State now says 3C train will average ...

State now says 3C train will average 50 mph

There are 1192 comments on the DispatchPolitics story from Sep 25, 2010, titled State now says 3C train will average 50 mph. In it, DispatchPolitics reports that:

Ohio's 3C passenger trains just got a lot faster. State officials released a new train schedule yesterday showing that the journey from Cincinnati to Cleveland would take as little as five hours and 11 minutes, which shaves more than an hour off the state's initial forecast.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at DispatchPolitics.

First Prev
of 60
Next Last
3C Means Higher Taxes

Columbus, OH

#1212 Nov 9, 2010
Surprise, surprise. Look at the news coming out of Charlotte:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/08/1...

This is what happens in every city that invests in passenger rail, whether it be local light rail or Amtrak; It is simply to expensive to operate, requiring endlessly escalating taxpayer subsidies. In return, passenger rail makes little to no impact on congestion, and is used by the few while all taxpayers get stuck with it.

People voted to stop the insanity. Give the money back to Washington and let them do whatever with it, preferably pay down the staggering deficit.

Any city that spends the money on rail will rue the day - it is an endless money pit. Unions will run the show, and highway and road repairs will still be needed.

Bye bye 3C.
Milhouse

Columbus, OH

#1213 Nov 9, 2010
Remember, the republican controlled Ohio Senate approved the plan by a 33-0 vote and told ODOT to seek the Federal funding.

Now they're trying to blame Strickland, which is hypocritical.
TeeEmUp

Columbus, OH

#1214 Nov 9, 2010
Milhouse wrote:
Remember, the republican controlled Ohio Senate approved the plan by a 33-0 vote and told ODOT to seek the Federal funding.
Who came up with the 3C proposal that was voted on by the State Senate?
3C Means Higher Taxes

Columbus, OH

#1215 Nov 9, 2010
Milhouse wrote:
Millhouse - you are a loser, just like UNcle Ted. Here's what counts:

http://www.examiner.com/government-in-columbu...

The republicans on the State Controlling board all voted "no" to the spenind the $25 mill.

Btw,- speaking of hypocrites, ODOT's director Molitoris (?), the queen of rail zombies, didn't even show up for the hearing to request the $25 million!

Do us a favor and go back underground where you belong.
We The People

Columbus, OH

#1216 Nov 10, 2010
I can only hope the train issue is in fact dead,just cause the Obama gang want to give us 400 million of our own money to build this train to no-where,it's us tax payers that will have to maintain the trains and rail system,just so a select few people that are in no hurry to travel can use it...that 400 million will not be a drop in the bucket as to maintaining the system and sharing the rails with railway cars,kind of like taking the bus and having it stop every 50ft. to pick up passengers,it will take forever to get anywhere... I'm with John K. the president will need that money for his re-election campaign...after all thats about all he is good at..

“American gvt is in the bag”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1217 Mar 29, 2011
TeeEmUp wrote:
<quoted text>
The US is stuck in the 1900s as well. Since when did the US start taking leads from China, Japan, and Europe on technology?
Not only would be taking leads from them, we'd have to buy the trains from them too, because we stopped making them and lost the technology.
Kasich for President

Cincinnati, OH

#1218 Mar 29, 2011
We love you Governor Kasich...

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#1219 Mar 29, 2011
Ahhhhh, I see there's still some life left in this old debate.

Keep'em coming guys!
Millhouse

United States

#1220 Mar 29, 2011
I can't believe this discussion is still alive. But then they're still talking about the smoking law 5 years later.

Location hidden

#1222 Mar 31, 2011
Last time I checked the smoking subject had one of the highest counts on this forum.

Another one with good legs is about the president's birth certificate.

I'll keep up the good fight on here though.

Location hidden

#1223 Mar 31, 2011
3C Means Higher Taxes wrote:
Surprise, surprise. Look at the news coming out of Charlotte:
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/08/1...
This is what happens in every city that invests in passenger rail, whether it be local light rail or Amtrak; It is simply to expensive to operate, requiring endlessly escalating taxpayer subsidies. In return, passenger rail makes little to no impact on congestion, and is used by the few while all taxpayers get stuck with it.
People voted to stop the insanity. Give the money back to Washington and let them do whatever with it, preferably pay down the staggering deficit.
Any city that spends the money on rail will rue the day - it is an endless money pit. Unions will run the show, and highway and road repairs will still be needed.
Bye bye 3C.
Light rail is not really related to the 3C proposal, but I see your point.

In the proper setting, light rail is really a necessity. Can you imagine the traffic in New York and Boston without their subways? These communities actually could not exist in their present forms without light rail and subways, but they certainly are the exceptions.

The difference between 3C and New York subways? Millions actually RIDE the New York system each year and it is integral to the economic health of the city. The 3C, on the other hand, is not necessary and would not have been ridden.

Since: Aug 09

Columbus, OH

#1224 Aug 15, 2011
Pathetic wrote:
Stop the 3C Now = Obvious Kasich shill, nothing more.
Yep, but they won - for how. A great loss for Ohio.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 60
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ted Strickland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kasich wants rail funds used other ways (Nov '10) Jun '17 Reality Speaks 195
News kasich works to erase state's 'Rust Belt' label (Feb '17) Feb '17 Ronald 8
News Ohio Cops Say Man Ran Hooker Review Web Site (Jan '09) Feb '17 Helpful Phart 16
News Renewable energy mandates: How does Ohio compar... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Solarman 1
News Patrol chief, safety boss on way out (Aug '09) Jan '17 El Gato 76
News Mourners Pack Auditorium for John Glenn's Life ... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Cordwainer Trout 1
News Welfare- to-work faltering in Ohio | The Columb... (May '11) Nov '16 Pam 1,046
More from around the web