Lethal-injection challenge dead

Full story: DispatchPolitics

The Ohio Supreme Court had a blunt message yesterday for would-be challengers to Ohio's lethal-injection protocol: You can't get there from here.
Comments
1 - 20 of 41 Comments Last updated Jul 27, 2011
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Just Another Cynic

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 3, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

"Lethal-injection challenge dead" ... THAT'S a funny headline! The dirtbag Romell Broom will be dead too, and not a minute too soon if you ask me or any other regular guy.
Mick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 3, 2010
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Great headline!
rollingmyeyes

Canal Winchester, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 3, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

What about the victims' rights or voices? THEY are the weak that needed to be protected and with our courts they and their families are victimized time and again. Is THAT a civilized society?
Concerned citizen

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 3, 2010
 

Judged:

5

4

2

It is absurdly illogical to kill as a way of teaching that killing is wrong. And if it must be done, that it be done with competency and dignity. Someone will say he did not give that to his victim(s). True. So do we the law abiding respectable and respectful citizens immitate therefore the very behavior we are condemning?
Beer_chaser

Salida, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 3, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Concerned citizen wrote:
It is absurdly illogical to kill as a way of teaching that killing is wrong. And if it must be done, that it be done with competency and dignity. Someone will say he did not give that to his victim(s). True. So do we the law abiding respectable and respectful citizens immitate therefore the very behavior we are condemning?
While you are entitled to your beliefs and convictions on this matter, I have a different thought. The Death penalty is a consquence of the convicted's actions. It should be administered in a reasonable manner. The evolution of execution has evovled with a lot more thought, precision than ever. So how much more respectful can citizen get.
TheTruthHurts

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 3, 2010
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Concerned citizen wrote:
It is absurdly illogical to kill as a way of teaching that killing is wrong. And if it must be done, that it be done with competency and dignity. Someone will say he did not give that to his victim(s). True. So do we the law abiding respectable and respectful citizens immitate therefore the very behavior we are condemning?
You can't be serious. This guy rapped and killed a 14 year old little girl who will never have the chance to live life. And you say its "absurd to kill as a way of teaching". I image if your child was raped and killed by this guy you would still have compassion for him... I say he lost all of his rights when he took her life, and we should be using him and others like him as test subjects for the most heinous device/product the government can find, and if that doesn't kill him hire me I'll pull the trigger for a small fee. I could live with myself knowing that he and the others like him would never have the chance to repeat their crime.

By the way Thanks for Strickland
Mean Joe Green

Neenah, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

did this killer give the people he killed a second chance..??
workingdadof7

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 3, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

Concerned citizen wrote:
It is absurdly illogical to kill as a way of teaching that killing is wrong. And if it must be done, that it be done with competency and dignity. Someone will say he did not give that to his victim(s). True. So do we the law abiding respectable and respectful citizens immitate therefore the very behavior we are condemning?
Just remember this. When they are put to death, they won't hurt anyone again. And the dignity part, give them the same amount they gave their victims.
Danno From Powell

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 3, 2010
 

Judged:

4

3

1

Concerned citizen wrote:
It is absurdly illogical to kill as a way of teaching that killing is wrong. And if it must be done, that it be done with competency and dignity. Someone will say he did not give that to his victim(s). True. So do we the law abiding respectable and respectful citizens immitate therefore the very behavior we are condemning?
Thank you for expressing your views. The inmate gave up his right to any kind of reasonable humane administration of the death penalty. We as a society function by the rule of law that in far too few cases follows the logic of an "eye for an eye". We are far from imitating the actions of the inmate by maintaining our rule of law that determines the day to day functions of our society.

These inmates like Maurice Mason who brags to his guards of how he beat his victim in the back of the head with a board with a nail protruding from it need to man up and take the decision of punishment instead of having their family members consistently retelling his lies on the internet. For the simple reason that when his pregnant victim Robin was raped then sodomized by him before he strangled then beat her with the board that had the nail sticking out of it was NEVER given her choice of to live or die. Cheap pieces of trash like this need to be sent to their final destination post haste.
ProgressiveOhioa n

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 3, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

3

It is hypocritical to say that it is wrong to kill and as a state you kill people. It's that simple.
Alpha1

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 3, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

I'm sure the victim wouldn't mind sitting in jail getting three meals a day, paid room and board, cable TV, etc., but she can't even have that.

If the first attempt fails then the alternative methods should be used immediately.

1) Firing Squad
2) Hanging
3) Old Sparky
4) Marriage to Lorena Bobbitt
MoD

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

It's not wrong to kill. It's wrong to murder. Killing as a consequence of murder is perfectly acceptable.
Alpha1

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 3, 2010
 
ProgressiveOhioan wrote:
It is hypocritical to say that it is wrong to kill and as a state you kill people. It's that simple.
I suppose it's better to give them free room and board, meals, cable TV, clothes, etc. for for life? That's better than a job!

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 3, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

1

ProgressiveOhioan wrote:
It is hypocritical to say that it is wrong to kill and as a state you kill people. It's that simple.
It is more hypocritical to say that it is ok for a person to live when he/she has taken the most precious thing there is - an innocent life.
howrad

Dry Ridge, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 3, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Concerned citizen wrote:
It is absurdly illogical to kill as a way of teaching that killing is wrong. And if it must be done, that it be done with competency and dignity. Someone will say he did not give that to his victim(s). True. So do we the law abiding respectable and respectful citizens immitate therefore the very behavior we are condemning?
I think you have missed the point. The death penalty is to remove undesirables(criminals) from society. It must be done and who cares about the dignity, it is the profciency we should care about. I do not support lethal injection, bullets are cheaper. "What ye sow in the wind, so shall ye reap in the whirlwind"
howrad

Dry Ridge, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ProgressiveOhian
You are entitled to your opinion as I am for my opinion. I disagree with your opinion. I suggest you gather some like-minded folks, pool your funds and develope and support a facility to hold these criminals. Please do not demand the government to extort funds from my family to support thngs you want to be.
Naturalized

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

This is a question that will linger for eternity. To kill or not to kill people who are detrimental to our society and take the life of inocent people. People deserve forgiveness, but if their crime is punished by death, then they are really out of luck. They should ask God to forgive them of their actions/sins and accept the punishment imposed by the law so that when they die in 20 years (it does take that long) they will have a place to go.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Public execution should be brought back and it should be done at the end of a rope.
Andrea

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Dec 6, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Concerned citizen wrote:
It is absurdly illogical to kill as a way of teaching that killing is wrong. And if it must be done, that it be done with competency and dignity. Someone will say he did not give that to his victim(s). True. So do we the law abiding respectable and respectful citizens immitate therefore the very behavior we are condemning?
There is a qualitative difference in morality between a criminal who stabs another with a knife, and a skilled surgeon who removes a cancerous tumor with a scalpel. Murderers are a cancerous tumor on our society and state execution is the surgeon's scalpel.
workingdadof7

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Dec 6, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

1

ProgressiveOhioan wrote:
It is hypocritical to say that it is wrong to kill and as a state you kill people. It's that simple.
Progress is not always a good thing.There is a difference between murder (the shedding of innocent blood), and killing them in the name of justice for that crime.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••