Sound off

Sound off

There are 15 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Aug 1, 2011, titled Sound off. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Kudos to Bridgette Moorhead of Las Cruces for suggesting a memorial be set up for Adam Espinoza's tragic death at the Anthony reststop.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

“Phooey on Politicians”

Since: Jan 11

Politicians are full of BS!!

#1 Aug 1, 2011
Sound Off wrote:
Don't know where this person is coming from regarding Obama's spending and Bush's spending, but I got this information from a reliable source. Under Bush's policies $5.7 trillion was spent and under Obama's policies $1.44 trillion has been spent.
Can I ask who is your "reliable source"?

“Your DQCC Limit is Maxed!”

Since: Sep 08

In Utero (originally)

#2 Aug 1, 2011
I see now the roboblogger is posting Sound Off on the Immigration Reform Forums straight from LCSN. How absolutely ironic that there is no consistency on keeping it on the LC Forums. (sigh)
LC Oracle Comment

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Aug 1, 2011
Michael L. Hays · Top Commenter · Cornell University
What EXACTLY did the Dems do that was (1) dogmatic,(2) coercive, and (3) anti-democratic to pass health care legislation? Tea Party big talk without support. When I make the claim about the Tea Party, I back it up, and you cannot rebut it, so you change the topic with trash talk.

“ keep the loonies on the path.”

Since: Aug 10

Detroit

#4 Aug 1, 2011
Sarcastic Bombastic wrote:
I see now the roboblogger is posting Sound Off on the Immigration Reform Forums straight from LCSN. How absolutely ironic that there is no consistency on keeping it on the LC Forums.(sigh)
++++++++++
There are times when I wonder just who is running the asylum.

“Your DQCC Limit is Maxed!”

Since: Sep 08

In Utero (originally)

#5 Aug 1, 2011
u know im right wrote:
<quoted text>
++++++++++
There are times when I wonder just who is running the asylum.
Hi You! True, so very true. Since I gave up the role as the Topix Circus Ring Leader, the circus monkeys are now running the joint. ;-)

Oh well, at least now it's on the forums I post on these days. Good to see you. PS: I've enjoyed the photos. Did you ever see the ones I had up from the Air Show. I've taken them down since.

I'll read the Sound Off later today & will probably make a few comments. L8r. ;-)

“Your DQCC Limit is Maxed!”

Since: Sep 08

In Utero (originally)

#6 Aug 1, 2011
LC Oracle Comment wrote:
Michael L. Hays · Top Commenter · Cornell University
What EXACTLY did the Dems do that was (1) dogmatic,(2) coercive, and (3) anti-democratic to pass health care legislation? Tea Party big talk without support. When I make the claim about the Tea Party, I back it up, and you cannot rebut it, so you change the topic with trash talk.
Hey! So very typical of the LC Oracle. I'm surprised that you're still reading his screed and the accompanying Facebook comments. Have you noticed some of those in disagreement with him have there's go MIA? What a joke, and he supposedly advocates for free speech. I guess it's only if it agrees with his.

Thanks for the chuckles.

“Your DQCC Limit is Maxed!”

Since: Sep 08

In Utero (originally)

#7 Aug 1, 2011
To those of you with accounts, you should access the Sound Off through the link I gave the other day to Roy.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration

You might as well earn some points until they put the game on all forums, which should be soon. ;-)

I'll even give you props right now, worth 10 pts.

“Phooey on Politicians”

Since: Jan 11

Politicians are full of BS!!

#8 Aug 1, 2011
Sarcastic Bombastic wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! So very typical of the LC Oracle. I'm surprised that you're still reading his screed and the accompanying Facebook comments. Have you noticed some of those in disagreement with him have there's go MIA? What a joke, and he supposedly advocates for free speech. I guess it's only if it agrees with his.
Thanks for the chuckles.
My granddaughter created a Facebook account for me on Friday using the "Migraine_King" moniker. I posted a comment or two to Dr. Hays and when I "logged out" of Facebook, the comments disappeared. No great loss there, but it was interesting.

“ keep the loonies on the path.”

Since: Aug 10

Detroit

#9 Aug 1, 2011
Big brother IS watching.

“Your DQCC Limit is Maxed!”

Since: Sep 08

In Utero (originally)

#11 Aug 2, 2011
Migraine_King wrote:
<quoted text>
My granddaughter created a Facebook account for me on Friday using the "Migraine_King" moniker. I posted a comment or two to Dr. Hays and when I "logged out" of Facebook, the comments disappeared. No great loss there, but it was interesting.
Hi MK, sorry for the delay responding. I thought I'd have time to come on yesterday afternoon, but nope. ;-)

You know, it doesn't surprise me one bit about your comments going MIA. I think your comments are viewed much like mine in that we're both worthy of giving praise for a great column, but we're also honest enough to call the BS for what it is; hence, we're viewed unfavorably by the LC Oracle no matter what. ;-) We're tainted goods as a result, in his eyes. LOL. Welcome to my world. Enjoy your day!

“Your DQCC Limit is Maxed!”

Since: Sep 08

In Utero (originally)

#12 Aug 2, 2011
u know im right wrote:
Big brother IS watching.
I've got news for you, buddy, it's already occurring and no stinking game need be involved...just signing in to Topix, Facebook, and any other social networking site. Hell, you don't even need to sign in. If someone becomes a person of interest...whattayagonnadoabou tit? ;-)

“Your DQCC Limit is Maxed!”

Since: Sep 08

In Utero (originally)

#13 Aug 2, 2011
Sound Off Caller wrote:
Illegal immigrants qualify for lottery scholarships but homeschool-taught do not. What is wrong with this picture and New Mexico lawmakers?
The sad thing is that this is an outrage occurring across the US. Illegals shouldn't be receiving any sort of perks, preferential treatment, freebies, or anything else other than their arses deported. They're ILLEGALLY here for crying out loud, but it appears there are many legislators at the state and federal levels that have taken leave of their senses. It's a crying shame; yet, the illegals are saying cha-ching.

“Your DQCC Limit is Maxed!”

Since: Sep 08

In Utero (originally)

#14 Aug 2, 2011
Hey Migraine King,

Just so you know, on one of the last Hays forums that you posted, where EMR's supposed daughter came on to tell us he was hospitalized...I pegged you back then. Thanks for joining us on the Immigration Reform Forums as MK because you just confirmed I was right. ;-) Aren't you the Kat's meow. ;-)

You got your answer Placitas Roy!

“Phooey on Politicians”

Since: Jan 11

Politicians are full of BS!!

#15 Aug 2, 2011
Sarcastic Bombastic wrote:
Hey Migraine King,
Just so you know, on one of the last Hays forums that you posted, where EMR's supposed daughter came on to tell us he was hospitalized...I pegged you back then. Thanks for joining us on the Immigration Reform Forums as MK because you just confirmed I was right. ;-) Aren't you the Kat's meow. ;-)
You got your answer Placitas Roy!
I spent 2 weeks in the hospital during June. So much no fun.

“Phooey on Politicians”

Since: Jan 11

Politicians are full of BS!!

#16 Aug 2, 2011
I just got this in my email and thought other people might like it too.

This should make you smile .. What a cute email ..

A little girl walked to and from school daily. Though the weather that morning was questionable and clouds were forming, she made her daily trek to school. As the afternoon progressed, the winds whipped up, along with lightning.

The mother of the little girl felt concerned that her daughter would be frightened as she walked home from school. She also feared the electrical storm might harm her child. Full of concern, the mother got into her car and quickly drove along the route to her child's school. As she did, she saw her little girl walking along.

At each flash of lightning, the child would stop, look up, and smile. More lightning followed quickly and with each, the little girl would look at the streak of light and smile

When the mother drew up beside the child, she lowered the window and called, "What are you doing?"

The child answered, "I am trying to look pretty because God keeps taking my picture."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stevan Pearce Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roxanne Lara: Pearce shows his true colors (Oct '13) Oct '13 Ojo 9
News NM values clash with House GOP on immigration (Aug '13) Aug '13 ronnie 11
News NM immigrant advocates eye Rep. Pearce's support (Jul '13) Jul '13 Asian Guy 1
News Democrat Endean-Singh targets Congressman Pearce (May '13) May '13 APPLAUSEPLEASE 1
News Their View: Preserving access to our nation's f... (May '12) Aug '12 durablebrad 8
News Their View: Representative Pearce misleading in... (Jul '12) Jul '12 The 1
News Pearce hears debate on Organ Mountains monument... (May '12) May '12 made in ? 1
More from around the web