The Displacement of American Workers ...

The Displacement of American Workers by ILLEGALS

There are 1302 comments on the oneoldvet.com story from Dec 9, 2011, titled The Displacement of American Workers by ILLEGALS. In it, oneoldvet.com reports that:

Illegal Immigration is vastly becoming a war of-THEM and US-which is an invasion of people who came here to steal jobs, with the collusion of nationwide businesses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at oneoldvet.com.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#23 Dec 9, 2011
sterco wrote:
I forgot to say that I dropped timber in the Black Hills of SD!!! That was the best job I ever had before the one I am working now!!! Hell had a cabin in the woods and fell in love with the local girls at least five times!!! Looking back sometimes I think I should have stayed!!! Some of the hardest work I ever did and the happiest I ever was in my life!!!
I hear ya and I'm still doing it...
racer42

Hayward, CA

#24 Dec 9, 2011
Another name wrote:
<quoted text> schmuck I make more cashback a year from skymiles than your salary ;-) what about some cold fact numbers - Graduate and postgraduate student immigrants are essential to creating new, well-paid jobs in our economy. Of the 35 young innovators recognized this year by Technology Review magazine for their exceptional new ideas, only six went to high school in the United States. From MIT alone, foreign graduates have founded an estimated 2,340 active U.S. companies that employ over 100,000 people.
Amazingly, if as incoming students they had told U.S. immigration authorities that they hoped to stay on as entrepreneurs after graduation, they would have been turned back at the border. Our immigration laws specifically require that students return to their home countries after earning their degrees and then apply for a visa if they want to return and work in the U.S. It would be hard to invent a policy more counterproductive to our national interest.
Oh, you're delusional as well. You have no idea how much I earn in a year or how much my investments are worth. I have no problems with LEGAL immigrants getting tuition assistance from taxpayer dollars. I've got a big beef, however, when taxpayer dollars go to support those in the country ILLEGALLY to the exclusion of US citizens.
racer42

Hayward, CA

#25 Dec 9, 2011
Another name wrote:
<quoted text> schmuck I make more cashback a year from skymiles than your salary ;-) what about some cold fact numbers - Graduate and postgraduate student immigrants are essential to creating new, well-paid jobs in our economy. Of the 35 young innovators recognized this year by Technology Review magazine for their exceptional new ideas, only six went to high school in the United States. From MIT alone, foreign graduates have founded an estimated 2,340 active U.S. companies that employ over 100,000 people.
Amazingly, if as incoming students they had told U.S. immigration authorities that they hoped to stay on as entrepreneurs after graduation, they would have been turned back at the border. Our immigration laws specifically require that students return to their home countries after earning their degrees and then apply for a visa if they want to return and work in the U.S. It would be hard to invent a policy more counterproductive to our national interest.
P.S., Schmuck, in addition to other trips around the world, I've been to New Zealand 6 times in business class on Sky Miles so you're up your azz, as usual.
DAVID63

Since: Nov 11

Seattle, WA

#26 Dec 9, 2011
Deport all of the illegals,and the unemployment rate will dramatically drop,as well as crime rates.The deficit will improve,because billions will be saved from lower social service cuts,more billions saved from education savings,and more billions from less crowded prisons,jails,and courts.
Je Lai Baisee

AOL

#27 Dec 9, 2011
DAVID63 wrote:
Deport all of the illegals,and the unemployment rate will dramatically drop,as well as crime rates.The deficit will improve,because billions will be saved from lower social service cuts,more billions saved from education savings,and more billions from less crowded prisons,jails,and courts.
10 million illegal alien (mostly uneducated) and there are 16 million unemployed (or underemployed) in the US (many from the financial sector and manufacturing sector).

Do you, excrement resevoir, see the disconnect?

The people taking your white collard jobs are the Canadian, Indian and Chinese (and some European).

The people taking your blue collard jobs are in Asia because those jobs moved to Asia.

Unless you want to clean horses and cows, clean the as*hole from an ederly, or clip the wings from chickens or remove the guts from hogs or pick up tomatoes and sleep in the farm or relocate to the south, THEN SHUT UP, PUT UP OR BEND OVER!!! CAPISCE?

You have the golden chance to go fraking in Wyoming where the blue collard jobs are looking for Natural gas or gold in Alaska or Seafood in Alaska. So go do it and stop bit*hing and farting blood in this thread with your stupid logic! Pure BRUTE!
HE CAME HE FAILED HES OUT

Anchorage, AK

#28 Dec 14, 2011
OWS ignores these FACTS of Illegals and tries to BLAME Whitie!!!
ima

El Paso, TX

#29 Dec 14, 2011
racer42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you're delusional as well. You have no idea how much I earn in a year or how much my investments are worth. I have no problems with LEGAL immigrants getting tuition assistance from taxpayer dollars. I've got a big beef, however, when taxpayer dollars go to support those in the country ILLEGALLY to the exclusion of US citizens.
I agree with you.
Immigrants R US

Birmingham, AL

#30 Dec 14, 2011
Wa. apple farmers are so desperate for pickers, one grower hired inmates from a minimum-security state prison at $22 an hour to help with the harvest.
The dilemma demonstrates just how messed up this nation’s immigration policies are, and how some unemployed people would rather sit on their backsides than put in a day’s work at grueling manual labor.
Gov. Chris Gregoire drew the public spotlight to the farm labor shortage issue.
The Grant County grower paid the state Department of Corrections $22 an hour for each inmate, but most of that money went toward the costs for correction officers to keep tabs on the laborers, and for their food, transportation, housing and other costs.
The reason for the labor shortage is obvious.
Officials estimate that three-quarters of the workers in Washington state are illegal immigrants. And they say that many would-be workers are staying away because they fear they’ll be detained and deported. It’s a problem that is not unique to Washington state and one crying out for a federal solution.
The fact is, immigration reform has been on the agenda in Congress for years, but sharp divisions over amnesty for illegal immigrants and other issues have resulted in – surprise – a legislative logjam.
It’s imperative that Congress take up this issue and adopt a reasonable immigration policy. It’s a key to an economic rebound.
Meanwhile, Gregoire said,“Let’s be honest with each other. If Congress doesn’t act, we’re going to have to go to some sort of extraordinary solutions.”
Using inmates as laborers is not a new concept. In Colorado, prisoners have been used for fish farming. Maryland prisoners have helped make flags. In Georgia, prisoners have helped clean foreclosed houses. And in New York, prisoners have helped pick up the garbage.
But let’s not kid ourselves, picking apples is hard, hard work.
A 42-year-old out-of-work home remodeling employee from Seattle told the Seattle Times he pawned his tools and guitar to get to Eastern Washington to join in the harvest. It was, he said,“the hardest work I’ve ever done.”
The Times said,“A popular story they hear in response is about the ‘two crazy Canadians’ who drove to Brewster, Okanogan County, not far from the Canadian border, looking for field work. They picked three bins the first day ... one bin the second and said,‘we’re outta here!’ after that.”
The hard work might explain why we don’t see more state residents on unemployment taking advantage of the picker shortage. One orchardist told the Seattle Times that of the 149 people referred to him earlier in the season by the state’s unemployment office, half showed up on the first day, a quarter on the second day. But after weeks of picking, only five of the original 149 referrals were still up the ladders picking the apples.
But let’s face it, employing prisoners to harvest Washington crops is not a good solution to a long-term problem.
A comprehensive, balanced immigration policy at the national level that focuses on national security, human rights and the pivotal role immigrants play in agriculture and other industries is the proper solution.
As Dan Newhouse, director of the state Department of Agriculture, told the Times,“We need to find a way to allow workers from Mexico to come and go legally. We’ve got too much riding on this.”
http://theolympian.com/2011/11/03/1863797/gre...
Va te faire foutre

AOL

#31 Dec 14, 2011
ima wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with you.
There are fracking jobs in South Dakota!

There are gold mining jobs in Alaska!

There are King Crabs fishing jobs in the Pacific ocean!

GO get them and stop complaining! DO AS YOU TALK! B*TCH!
Immigrants R US

Birmingham, AL

#32 Dec 14, 2011
racer42 wrote:
<quoted text>
P.S., Schmuck, in addition to other trips around the world, I've been to New Zealand 6 times in business class on Sky Miles so you're up your azz, as usual.
yes you are a schmuck , I am traveling to Europe amost each month ? Huh ? Shmuck as usual
Immigrants R US

Birmingham, AL

#33 Dec 14, 2011
Almost not amost
racer42

Hayward, CA

#34 Dec 14, 2011
Va te faire foutre wrote:
<quoted text>
There are fracking jobs in South Dakota!
There are gold mining jobs in Alaska!
There are King Crabs fishing jobs in the Pacific ocean!
GO get them and stop complaining! DO AS YOU TALK! B*TCH!
Let the hard working, oh so honest, wonderful illegals work them. I don't see any of them doing that kind of work.
racer42

Hayward, CA

#35 Dec 14, 2011
Immigrants R US wrote:
<quoted text> yes you are a schmuck , I am traveling to Europe amost each month ? Huh ? Shmuck as usual
Sorry, fool, backstroking to England doesn't count.

The majority of my trips were to Mexico, Central and South America and Caribbean. Did one trip to Moscow, Russia. My dad was stationed in Germany so we traveled all over Europe.

What do you travel to Europe for each month. Do they have conventions for pimps there every month?

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#37 Dec 15, 2011
Je Lai Baisee wrote:
<quoted text>
10 million illegal alien (mostly uneducated) and there are 16 million unemployed (or underemployed) in the US (many from the financial sector and manufacturing sector).
Do you, excrement resevoir, see the disconnect?
The people taking your white collard jobs are the Canadian, Indian and Chinese (and some European).
The people taking your blue collard jobs are in Asia because those jobs moved to Asia.
Unless you want to clean horses and cows, clean the as*hole from an ederly, or clip the wings from chickens or remove the guts from hogs or pick up tomatoes and sleep in the farm or relocate to the south, THEN SHUT UP, PUT UP OR BEND OVER!!! CAPISCE?
You have the golden chance to go fraking in Wyoming where the blue collard jobs are looking for Natural gas or gold in Alaska or Seafood in Alaska. So go do it and stop bit*hing and farting blood in this thread with your stupid logic! Pure BRUTE!
They estimate only about 7,000 illegals are working. We have enough lazy citizens who are welfare queens and kings. We need welfare reform, not immigration reform. Let those on welfare get a job. If they can't find one, they can choose from a list of jobs previously held by illegal aliens in order to help defray the cost of the taxpayer benefits they receive. If they don't want those jobs, there benefits stop immediately.

We have NO need for illegal aliens.

Another option is to use minimum security prisoners to do some of those jobs to help offset the cost of having them in prison. Why should taxpayers have to foot the bill when they are quite capable of working? Let them do some of these jobs.

Problem solved.
Immigrants R US

Birmingham, AL

#38 Dec 15, 2011
It's not displacement but it's called competition ! And you should not be afraid or against it ! And it's also with the legal immigrants too :

"We have a shortage of STEM graduates with advanced degrees here in the United States, which hinders American job creators' ability to grow their businesses and hire additional employees," said the Arizona Republican, in a statement Thursday.
"Many highly skilled immigrants study in the U.S. but are forced to return home after graduation, where they work to strengthen their home nation's economy to compete against ours. I am working on legislation that will change the system so that we can keep the best and the brightest, which will strengthen our economy and create jobs here in America," Griffin added.
Other partnership members include the CEOs of Microsoft, AOL, eBay, Xerox, and Compuware, as well as tech and sports entrepreneur Mark Cuban. Microsoft officials have previously said that the company has about 10,000 open positions it can't fill due to a lack of qualified workers.
The study also found that for every 100 H-1B workers introduced into the economy, an additional 183 jobs are created for U.S. natives. It also said that the average, foreign-born adult with an advanced degree pays more than $22,500 in taxes, while receiving about $2,300 in benefits.
http://mobile.informationweek.com/80256/show/...
racer42

Hayward, CA

#39 Dec 15, 2011
Immigrants R US wrote:
It's not displacement but it's called competition ! And you should not be afraid or against it ! And it's also with the legal immigrants too :
"We have a shortage of STEM graduates with advanced degrees here in the United States, which hinders American job creators' ability to grow their businesses and hire additional employees," said the Arizona Republican, in a statement Thursday.
"Many highly skilled immigrants study in the U.S. but are forced to return home after graduation, where they work to strengthen their home nation's economy to compete against ours. I am working on legislation that will change the system so that we can keep the best and the brightest, which will strengthen our economy and create jobs here in America," Griffin added.
Other partnership members include the CEOs of Microsoft, AOL, eBay, Xerox, and Compuware, as well as tech and sports entrepreneur Mark Cuban. Microsoft officials have previously said that the company has about 10,000 open positions it can't fill due to a lack of qualified workers.
The study also found that for every 100 H-1B workers introduced into the economy, an additional 183 jobs are created for U.S. natives. It also said that the average, foreign-born adult with an advanced degree pays more than $22,500 in taxes, while receiving about $2,300 in benefits.
http://mobile.informationweek.com/80256/show/...
It's called competition if the foreigners are here legalls and if the US company that hires them can prove that they can't find qualified US citizens to fill the postion at a competitive salary.
Immigrants R US

Birmingham, AL

#40 Dec 15, 2011
racer42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called competition if the foreigners are here legalls and if the US company that hires them can prove that they can't find qualified US citizens to fill the postion at a competitive salary.
haha you get caught - yes you are afraid of competition and you are supporting almost impossible to work with immigration laws to keep the competition out ? Don't you ? Why you think these vizas laws was created ? At the same time green card lottery is being played just as lottery ?
racer42

Hayward, CA

#41 Dec 15, 2011
Immigrants R US wrote:
<quoted text> haha you get caught - yes you are afraid of competition and you are supporting almost impossible to work with immigration laws to keep the competition out ? Don't you ? Why you think these vizas laws was created ? At the same time green card lottery is being played just as lottery ?
Bullshyte, you are incredibly clueless. Any jobs that are available in this country should and must be filled by QUALIFIED United States citizens first. If, and only if, a FULLY QUALIFIED US citizen cannot be found, then the company should be allowed to hire someone from outside the US. Companies that hire lesser qualified foreigners solely because they're will to work for less money should be prosecuted. Just try to go to work in a country other than the one you're from and other than the US and see what happens. MORON!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#42 Dec 15, 2011
the giving away of the country. seems there has been some dirtier deals done than just the nafta,the proof is right here in this thread,the feds are doing nothing,we have been sold out and soon we will have no borders unless we get a real American in all offices.

don't know if obama brought the fighter back for votes or to use against us when all see what has been done.
Va te faire foutre

AOL

#43 Dec 15, 2011
Rebel wrote:
<quoted text>
They estimate only about 7,000 illegals are working. We have enough lazy citizens who are welfare queens and kings. We need welfare reform, not immigration reform. Let those on welfare get a job. If they can't find one, they can choose from a list of jobs previously held by illegal aliens in order to help defray the cost of the taxpayer benefits they receive. If they don't want those jobs, there benefits stop immediately.
We have NO need for illegal aliens.
Another option is to use minimum security prisoners to do some of those jobs to help offset the cost of having them in prison. Why should taxpayers have to foot the bill when they are quite capable of working? Let them do some of these jobs.
Problem solved.
Who told you that 7,000 out of 10 million are working? Are you defecating again? Not one will believe your numbers!

For your information, there are industries with very thin margins where the only way they can stay ahead of inflation and competition is to lower cost. That is lower salaries! Jobs that requires 14 hours of work, using the hands and feet, and exposure to unsafe conditions and harsh chemicals or biological hazards!

The private sector has already spoken and they are telling you that they have to hire millions of illegal because fungus like you demand office jobs with desk, bonuses, pensions and health care benefits! And all you do is blame, complain, and point fingers on those who can defend themselves so that you can feel good!

Deporting 10 million will not help employ the 14 million unemployed! In fact, expect slow down!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steve King Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hispanic Evangelicals Threaten To Abandon Repub... (May '15) 17 hr Tony Perkins Faith 66
News Politicians, Community Leaders Denounce Rep. Pe... May 15 SeanOsorioLee 1
News On third endorsement, Cain backs Romney (May '12) May 11 Rigby 33
News New Iowa poll: Cruz overtakes Trump Apr '16 private guy 54
News Bachmann Demands Congress Slice $105 Billion Fr... (Mar '11) Apr '16 Marcus Welby 3
News Ben Carson Warns Gay Couples Against Pushing Ba... (Jan '15) Apr '16 Lockerbie kids 74
News Trump strong with Dems in 'open' races, while C... Mar '16 Bone Closet 16
More from around the web