Democrats pressing Pelosi to step aside

Democrats pressing Pelosi to step aside

There are 47 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Nov 11, 2010, titled Democrats pressing Pelosi to step aside. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

In a fresh sign of turmoil among defeated Democrats, a growing number of the rank and file say they won't support House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in a politically symbolic roll call when the new Congress meets in January.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Arte

Somerville, MA

#1 Nov 11, 2010
"The reality is that she is politically toxic," said Illinois Rep. Mike Quigley, one of several Democrats...

Oh man, this is too funny. The demohacks think their leader is toxic, how histerical. really, do ya think, a wretched old botox hag....

Please, keep her on as the minority leader just think of all the funny things she will say.
slicwily

United States

#2 Nov 11, 2010
Ding dong the witch is dead.....
pelosi sucks

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Nov 11, 2010
hit the road, skeletor !
LOL

Bradenton, FL

#4 Nov 11, 2010
Where is obama now.....

Herr pelosi is on her own.......
Thomas

Westford, MA

#5 Nov 11, 2010
LOL, are the Dems really going to keep her as their leader in the House? Wow!
The Cynic

Lowell, MA

#6 Nov 11, 2010
Run Nancy, Run!!!!

The best thing for the Republicans in 2012 is to have Nancy in power and continue to offer up great ammunition to defeat more Dems.

What gift!!
Mr Goodwrench

Merrimack, NH

#7 Nov 11, 2010
Sounds like the car is still in the ditch, the tires are gone and the driver is lost in the woods.

Some Pelosi Humor.....
A man was washed up on a beach after a terrible shipwreck.

Only a sheep and a sheepdog were washed up with him.

After looking around, he realized that they were stranded on a deserted island.

After being there awhile, he got into the habit of taking his two animal companions to the beach every evening to watch the sunset.

One particular evening, the sky was a fiery red with beautiful cirrus clouds, the breeze was warm and gentle – a perfect night for romance.

As they sat there, the sheep started looking better and better to the lonely man. Soon, he leaned over to the sheep and put his arm around it.

But the sheepdog, ever protective of the sheep, growled fiercely until the man took his arm from around the sheep.

After that, the three of them continued to enjoy the sunsets together, but there was no more cuddling.

A few weeks passed by and, lo and behold, there was another shipwreck.

The only survivor was Nancy Pelosi .

That evening, the man brought Nancy to the evening beach ritual. It was another beautiful evening – red sky, cirrus clouds, a warm and gentle breeze – perfect for a night of romance.

Pretty soon, the man started to get ‘those feelings’ again..

He fought the urges as long as he could but he finally gave in and leaned over to Nancy and told her he hadn’t had sex for months. Nancy batted her eyelashes and asked if there was anything she could do for him.

He said,‘Would you mind taking the dog for a walk?’
zeeman

Boston, MA

#8 Nov 11, 2010
The Cynic wrote:
Run Nancy, Run!!!!
The best thing for the Republicans in 2012 is to have Nancy in power and continue to offer up great ammunition to defeat more Dems.
What gift!!
I all for it..keep the botox in power!
sla

Tewksbury, MA

#9 Nov 11, 2010
Mr Goodwrench wrote:
Sounds like the car is still in the ditch, the tires are gone and the driver is lost in the woods.
Some Pelosi Humor.....
A man was washed up on a beach after a terrible shipwreck.
Only a sheep and a sheepdog were washed up with him.
After looking around, he realized that they were stranded on a deserted island.
After being there awhile, he got into the habit of taking his two animal companions to the beach every evening to watch the sunset.
One particular evening, the sky was a fiery red with beautiful cirrus clouds, the breeze was warm and gentle – a perfect night for romance.
As they sat there, the sheep started looking better and better to the lonely man. Soon, he leaned over to the sheep and put his arm around it.
But the sheepdog, ever protective of the sheep, growled fiercely until the man took his arm from around the sheep.
After that, the three of them continued to enjoy the sunsets together, but there was no more cuddling.
A few weeks passed by and, lo and behold, there was another shipwreck.
The only survivor was Nancy Pelosi .
That evening, the man brought Nancy to the evening beach ritual. It was another beautiful evening – red sky, cirrus clouds, a warm and gentle breeze – perfect for a night of romance.
Pretty soon, the man started to get ‘those feelings’ again..
He fought the urges as long as he could but he finally gave in and leaned over to Nancy and told her he hadn’t had sex for months. Nancy batted her eyelashes and asked if there was anything she could do for him.
He said,‘Would you mind taking the dog for a walk?’
You cant blame the guy for that one, lol.
Mr Goodwrench

Merrimack, NH

#10 Nov 11, 2010
sla wrote:
<quoted text>
You cant blame the guy for that one, lol.
LOL! You can't. But, Obama would find a way to.....

Of course, it would be the previous administration's fault though.
Ninny Tsongas

Tyngsboro, MA

#12 Nov 11, 2010
I am still going to vote exactly as Princess Pelosi tells me to. It worked here where all the Massholes relected me!

“I'm not nuts. Just different”

Since: Mar 08

Cheswold, Delaware.

#13 Nov 11, 2010
Please, please, please keep Nancy in the spotlight!
pelosi sucks

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Nov 11, 2010
house minority leader wouldn't exactly be the spotlight...bobby. she's toast. even democrats don't like her. don't cry, you need a grief counselor?

the spending has to stop and as long as Pelosi has any power it won't. she needs to retire. she's on a power trip and is out of touch with real people. besides that she's ugly.


skeletor go home
Captain Spalding

Bellbrook, OH

#15 Nov 11, 2010
Nancy Pelosi was one of the few Democrats who had the guts to stand up to those right wing nut job Republicans, and now some of those week Democrats want to throw her under the bus.

I wish Democrats would quit letting those scum bag Republicans scare them. It's time for the Democrats to get some back bone and take the fight to you narrow minded, racist, low IQ, slack jawed,@ss wipe, right wingers.

Nancy Pelosi got a lot of good bills passed in the house, and she has done a fine job. I hope she wins, and I hope the Democrats back her up. They need to start defining the Republican party for what they truly are, a bunch of corporate whores.

You clowns who support Republicans should know that they don't give a damn about you, accept to get your vote.

Republicans will work to help good jobs get out sourced to foreign countries because that is what their corporate pimps want them to do, and you idiots who support them are too stupid to realize that it will be YOUR jobs that get sent overseas.

Republicans will not care what you have to say. They will only listen to those who bankrolled their political campaigns this last election.

Get a clue fools, and Democrats please grow a spine and start kicking some right wing butt.
Captain Spalding

Bellbrook, OH

#16 Nov 11, 2010
pelosi sucks wrote:
house minority leader wouldn't exactly be the spotlight...bobby. she's toast. even democrats don't like her. don't cry, you need a grief counselor?
the spending has to stop and as long as Pelosi has any power it won't. she needs to retire. she's on a power trip and is out of touch with real people. besides that she's ugly.
skeletor go home
Listen moron, the spending that has been going on has been necessary due to the serious economical melt down we were about
to experience.

The bail outs that started under President Bush and continued under President Obama were necessary. I even heard President Bush recently say that he had to do it because he did not want this country to go into a depression.

You idiots don't seem to realize that if money had not been loaned to General Motors we would have lost even more jobs, and our automobile industry would have suffered big time. If Wall Street would have collapsed we would have been in a worse situation than we ended up being in.

The Obama administration was not spending money just for the sake of doing so or to grow the government. Steps had to be taken to lessen the impact of the great recession, and I'm glad they were taken.

The elected Republican officials know this, but they are trying to make it seem like President Obama is just spending for the sake of spending because they know you right wing idiots are too stupid to see they are being dishonest and political just so that they can get back into power.

The economy is turning around for the better.
General Motors is paying back the LOAN they got, and they
are making profits now.

I did not hear you morons complaining when the Republicans under
President Bush gave tax cuts (tax giveaways) to the rich without paying for it. I did not hear you morons complaining when the Republicans under President Bush did not put the war under the budget.

You people make me want to puke with your stupidity.
Jim

Dracut, MA

#17 Nov 11, 2010
Retire that ugly poor excuse of a pig with lipstick
Captain Spalding

Bellbrook, OH

#18 Nov 11, 2010
Jim wrote:
Retire that ugly poor excuse of a pig with lipstick
Why don't you clowns discuss the topic more intelligently instead of making stupid insults that some 10 year old would make.

I'm going to assume that you are a right winger.
This is why most intelligent people think right wingers
have an IQ lower than room temperature becuase you don't
know how to have an intellectual discussion.

All you know how to do is repeat the daily talking points
you get from conservative talk radio and Fox "news."

If you are not a right winger you still are dim witted for making
such a useless comment.
Captain Spalding

Bellbrook, OH

#19 Nov 11, 2010
Mr Goodwrench wrote:
Sounds like the car is still in the ditch, the tires are gone and the driver is lost in the woods.
Some Pelosi Humor.....
A man was washed up on a beach after a terrible shipwreck.
Only a sheep and a sheepdog were washed up with him.
After looking around, he realized that they were stranded on a deserted island.
After being there awhile, he got into the habit of taking his two animal companions to the beach every evening to watch the sunset.
One particular evening, the sky was a fiery red with beautiful cirrus clouds, the breeze was warm and gentle – a perfect night for romance.
As they sat there, the sheep started looking better and better to the lonely man. Soon, he leaned over to the sheep and put his arm around it.
But the sheepdog, ever protective of the sheep, growled fiercely until the man took his arm from around the sheep.
After that, the three of them continued to enjoy the sunsets together, but there was no more cuddling.
A few weeks passed by and, lo and behold, there was another shipwreck.
The only survivor was Nancy Pelosi .
That evening, the man brought Nancy to the evening beach ritual. It was another beautiful evening – red sky, cirrus clouds, a warm and gentle breeze – perfect for a night of romance.
Pretty soon, the man started to get ‘those feelings’ again..
He fought the urges as long as he could but he finally gave in and leaned over to Nancy and told her he hadn’t had sex for months. Nancy batted her eyelashes and asked if there was anything she could do for him.
He said,‘Would you mind taking the dog for a walk?’
That is a dumb @ss joke.
What are you, in the 5th grade?

Come on people have an intelligent discussion about the topic,
or at least come up with some witty insults.

Damn, is everybody on here dim witted and extremely lacking in
brain cells?

I may as well go take a crap because that would be more worth while
than talking to you @ss wipes.

“I'm not nuts. Just different”

Since: Mar 08

Cheswold, Delaware.

#20 Nov 11, 2010
pelosi sucks wrote:
house minority leader wouldn't exactly be the spotlight...bobby. she's toast. even democrats don't like her. don't cry, you need a grief counselor?
the spending has to stop and as long as Pelosi has any power it won't. she needs to retire. she's on a power trip and is out of touch with real people. besides that she's ugly.
skeletor go home
You're kidding right?
The MSM would fall all over themselves trumpeting her "triumphs" just as they have since she became speaker. Every time she is on TV the independent voters lean a little more to the right and we need their support to get this country back on track.

“I'm not nuts. Just different”

Since: Mar 08

Cheswold, Delaware.

#21 Nov 11, 2010
Captain Spalding wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a dumb @ss joke.
What are you, in the 5th grade?
Come on people have an intelligent discussion about the topic,
or at least come up with some witty insults.
Damn, is everybody on here dim witted and extremely lacking in
brain cells?
I may as well go take a crap because that would be more worth while
than talking to you @ss wipes.
Maybe you should take your own advice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steny Hoyer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Democrats want in shutdown fight Apr 6 Retribution 9
News Part 2: Double-Transplant Cancer Survivor Ola O... Mar '17 He Name Me Black ... 1
News Trump's Speech to Congress Mixes Bleak Out... Mar '17 Texxy the Indepen... 1
News Obama signs order for federal worker pay raises... (Dec '13) Oct '16 swedenforever 45
News Elijah Cummings, Steny Hoyer among Marylanders ... (Jul '16) Jul '16 noobieR 1
News House passes narrow Zika measure designed to re... (May '16) May '16 Go Blue Forever 10
News House Floor Becomes Battleground for Social Issues (May '16) May '16 Three Days 9R 1
More from around the web