Vt., Texas congressmen join fray in W...

Vt., Texas congressmen join fray in Wal-Mart fight

There are 2 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Feb 25, 2009, titled Vt., Texas congressmen join fray in Wal-Mart fight. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

Two congressmen - a Democrat from Vermont, a Republican from Texas - are joining the battle against plans for a Wal-Mart store near a Civil War battlefield in Virginia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

David

New York, NY

#1 Feb 25, 2009
A bank and a strip mall already there? Either they are lying or there are some serious hypocrites opposing Walmart... my money is on the latter.
Go Forward Not Back

Brattleboro, VT

#2 Feb 25, 2009
Why doesn't Walmart just build the store *in* the cemetery? And while they're at it, let them put one on the Capitol Mall in Washington, and another one on top of Mt Rushmore, and hey, put one at Ground Zero in NYC. Consumers deserve choices, and it creates jobs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ted Poe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Houston Congressman Poe won't pick favorite in ... Sun ROAD FART 6
News TV ads start in Houston congressional race Jan 7 LEAVING FARTS 3
News Eleven candidates already qualified for Houston... Dec '17 FART LARGE 11
News New 'Blue Lives Matter' laws raise concerns amo... (May '17) Jun '17 FormerParatrooper 88
News Blaming conservatives, Trump signals new openne... (Mar '17) Apr '17 Julios lottery ti... 50
News US House passes bill allowing 9/11 victims to s... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Synque 39
News New law to punish countries for not taking back... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Death on 2 Legs 1
More from around the web