Little Progress Made on Immigration Deal

Little Progress Made on Immigration Deal

There are 14 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from May 24, 2006, titled Little Progress Made on Immigration Deal. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

WASHINGTON - As the Senate headed for a final vote on immigration policy today, the rift between the administration and House Republicans on the issue seemingly deepened Wednesday as GOP lawmakers rebuffed ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

David

Brenham, TX

#1 May 25, 2006
Replacing profits from manufacturing by lowering labor cost with illegal immigrants will not increase our graduate engineers needed to combat China and India. Even now a good commercial international bank letter of credit department is not readily found in the USA. Why are we allowing so much of our capabilities to leave, allow the entry of uneducated immigrants, send more welfare to other countries from borrowing money forcing us to be a third world country? If Mexico needs us so much then let them vote to be part of the USA. Getting rid of facturas, pay the police proper so not to steel and privatizing Pemex will turn them around in no time.
Ezeddie

United States

#2 May 25, 2006
Why do you think the Mexicans doesn't do a thing to stop the illegals? I believe their economy is depend upon the money these people send home.
Sparky

Worcester, MA

#3 May 25, 2006
Ezeddie wrote:
Why do you think the Mexicans doesn't do a thing to stop the illegals? I believe their economy is depend upon the money these people send home.
No, the profits from all the ILLEGAL DRUG TRAFFICING is what keeps some of Mexico's economy churning and NAFTA has kept them afloat for a while and thier oil profits keep them happy as well, but individuals sending money home doesn't do much for their economy. Mexico doesn't care about our ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION problem , they only care about their ILLEGAL DRUGS getting to market.
Jimanbeer

Parker, CO

#5 May 25, 2006
What gives Vincent Fox the right to come to our country and push us to immigration reform. If he'd build his own economy instead of stealing all the money the people of Mexico would be better off. Then they wouldn't have to come to our country just to make a living. This just shows me what a puppet Bush is to Fox.
mcgyver

Davis, CA

#6 May 25, 2006
I think I know how to fix this whole immigration thing.

You know the signs on the highways near the border showing a family running across the road ?

Just have Caltrans turn them around,,,,
AntiBushConserva tive

United States

#7 May 25, 2006
Shouldn't it be downright simple for congress to get this one right? The last I "heard" was that 86% of we constituents want NO AMNESTY, we want ENGLISH AS OUR NATIONAL LANGUAGE, and that the illegals should be sent packing back to Mexico (hey, that is where most of them are from). The Senate and House are in Washington to represent us. It's time they did that instead of running around trying to cover their collective ass*es because of Jefferson getting caught. While they are at it, they should LEGALIZE HISPANIC PROFILING!!
Retired2005

Bolton, Canada

#8 May 25, 2006
I've read on other forums that illegals are sending nearly $10 Billion a year back to Mexico. I think that is a signifant addition to any economy. Average that out over 12 million illegals, it is less than $1000 a year... a figure not out of the question, and a serious drain on our economy.

That is just about what the state of California spends on social services for illegals, all at taxpayer's expense.
Earle Robitaille

Honolulu, HI

#9 May 25, 2006
The old adage, "follow the money" holds true here as it always has with illegal enterprise.

The major agriculture and farming conglomerates, along with The US Chamber of Commerce, the construction industry, fast food operators and many other US business operations have paid off the politicians to allow this massive invasion of the US from south of the border.

As long as the American Public continues to support the two major political parties & the criminals who they support for elected office, nothing will change.

Any sovereignty the United States once had has disappeared. Our borders are non-existent at the behest of US business interests who want cheap labor in order to boost their profits. They hand over money to keep the political status quo and the criminals in Congress oblige them by selling out the entire nation to retain their privileged status and stay in office.

There is little or nothing the average citizen can do. The same forces who support the transition of the US to another third word nation controls the press & media. They have 10's of millions of dollars to buy space & medias time to sway the voting public. All the information available to the American populace is filtered in favor of the political elite they support.

The only real chance the American Public has available to them is to send a strong message to those presently in power. Let them know you won't take it any more. How? Here's how..........

In the upcoming elections do this:
Do not vote for any member of the two major political parties.
Do not vote for any incumbent.
Do not vote for any political retread (running for one political office from another or when termed out)We need citizen legislators, as our founding fathers intended, not professional politicians who remain in office for life.
You have nothing to lose but your country!
AntiBushConserva tive

United States

#10 May 25, 2006
Earle Robitaille wrote:
The old adage, "follow the money" holds true here as it always has with illegal enterprise..........
Let them know you won't take it any more. How? Here's how..........
In the upcoming elections do this:
Do not vote for any member of the two major political parties.
Do not vote for any incumbent.
Do not vote for any political retread (running for one political office from another or when termed out)We need citizen legislators, as our founding fathers intended, not professional politicians who remain in office for life.
You have nothing to lose but your country!
Looking back at Minnesota electing Jesse "The Body" Ventura as governor, I guess anything might be possible. But our country will probably have to be like the drunk/dope addict and hit rock bottom before we start a real healing process. Your 3-step process is a start.
Ezeddie

United States

#11 May 26, 2006
Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the profits from all the ILLEGAL DRUG TRAFFICING is what keeps some of Mexico's economy churning and NAFTA has kept them afloat for a while and thier oil profits keep them happy as well, but individuals sending money home doesn't do much for their economy. Mexico doesn't care about our ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION problem , they only care about their ILLEGAL DRUGS getting to market.
I agree with you to some degree. But I still have to ask, why do you think they are not stopping the illegals from crossing the border. I agree, there are drugs coming across with them, and Nafta has improved their economy, but they still come, so somehow I don't think it is having an affect.
Overly offended

Monroe, NC

#12 May 26, 2006
The Senate bill will allow these folks to pay "in-state" tuition at colleges of their choice! As a parent that just told his child she couldn't go to an out-of-state college because we couldn't afford the extra expense, I'M PISSED! Dept of Homeland Obscurity will also be required to take the immigrant's word for how long they've been in the US when determining their new status! But, I still don't think the Senate went far enough. They should've included in the law that every LEGAL US family MUST adopt an illegal alien. The adopting family should also be required to provide braces, swim lessons (or soccer), a college education, and an SUV for their newly adopted family member.
Dan Collins

United States

#13 Nov 20, 2011
Look where peoples mind was ?
Read this, TEST , Where is your thinging NOW ?
Consider, What is President NOW !!
H Gribble

Washington, DC

#14 Nov 20, 2011
Dan Collins wrote:
Look where peoples mind was ?
Read this, TEST , Where is your thinging NOW ?
Consider, What is President NOW !!
Holy shit!!! I never would have known.
Libert is Freedom

United States

#15 Nov 20, 2011
H Gribble wrote:
<quoted text>Holy shit!!! I never would have known.
Next time you wrap your lips around OBAMA's ainal orfis, BLOW rather than suck.

Your pay check will arive sooner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steve King Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump's comments on immigration complica... 10 hr Cat74 7
News Cesar Vargas, illegal immigrant 'Dreamer', sees... Jun 19 tomin cali 6
News Iowa probation blocks immigrant's historic law ... Jun 18 wild child 1
News Iowa probation blocks immigrant's historic law ... Jun 18 wild child 1
News Paul Ryan's Step-by-Step Future Starts With Trade Jun 14 Just Saying 7
News House GOP members for immigration reform persevere Jun 11 wild child 3
News House to consider defunding Justice Department'... Jun 4 sandy1 20
More from around the web