GOP's health bill begins to take shape

GOP's health bill begins to take shape

There are 21 comments on the DispatchPolitics story from Jan 21, 2011, titled GOP's health bill begins to take shape. In it, DispatchPolitics reports that:

Following up on their largely symbolic vote to repeal the new health-care law, House Republicans moved ahead yesterday with more-targeted efforts to advance their own health-care initiatives, including deregulating health-insurance sales.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at DispatchPolitics.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
seekay99

Ashland, KY

#1 Jan 21, 2011
if they dont support giving all americans insuraance.then they should give theirs up.
Anonymous

Fremont, OH

#2 Jan 21, 2011
insurance company's are a plague on this country.they are the ones leading this country.
Tea Party Tim

Blacklick, OH

#3 Jan 21, 2011
The GOP wants to eliminate requirements for maternity care and cancer screening, and prohibit the Department of Justice from defending the law of the United States in court.

They should probably have this joke of a bill introduced by the venerated Carrot Top, or at least play the Benny Hill theme when they do it.
Voice of Reason

Vincent, OH

#5 Jan 21, 2011
Spoiled brat REpublicans ignored the problem for 100 years and now that they deign to draft a health bill of their own that will be worse for poor people than nothing at all. They don't care how good or bad the health care law is, it's not theirs, so it's no good.
When will they grow up and govern?
Never, I'm afraid.
get real

Warren, OH

#6 Jan 21, 2011
The American people really to wake up! The GOP was in power 16 of the last 26 years. The only prosperity Americans enjoyed were economic "Bubbles" ie: Dishonest, inflated, aristocratic wealth enhancers that cost Americans Millions of jobs and Trillions of dollars in average net worth. Furthermore, where were all the GOP ideas then? I'll tell you where they were, they were in the Bills that Dem's proposed through out those 16 years and were voted "Hell NO! by GOP'ers until they bled every dollar they could and then bailed in 2008 leaving America at the very edge of economic collapse! Now, the GOP magically has all the answers? Wake up America! Before this time they completley destroy us!
howrad

Amelia, OH

#7 Jan 21, 2011
seekay99 wrote:
if they dont support giving all americans insuraance.then they should give theirs up.
The healthcare does not give all Americans health insurance. Millions are not covered with the healthcare bill.
Oregon Is Disgusting

United States

#8 Jan 21, 2011
Let's all follow VERMONT and get single payer with the help of or despite the Federal government.
howrad

Amelia, OH

#9 Jan 21, 2011
Oregon Is Disgusting wrote:
Let's all follow VERMONT and get single payer with the help of or despite the Federal government.
I thought Oregon and Vermont were about the same?
Jim

Hilliard, OH

#10 Jan 21, 2011
The GOP thinks that they wont win in the court battle so they are trying to short circuit it from the back end.
Jim

Hilliard, OH

#11 Jan 21, 2011
howrad wrote:
<quoted text>
The healthcare does not give all Americans health insurance. Millions are not covered with the healthcare bill.
ok Brainiac, how many wont be covered? I say 93% would be covered.
Oregon Is Disgusting

United States

#12 Jan 21, 2011
howrad wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Oregon and Vermont were about the same?
All states should follow Vermont and challenge the federal government to make a single change to Medicare: get rid of the 65 year old provision.
Oregon Is Disgusting

United States

#13 Jan 21, 2011
Jim wrote:
The GOP thinks that they wont win in the court battle so they are trying to short circuit it from the back end.
The Supreme Court is a crap shoot.
howrad

Amelia, OH

#14 Jan 21, 2011
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>ok Brainiac, how many wont be covered? I say 93% would be covered.
Using your numbers of 93%, it would be 21 million would not be covered, but the true number is higher.
howrad

Amelia, OH

#15 Jan 21, 2011
<quoted text>
All states should follow Vermont and challenge the federal government to make a single change to Medicare: get rid of the 65 year old provision.
I do not support a one size fits all approach. It is simply unjust.
Oregon Is Disgusting

United States

#16 Jan 21, 2011
howrad wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not support a one size fits all approach. It is simply unjust.
What?
howrad

Amelia, OH

#17 Jan 21, 2011
<quoted text>
What?
Let say a person breaks into your house, he stabs you and you shoot him, neither are killed, you are both going to the hospital, who should benefit from medical care first?
Get Real

Columbus, OH

#18 Jan 21, 2011
Waste of time. Focus on jobs.
Oregon Is Disgusting

United States

#19 Jan 21, 2011
howrad wrote:
<quoted text>
Let say a person breaks into your house, he stabs you and you shoot him, neither are killed, you are both going to the hospital, who should benefit from medical care first?
The person with the most life threatening injuries. That is called triage.
howrad

Amelia, OH

#20 Jan 21, 2011
<quoted text>
The person with the most life threatening injuries. That is called triage.
Thank you for answering my question in more ways than one.
the truth

Newark, OH

#21 Jan 22, 2011
Kill te dem-O-marxist bill and then redo it the way "we the peole" want it fixed not with the marxist in contol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steny Hoyer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Democrats Announce Bipartisan Agreement on Sanc... 3 hr Payton Place 1
News Congress agrees on Russia sanctions for electio... 4 hr stop fake news 4
News House gives go-ahead for Washington Metro safet... Jul 18 CodeTalker 1
News Democrats introduce new bill on Russia and Iran... Jul 17 Cassandra_ 2
News PHOTOS: Gay Games Bid Rally Jun 30 Rubio s Foam Partays 7
News Gutierrez Hands Out - Do Not Deport Me' Toolkit... (Apr '15) May '17 Rico from East Lo... 15
News What Democrats want in shutdown fight Apr '17 Retribution 9
More from around the web