Upbeat Retreat for House Democrats

Upbeat Retreat for House Democrats

There are 32 comments on the Roll Call story from Jan 24, 2012, titled Upbeat Retreat for House Democrats. In it, Roll Call reports that:

House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer said President Barack Obama should touch on themes of bipartisanship in his State of the Union speech to solve fiscal problems but that he should also drive home the oft-repeated line that high-income earners should pay more in taxes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Roll Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BillyAyres

La Habra, CA

#1 Jan 24, 2012
Here's the deal..Repeal ObamaCare and maybe the House will work with the crypto-marxist to save the USA....

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#2 Jan 24, 2012
Here's the deal, how about do the job we pay you Congress twerps to do, and stop whining over about stuff in the past.

Only repubs can complain about Obama not working with them, after they tell Obama they will not compromise on anything.

Can't have it both ways. Obama tried working with you, you played every trick up your sleeve, took the opposite even when that meant being AGAINST lowering taxes...and you lose.

Obama shouldn't be bowing down to any House or Senate repub that refused to compromise.

Thats why he stated HE WILL BE USING HIS EXECUTIVE PRIVELDGE IF NEEDED. You forced him into doing so.

If you want a voice, meet him the middle.

But Congress won't. Instead they'll give him more meat to use against Congress.

PS...T-baggers are hated by most Americans. Just like the OWS movement, Most Americans are somewhere in the middle.
BillyAyres

La Habra, CA

#3 Jan 24, 2012
OneRyder wrote:
Here's the deal, how about do the job we pay you Congress twerps to do, and stop whining over about stuff in the past.
Only repubs can complain about Obama not working with them, after they tell Obama they will not compromise on anything.
Can't have it both ways. Obama tried working with you, you played every trick up your sleeve, took the opposite even when that meant being AGAINST lowering taxes...and you lose.
Obama shouldn't be bowing down to any House or Senate repub that refused to compromise.
Thats why he stated HE WILL BE USING HIS EXECUTIVE PRIVELDGE IF NEEDED. You forced him into doing so.
If you want a voice, meet him the middle.
But Congress won't. Instead they'll give him more meat to use against Congress.
PS...T-baggers are hated by most Americans. Just like the OWS movement, Most Americans are somewhere in the middle.
Richard Trumpka " We shoved it down their throats" you know whats in middle of the road?..Obamas lunch ..with steam risinn' off it
Rocky T

Long Beach, CA

#4 Jan 24, 2012
Obama really let business people have it tonight. If you own a business you better fire everybody, gather up you family and head for the hills before Obama starts the Revolution. No place for private enterprise of any kind in Obama Land. Success is BAD.
Things are going to get really violent before Obama is through with America.
Nobody can say he didn't give them a heads up.
Atheist Liberal

San Francisco, CA

#5 Jan 24, 2012
America is sick - SICK - and tired of listening to Obozo and the other liberals whinning about rich people not paying enough in taxes.

Obozo and the liberals in Washington are bankrupting America! All of the rich people's money - ALL OF IT - Is not enough to keep Obozo's bloated pig of a government afloat for more than a few months.

He's OUT OF HERE.

Gingrich/Santorum 2012.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#6 Jan 24, 2012
If you "self-deported" yet today??

I bet the repubs loved that bumper sticker phrase coming out of Romney's mouth.

Makes some sense, but its not what repubs/t-baggers want to hear.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#7 Jan 24, 2012
lol. Fear the Black Man t-baggers. His skin color inside he Oval Office is enough to have you scream the sky is falling.

3 years ago, you panicked cause "Obama wants to take your guns away"

Now what does a racist fear most...."a Black Man who they think will take his gun, while the Black Man still has access to his gun"

Now 3 years later, not one bill put forth by this Admin designed to take guns away from any American.

But I still love seeing you idiots jump to any and every panicked thought.
BillyAyres

La Habra, CA

#8 Jan 24, 2012
OneRyder wrote:
If you "self-deported" yet today??
I bet the repubs loved that bumper sticker phrase coming out of Romney's mouth.
Makes some sense, but its not what repubs/t-baggers want to hear.
Sorry Oba-Douche has lost "that Fresh Feeling".....
BillyAyres

La Habra, CA

#9 Jan 24, 2012
OneRyder wrote:
lol. Fear the Black Man t-baggers. His skin color inside he Oval Office is enough to have you scream the sky is falling.
3 years ago, you panicked cause "Obama wants to take your guns away"
Now what does a racist fear most...."a Black Man who they think will take his gun, while the Black Man still has access to his gun"
Now 3 years later, not one bill put forth by this Admin designed to take guns away from any American.
But I still love seeing you idiots jump to any and every panicked thought.
It's not the Hip shuck and Jivester I fear...It's "Big Sis The Bull Dike"

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#10 Jan 25, 2012
Rocky T wrote:
Obama really let business people have it tonight. If you own a business you better fire everybody, gather up you family and head for the hills before Obama starts the Revolution. No place for private enterprise of any kind in Obama Land. Success is BAD.
Things are going to get really violent before Obama is through with America.
Nobody can say he didn't give them a heads up.
WTF speech did you listen to?

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#11 Jan 25, 2012
Atheist Liberal wrote:
America is sick - SICK - and tired of listening to Obozo and the other liberals whinning about rich people not paying enough in taxes.
Obozo and the liberals in Washington are bankrupting America! All of the rich people's money - ALL OF IT - Is not enough to keep Obozo's bloated pig of a government afloat for more than a few months.
He's OUT OF HERE.
Gingrich/Santorum 2012.
You must be one of those rich people who does not pay taxes. Either that or you are just another Republican retard who loves screwing himself while your corporate masters laugh at you.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#12 Jan 25, 2012
OneRyder wrote:
Here's the deal, how about do the job we pay you Congress twerps to do, and stop whining over about stuff in the past.
Only repubs can complain about Obama not working with them, after they tell Obama they will not compromise on anything.
Can't have it both ways. Obama tried working with you, you played every trick up your sleeve, took the opposite even when that meant being AGAINST lowering taxes...and you lose.
Obama shouldn't be bowing down to any House or Senate repub that refused to compromise.
Thats why he stated HE WILL BE USING HIS EXECUTIVE PRIVELDGE IF NEEDED. You forced him into doing so.
If you want a voice, meet him the middle.
But Congress won't. Instead they'll give him more meat to use against Congress.
PS...T-baggers are hated by most Americans. Just like the OWS movement, Most Americans are somewhere in the middle.
Obama Uses Same Lines from 2010, 2011... same o - same o

SPEECH, SPEECH: Obama Warns He Will Fight Obstruction...
But that is all he and Reid have done for three years.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#13 Jan 25, 2012
Obama Uses Same Lines from 2010, 2011... same o - same o

SPEECH, SPEECH: Obama Warns He Will Fight Obstruction...
But that is all he and Reid have done for the last year since America said no to the Obama Agenda in 2010.
Caribou Barbie

Germany

#14 Jan 25, 2012
Notice how no one listened to the Kenyan last night. Biden was in his usual coma and not one word out of his mouth had a tinge of truth to it. BO had his 15 minutes and he managed to increase the debt by mega trillions and push his Marxist police state agenda.
Caribou Barbie

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Jan 25, 2012
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>You must be one of those rich people who does not pay taxes. Either that or you are just another Republican retard who loves screwing himself while your corporate masters laugh at you.
You are so funny and dumb too.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#16 Jan 25, 2012
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>WTF speech did you listen to?
obama's nationally televised campaign speech...
which one did YOU listen too?

“or Fox News”

Since: Jan 08

Vicksburg, MI

#17 Jan 25, 2012
Caribou Barbie wrote:
Notice how no one listened to the Kenyan last night. Biden was in his usual coma and not one word out of his mouth had a tinge of truth to it. BO had his 15 minutes and he managed to increase the debt by mega trillions and push his Marxist police state agenda.
First I find it rather funny that you are using an off shoot of another poster on topix screen name.

Second, that you claim no one listened to President Obama's State of the Union adress and then proceed to tell us the particulars of a speech you claim nobody listened to.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#18 Jan 25, 2012
Hypnotic Phantom wrote:
<quoted text>
First I find it rather funny that you are using an off shoot of another poster on topix screen name.
Second, that you claim no one listened to President Obama's State of the Union adress and then proceed to tell us the particulars of a speech you claim nobody listened to.
Well, since it was on 40 channels, someone had to have heard it, however based on the press, both right and left.......it wasn't his most shinning moment.
Miss Information

Cambridge, MD

#19 Jan 25, 2012
Obama's in Cambridge today

“or Fox News”

Since: Jan 08

Vicksburg, MI

#20 Jan 25, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Well, since it was on 40 channels, someone had to have heard it, however based on the press, both right and left.......it wasn't his most shinning moment.
Le Jimbo, let's face it you wouldn't give him credit for a great speech even if it was the most awe inspiring, emotional, inspirational speech since Lincoln.

It's just not in your nature to accept or like anything President Obama does or says

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steny Hoyer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Democrats Announce Bipartisan Agreement on Sanc... 26 min RushFan666 18
News Lawmakers herald agreement on sweeping Russia s... 22 hr robinrosenblatt 1
News Congress agrees on Russia sanctions for electio... Sat stop fake news 4
News House gives go-ahead for Washington Metro safet... Jul 18 CodeTalker 1
News Democrats introduce new bill on Russia and Iran... Jul 17 Cassandra_ 2
News PHOTOS: Gay Games Bid Rally Jun 30 Rubio s Foam Partays 7
News Gutierrez Hands Out - Do Not Deport Me' Toolkit... (Apr '15) May '17 Rico from East Lo... 15
More from around the web