Sanford says God will make him better...

Sanford says God will make him better Columbus Dispatch Politics

There are 5 comments on the DispatchPolitics story from Jul 19, 2009, titled Sanford says God will make him better Columbus Dispatch Politics. In it, DispatchPolitics reports that:

South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford, still clinging to office after admitting to an extramarital affair, wrote in an opinion piece published today that God will change him so he can emerge from the scandal a more humble and effective leader.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at DispatchPolitics.

florida

West Jefferson, OH

#1 Jul 19, 2009
They've got a million of 'em.
Ugh

Philo, OH

#2 Jul 19, 2009
I think I'm going to throw up.
John

United States

#3 Jul 19, 2009
In like manner, being 'dramatically gifted' certainly hasn't stopped a local preacher hysterical for media attention (no matter how hateful he appears) from drinking like a fish, stop beating his wife, or stop buying Rollexes as if he needs another to outdo the 'boys' on his staff.

This kind of 'Christianity' is no Christianity at all.

It's the American Taliban with its tentacles everywhere, not just central Ohio and South Carolina.

All nonsense and tripe, but what wonderful perks along the way!

Good Lord.
Travis Villager

Tallulah, LA

#4 Jul 19, 2009
This man should be removed. I am a citizen of that state and my beef isn't that he had an affair (as a great deal of people do). It is the fact that the man walked off the job with no one in charge of the state while lots of issues were at work on our future.

It does not matter if he had one mistress or 500 he stepped off the job and to babble about religion makes that point even more poisonous. If I walk away from my job for a couple of days for any reason am I to expect to be all open arms when I return?
swedenforever

Frederick, MD

#5 Jul 9, 2011
"Fly Me to Argentina"

Philadelphia, PA

Reply ยป
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2009

The repubs do need to just stop talking about all their morality and family values crap. People cheat, they do drugs, they have sex before getting married. It's life. Next they'll be quoting that Iranian dude and saying there are no gay people here. Nobody cares what the republicans do, if they are gay, cheat, hit the bottle or whatever, just stop chastizing anyone who does if you can't stick to the ethics you preach about all the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ted Strickland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News kasich works to erase state's 'Rust Belt' label Feb 12 Ronald 8
News Ohio Cops Say Man Ran Hooker Review Web Site (Jan '09) Feb 9 Helpful Phart 16
News Renewable energy mandates: How does Ohio compar... Feb 4 Solarman 1
News Patrol chief, safety boss on way out (Aug '09) Jan '17 El Gato 76
News Mourners Pack Auditorium for John Glenn's Life ... Dec '16 Cordwainer Trout 1
News Welfare- to-work faltering in Ohio | The Columb... (May '11) Nov '16 Pam 1,046
News Rob Portman, Ted Strickland take the gloves off... Oct '16 Jaysus Sharia 19
More from around the web