty work

Fracking' is thirsty work

There are 8 comments on the The Columbus Dispatch story from Mar 25, 2012, titled Fracking' is thirsty work. In it, The Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Drillers are eager to tap a vast reservoir of natural gas and oil within shale beneath Ohio, which could employ thousands, but critics say it will also cause pollution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Columbus Dispatch.

concerned citizen

United States

#1 Mar 25, 2012
I suggest everyone watch the documentary "Gasland" you will learn the negative effects "fracking" does to our water supply!!!
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#2 Mar 25, 2012
Sure it does. But which would you rather have, affordable gas, or clean water? Utilities are going to kill us if we have to keep pandering to the environmentalists.

I just got my water bills for the first quarter of the year.$550.00. Mind you, I'm a landlord and have five units. But the total amount of people I have here are seven people. Why so high? Because of new federal regulations forced on us here in Cleveland, and summer isn't even here yet where the bills will be much higher.

So I'm estimating that I'm going to have to spend nearly $2,500 this year to provide water and sewer to six other people than myself.

Kennesaw71

Since: Mar 11

United States

#3 Mar 25, 2012
More lying by the eco-hysterics —this time “Gasland” documentary creator leaving out some “inconvenient truths”, like reports from 1936 and 1976 stating that there was worrisome amounts of methane in the aquifer before any Fracking by the gas industry.

Josh Fox has responded to valid journalistic questions about his documentary Gasland by stifling the freedom of the press.

Fox admitted hiding facts from his documentary that contradicted his scaremongering about drilling for natural gas.

And Fox’s response when we posted the video on YouTube – he got his lawyers to have YouTube pull it down.

That’s right – he has tried to use lawyers to silence journalist from asking difficult questions and putting his answers to those questions on the Internet.

Yup —can’t win with the truth, so they win with trial lawyers ... same ol’, same ‘ol ... like the Talking Head’s song,“Same as it ever was.”
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#4 Mar 25, 2012
There is truth to the fact that fracking does indeed pollute watersheds. But it's also truth that it's only about 1% of the jobs that go wrong. The more fraciking that takes place, the better they become at it. Technology improves, understanding the process improves, and it improves the plight of consumers.

I've learned so much about fracking through this video. Mind you, it's an hour or so long, but it tells the truth about fracking with no political bias. It's from a professor who spent years in the business. He will keep you hanging on every word.

St. Croix valley

#5 Mar 25, 2012
Frackin' A it's thirsty work!

People have been fracking for gas and oil for decades now. there are some places where it will not work safely. in others, it is fine.

We do need to regulate what the companies are pumping into the ground as fracking solution and as waste, though. There are no other industries where you get to dump unknown chemicals into the ground and the gas and oil industry should be no exception.
TSP

Titusville, PA

#6 Apr 17, 2012
great bring on more pollution and man made earth quakes
Bayou City

Houston, TX

#7 Apr 17, 2012
Fracking is HAARP's little helper.

Kennesaw71

United States

#8 Apr 17, 2012
To many high paying jobs being created to suit yer ways??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ted Strickland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News kasich works to erase state's 'Rust Belt' label Feb '17 Ronald 8
News Ohio Cops Say Man Ran Hooker Review Web Site (Jan '09) Feb '17 Helpful Phart 16
News Renewable energy mandates: How does Ohio compar... Feb '17 Solarman 1
News Patrol chief, safety boss on way out (Aug '09) Jan '17 El Gato 76
News Mourners Pack Auditorium for John Glenn's Life ... Dec '16 Cordwainer Trout 1
News Welfare- to-work faltering in Ohio | The Columb... (May '11) Nov '16 Pam 1,046
News Rob Portman, Ted Strickland take the gloves off... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Jaysus Sharia 19
More from around the web