Republicans retreat on gay marriage

Mar 30, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KXRM-TV Colorado Springs

Read more: National , Politics , Politico , Marriage , Same Sex Marriage , Gay Marriage , Republicans Going Silent on Gay Marriage , Republican Leadership Killing Efforts Opposing same Sex Unions , Opposing same Sex Marriage Losing Battle for GOP It's been one of the swiftest shifts in ideology and strategy for Republicans, as they've come nearly ... (more)

Comments
1 - 20 of 590 Comments Last updated Apr 10, 2012
First Prev
of 30
Next Last

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

And if you believe that, I've got a bridge for sale in Brooklyn.....

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
Which one ?!

:)
Hoodathunkit

Mount Gilead, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
If it's the one that Daniel/Frank/Fred lives under, you'll never be able to setll it.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

Hoodathunkit wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's the one that Daniel/Frank/Fred lives under, you'll never be able to setll it.
Yes, it would have to be sold "as is, troll included".

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
Is it the Kosciuszko Bridge ?! I've crossed that bridge HUNDREDS of times and LOVE it !

:)
Edgar

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

Absolute BS.

They will keep fighting to deny these people their rights til kingdom come. There's no stopping them.

The republican vote is mainly Christian anti-gay suburbanites or rural citizens. Their party knows that's where a lot of the people are. So they pander to the homophobia.

WHEN YOU GONNA LEARN.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

They're just hoping to spit the Democratic vote.

Get over it. FAST.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

They're just hoping to split the Democratic vote.

Get over it. FAST.

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

snyper wrote:
They're just hoping to split the Democratic vote.
Get over it. FAST.
Seems like they got enough votes in the last election (the greatest amount in history, looking at the last congressional elections).

Why do you suppose that is ?

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

The article is confirmed by events on the Democratic side: Instead of running away from gay rights issues, Team Obama is gingerly embracing them. The administration has made several moves toward more equal treatment of gays this year.

The repeal of DADT could easily have been more grudging. It might have seemed politically expedient to deny gay couples access to bases for their functions and to continue excluding same-sex partners from official events. Instead, the Armed Forces have fought to steadily open more doors to gays' and lesbians' families.

The Democrats are even focusing spotlights on the granddaddy of divisive issues; Marriage equality. Advocating repeal of DOMA during an odd year may not have seemed bold. But advocating to put marriage equality into the Democratic platform is bold. And the recent statement by a White House official that Obama opposes North Carolina's DOMA should be seen as a trial balloon, possibly leading to a definitive statement on marriage equality. With four more states voting on marriage for same-sex couples this fall, Obama wouldn't raise the issue unless he thought it was a winner for Democrats.

That's how far we've come: Whereas anti-gay rhetoric was a reliable vote-getter for Republicans just two elections ago, Democrats expect pro-gay positions to yield positive results now.

And, of course, there's the well-founded fear of homophobic Republicans that their rent boys will betray them. And once their wives know, there will be no more sex in the park on the way home from the office.

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

nhjeff wrote:
And, of course, there's the well-founded fear of homophobic Republicans that their rent boys will betray them. And once their wives know, there will be no more sex in the park on the way home from the office.
Hilarious. And true.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

There's been a Republican that has said the federal government should stay out of marriage all together and let the states decide what marriage laws should be.
For example: if you live in MA and are gay and in that state they won't let you get married...you can move to a state like NY where you can.
=
He has been saying this for over 25 years now.
This Republican also doesn't want the federal gov't going into undeclared wars, spending our kids future away, and Constitutional civil liberties for all.
=
Does anyone know who he is?????:)

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

Well, the Republicans may have quietly put SSM in the background, but the Dems did the same with gun control.

PS: Toronto averages about 50 murders per year. Chicago, a city of the same size, averages about 500.
And yes, we have minorities and poor people here too.

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

Oscar23 wrote:
There's been a Republican that has said the federal government should stay out of marriage all together and let the states decide what marriage laws should be.
For example: if you live in MA and are gay and in that state they won't let you get married...you can move to a state like NY where you can.
=
This Republican also doesn't want the federal gov't going into undeclared wars, spending our kids future away, and Constitutional civil liberties for all.
=
Ron Paul, who's really more a Libertarian (as I am).

Since: Jan 08

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

I trust republicans about as far as I can throw Chris Christie.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

Dubya wrote:
Heave-ho....uhg!!!

“Church | | State”

Since: Jun 07

Toby's Landing

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

Dubya wrote:
If you can throw Chris Christie then I want to join your gym!

Let me borrow and modify a phrase from a well-known nutcase on this forum (aka Frank): Republicans are evil, pure evil!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

Oscar23 wrote:
=
=
Whoever he/she is; he/she is clueless because churches don't sell marriage licenses
$35 government marriage licenses are sold only by county courthouses; and are recorded by courthouse clerks; not by churches
The price of a $35 government marriage license qualifies a couple for $467,562.00 in government benefits over the life of their marriage. Churches don't go there
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/03/your-money/...
Moliner

Enterprise, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Obama shows support for gay marriage:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/politi...

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

Moliner wrote:
Obama shows support for gay marriage:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/politi...
No, he doesn't. In addition to being the WORST POTUS in history (and quite probably an illegal alien), he's a SPINELESS WIMP.

Did you read teh article ??? NOWHERE des it say, nor quote him, as supportinh equal marriage rights for gay and lesbian Americans.

EXACTLY WHY he is Evil. PURE EVIL.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 30
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ted Poe Discussions

Search the Ted Poe Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Hit the Right Nerve' Pelosi confronts Gop rep ... 1 hr Righteous 609
Rep. Poe: Congress May Authorize Action Against... 2 hr shakey 1
'Pakistan is not a friend of the US. It is a di... (Nov '13) Aug 12 NITiN 10
As Texas border fence lags, costs, controversy ... (Oct '08) Aug 7 jerry 3
Speaker John Boehner To Hold Immigration Reform... (Dec '13) Dec '13 immigraniada 2
Bachmann: Iran deal is - suicidal' (Nov '13) Nov '13 Ignorore 11
Insight: Quietly, businesses help reshape U.S. ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 conservative crapola 5
•••
•••