Republicans attempt to stifle action ...

Republicans attempt to stifle action on climate change

There are 47 comments on the www.guardian.co.uk story from Jan 7, 2011, titled Republicans attempt to stifle action on climate change. In it, www.guardian.co.uk reports that:

In their first full day in the new Congress, Republicans outlined three different bills - " encapsulating three different strategies - " aimed at limiting the powers of the EPA. to act on climate change.

In their first full day in the new Congress, Republicans outlined three different bills – encapsulating three different strategies – aimed at limiting the powers of the EPA. It also shut down a house committee that had tackled energy and climate issues.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.guardian.co.uk.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Algernon Sidney

United States

#42 Jan 9, 2011
Earthling-1 wrote:
Alarmists would have us believe that the opposite is true.
Can you link to a citation?
Here is a link for 2007:
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/09/energ...
Algernon Sidney

United States

#43 Jan 9, 2011
Northie wrote:
Okay, I get that you're a nut. I only hope you aren't yet another asshole like Loughner; an insane, anti-government murderer who gunned down a liberal member of Congress
Gabrielle Giffords was not a liberal, she was a moderate who was targeted with a bulls eye by a liberal on the Daily Kos.
"I'd argue that we can narrow the target list by looking at those Democrats who sold out the Constitution last week. I've bolded members of the Blue Dogs for added emphasis."
[Gabrielle Giffords (AZ-08) name was "bolded" on the liberal "target list".]
"this vote certainly puts a bulls eye on their district"

Algernon Sidney

United States

#44 Jan 9, 2011
Northie wrote:
It now appears that this was all a premeditated assassination plot, politically motivated...and very possibly connected to Sarah Palin's shriek to "target" Giffords for her support of last year's healthcare reform bill.
Appearances are in the eye of the beholder, but there is no evidence to support what you see in your biased eye. In fact, all of the evidence points to the opposite of what you claim.
Algernon Sidney

United States

#45 Jan 9, 2011
Northie wrote:
Add these victims to the hundreds of others murdered by conservative asswipes in the past two decades, in bombings of Federal buildings, the Olympics and abortion clinics; in shooting sprees in childcare centers, liberal churches and the National Holocaust Museum; in assassinations of liberal activists, talk show hosts and political leaders. Hundreds dead all across the US. All in the name of conservative values.
If you aren't ashamed, you aren't human.
Actually none of them are dead in the name of conservative values. But you care little about facts.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#46 Jan 9, 2011
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Warming is undeniable, no science necessary.
"RAPID climate change" would depend on one's idea of rapid.<quoted text>How many degrees Fahrenheit or Centigrade has the world warmed in the last 40 years?<quoted text>They did a good job on you.
At this point, I can only call you stupid. Sorry.

http://news.google.com/news/story...
Northie

Spokane, WA

#47 Jan 10, 2011
Algernon Sidney wrote:
<quoted text> Actually none of them are dead in the name of conservative values. But you care little about facts.
You disgust me.

Enough said.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#48 Jan 10, 2011
Mr_Bill wrote:
Sorry.
Your apology is graciously accepted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ted Poe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blaming conservatives, Trump signals new openne... 10 hr Fishbait 45
News US House passes bill allowing 9/11 victims to s... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Synque 43
News New law to punish countries for not taking back... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Death on 2 Legs 1
News Jamie Leigh Jones Wins the Suzanne McDaniel Pub... (Apr '08) Jun '16 adel ghazi ali 2
News This Bill Could Make More Kids Obese - and No O... (Apr '16) May '16 Three Rounds 2
News Heimlich rescues choking Texas congressman (Jun '13) May '16 Half It All 10
News Kleberg District Attorney Hoping for Stronger B... (Apr '16) Apr '16 wild child 1
More from around the web