Conservative Romney Alternatives Vie ...

Conservative Romney Alternatives Vie For Iowa Edge

There are 22 comments on the OfficialWire story from Oct 22, 2011, titled Conservative Romney Alternatives Vie For Iowa Edge. In it, OfficialWire reports that:

Evangelical activists are Iowa's most potent Republican voting bloc and the fight for their support is in full swing among the presidential candidates competing to emerge as a more conservative alternative to early front-runner Mitt Romney.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at OfficialWire.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Truth Out

Winter Garden, FL

#1 Oct 22, 2011
Herman Cain is the Conservative I'm watching. While Romney is a much better alternative than Obama, I don't see him repealing Obamacare. NE Republicans aren't likely to break the mold and start balancing budgets. Christy might have but he's not running.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#2 Oct 22, 2011
Truth Out wrote:
Herman Cain is the Conservative I'm watching. While Romney is a much better alternative than Obama, I don't see him repealing Obamacare. NE Republicans aren't likely to break the mold and start balancing budgets. Christy might have but he's not running.
He has promised to several times, we are not like liberals and let the lies begin the first day in office.
Sheik Yerbouti

Warrington, PA

#3 Oct 22, 2011
pandering to ignorant fundietards has cost the gop big time in the past. normal Americans do not like theocrats!
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#4 Oct 22, 2011
The race is on for these Republican contendahs to
see which of them can kiss the most tea-party a$$ in the shortest time. My money is on Rick Perry. He impresses me as a highly experienced a$$ kisser.

Huntsman is sitting this one out. Which makes him the most attractive nomination seeker in the pack.
I like him. He's the sane one.
Ron Paul Supporter

Paso Robles, CA

#5 Oct 22, 2011
Middle Class Taxpayers want members of the United States Congress to:

- prevent ANY future raising of the debt ceiling;

- fully defund and repeal "Obamacare";

- freeze all new federal spending;

- halt federal raids on the Social Security Trust Fund;

- ban earmarks;

- outlaw federal bailouts of corporations;

- return unspent "stimulus funds" to the taxpayers;

- make ALL of the Tax Cuts permanent;

- abolish the "Death Tax";

- utilize our own natural resources for our energy needs;

- fully secure our borders; and

- respect the original meaning and intent of the Founders

---

And...THAT is just to start with!

Ron Paul will put this country back to work!
Truth Out

Winter Garden, FL

#6 Oct 22, 2011
Ron Paul Supporter wrote:
Middle Class Taxpayers want members of the United States Congress to:
- prevent ANY future raising of the debt ceiling;
- fully defund and repeal "Obamacare";
- freeze all new federal spending;
- halt federal raids on the Social Security Trust Fund;
- ban earmarks;
- outlaw federal bailouts of corporations;
- return unspent "stimulus funds" to the taxpayers;
- make ALL of the Tax Cuts permanent;
- abolish the "Death Tax";
- utilize our own natural resources for our energy needs;
- fully secure our borders; and
- respect the original meaning and intent of the Founders
---
And...THAT is just to start with!
Ron Paul will put this country back to work!
Right On!
I just don't see RP winning the nomination.
Truth Out

Winter Garden, FL

#7 Oct 22, 2011
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>He has promised to several times, we are not like liberals and let the lies begin the first day in office.
I'm not sold on Romney but would vote for him over Obama any day. I'd vote for Cain without any qualms at this point.

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#8 Oct 22, 2011
Silly teabaggers!

Herman Cain is the flavor of the month. In November he'll be leftover turkey. How seasonal! LOL!!

The Republican nominee will be Mitt Romney. You teabaggers will like it!
Truth Out

Winter Garden, FL

#9 Oct 22, 2011
PooPoo Platter wrote:
Silly teabaggers!
Herman Cain is the flavor of the month. In November he'll be leftover turkey. How seasonal! LOL!!
The Republican nominee will be Mitt Romney. You teabaggers will like it!
Didn't you say scott brown had no shot either? People have seen enough. Obama's goose is cooked and it's flavorful. LOL!!

Wartime V

“Hang 'em High”

Since: Sep 11

Commie Fake, Phony, & Fraud

#10 Oct 22, 2011
Gary wrote:
The race is on...
Race?

It will be.

Right after your uber-corrupt subversive kenyan commie fake phony and fraud is deported back to his kenyan homeland....

Where his tribal cannibal pot brothas will be chasing his sorry subversive ass down for their next cannibal pot extravaganza.

You want fries with that?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#11 Oct 22, 2011
As yet, there are no other conservatives on the ticket besides Romney.

Well, there's Huntsman, but he's sane and normal so 7/8ths of Wmericans have no idea who he is....
Storm Warning

Pepin, WI

#12 Oct 22, 2011
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
pandering to ignorant fundietards has cost the gop big time in the past. normal Americans do not like theocrats!
most democrats don't have a problem with the mullah in the White House
Storm Warning

Pepin, WI

#13 Oct 22, 2011
Mitt can you tell biff what problems White America is having with the groids ?

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#14 Oct 23, 2011
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
pandering to ignorant fundietards has cost the gop big time in the past. normal Americans do not like theocrats!
What they really don't like are commiecrates......

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#15 Oct 23, 2011
Truth Out wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sold on Romney but would vote for him over Obama any day. I'd vote for Cain without any qualms at this point.
Yep, anybody but Obommy the Commie.
Sheik Yerbouti

Warrington, PA

#16 Oct 23, 2011
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>What they really don't like are commiecrates......
Obviously you need a remedial course in political science! obama is center right!
confused Republican

Brooksville, FL

#17 Oct 23, 2011
As a staunch supporter for Willard Romney, I decided to put a cardboard cutout of him waving in the back seat of my car.
I'm amazed at how many people wave back but I'm also surprised at the amount of people that moon him or flip him a bird.
What's going on ?
Who to vote for

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Oct 23, 2011
Obama is a Republican and getting more right wing by the day.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#19 Oct 23, 2011
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you need a remedial course in political science! obama is center right!
Sure, you just keep saying that. 731 new republicans say you are a typical liberal liar.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#20 Oct 23, 2011
Who to vote for wrote:
Obama is a Republican and getting more right wing by the day.
NEW LIBYA TO INTRODUCE 'RADICAL ISLAMIC LAW', GOOD JOB ODOODLE.

Islamist party poised to win Tunisian vote...

Obama praises election...WHEN IN DOUBT, I WILL STAND WITH THE MUSLIMS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steve King Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Arm Our Kids Now 35 min Just saying 25
News Ben Carson Warns Gay Couples Against Pushing Ba... (Jan '15) Feb 6 Wondering 103
News Democratic Challeger Threatened With Noose Jan '18 snow on the way f... 1
News Trump Commutes Sentence Of Man Who Employed Hun... Dec '17 tronic 1
News President Trump commutes sentence of former Pos... Dec '17 Jim Crowley 1
News Steve King promotes tax reform amendment that w... Nov '17 spud 2
News Hispanic Evangelicals Threaten To Abandon Repub... (May '15) Nov '17 swedenforever 85
More from around the web