Democrats Trying to Undo Pension Cut ...

Democrats Trying to Undo Pension Cut in Payroll Deal

There are 101 comments on the Roll Call story from Feb 15, 2012, titled Democrats Trying to Undo Pension Cut in Payroll Deal. In it, Roll Call reports that:

House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer and Rep. Chris Van Hollen are demanding that a cut to federal worker pensions be removed from a deal to extend the payroll tax cut.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Roll Call.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Barbara

Salem, MA

#1 Feb 15, 2012
Republicans want every American to keep working until he drops.
JbAlcantara

AOL

#2 Feb 15, 2012
They want the old, the disabled, the sick, the abandoned, the weak (the young), and the misfortuned to find rescue in the private sector where sharks feeds off from each other.

Now they call what we pay into with taxes "entitlements" as if our taxes somehow do not count towards a social safety.

Now they emphasize fiscal responsibility and budget neutrality (zero spending and zero taxes). By October 2012, they'll be talking about job creation (by destroying the environment which is a crime against the US).

A throw back to the 1890's. The Republican is a very strange species.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#3 Feb 15, 2012
How stupid do you think we are? Republicans want able bodied to stop lazing around, and get off unemployment. The lazy, and shiftless are making a career iut if unemployment. Tere will be plenty of money for the truly ill, and disabled as soon as we make the able bodied go to work

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

#4 Feb 15, 2012
JbAlcantara wrote:
They want the old, the disabled, the sick, the abandoned, the weak (the young), and the misfortuned to find rescue in the private sector where sharks feeds off from each other.
Now they call what we pay into with taxes "entitlements" as if our taxes somehow do not count towards a social safety.
Now they emphasize fiscal responsibility and budget neutrality (zero spending and zero taxes). By October 2012, they'll be talking about job creation (by destroying the environment which is a crime against the US).
A throw back to the 1890's. The Republican is a very strange species.
Popping out babies as to get a bigger EBT card is NOT social safety. The left is a throw back to USSR!
Just Sayin

Toledo, OH

#5 Feb 15, 2012
Seems to me the Democrats were all for taking money away from social security, but when it comes time to divvy up their own money things get a little too close to home.

That's the Democrats for you. Always trying to make the ignorant think they are working for them.
JbAlcantara

AOL

#6 Feb 15, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
How stupid do you think we are? Republicans want able bodied to stop lazing around, and get off unemployment. The lazy, and shiftless are making a career iut if unemployment. Tere will be plenty of money for the truly ill, and disabled as soon as we make the able bodied go to work
Get the freaking jobs from overseas where your greed has no limits to the US then the laid off will seek employment! You can't tell people to look for something that does not exists (JOBS)!

The lazy? Good jobs provide good healthcare packages, salaries, skills, knowledge, and pride. Unemployment is humiliating and it does not provide the healthcare or other perks (such as bonuses) that a job would! So it is hard to see why would a person prefer unemployment over employment!!!

Republicans have an obtuse, oblique, murky, and stained view of the world!
JbAlcantara

AOL

#7 Feb 15, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Popping out babies as to get a bigger EBT card is NOT social safety. The left is a throw back to USSR!
More surbubian take EBT that urban residents. Lots of people who work in McDonald, Walmart, and other $8.00/hour job get EBT as a complementary assistance. Those workers know that birthing incurs more expenses and limits their mobility. In fact, WV, SC, MS, AL, LA, SD, KY and others take more EBT per capita than typical democratic states. In fact, most republican states take in more than what they pay in!!

If you think that the poor should not birth (if they can't afford another person) then change the eligibility requirements or change the law.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#8 Feb 15, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
How stupid do you think we are? Republicans want able bodied to stop lazing around, and get off unemployment. The lazy, and shiftless are making a career iut if unemployment. Tere will be plenty of money for the truly ill, and disabled as soon as we make the able bodied go to work
Do you have any jobs in mind? Maybe if the obstructionist Republicans stopped making an Obama defeat more important than the good of America, there might be some jobs for people "lazing around".

“It's 420 here.”

Since: Jun 07

cold comfort farm

#10 Feb 15, 2012
I just love it when pols 'demand'! Who the hell do they think they are? If we had known about Congress playing insider trading, and we demanded an end to it, they would have first said...never happened, and then...you voters have a lot of gall to question our integrity.
This is an election year and both sides are posturing to try and promote their fealty to their constituents.
The life of a politician (pick your flavor), consists of terms (again H of R or Senate), where they do zip and collect monies in preparation for their next coronation.
Ex-GOP Con

San Jose, CA

#11 Feb 15, 2012
Oy! Thank GOD! The Democrats are fighting for us working middle class. I fear what a GOP controlled congress would do to the middle class. They would OBLITERATE it.
got meds

Hanoi, Vietnam

#12 Feb 15, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Popping out babies as to get a bigger EBT card is NOT social safety. The left is a throw back to USSR!
;) Russell 1000 goood fund! ;-000
got meds

Hanoi, Vietnam

#13 Feb 15, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
Oy! Thank GOD! The Democrats are fighting for us working middle class. I fear what a GOP controlled congress would do to the middle class. They would OBLITERATE it.
do you see what happen in EUrope now!!! wanna planing for yo money on da tree!!! ;-000r USSA+USSR=______! ;)
got meds

Hanoi, Vietnam

#14 Feb 15, 2012
Barbara wrote:
Republicans want every American to keep working until he drops.
Pension, IRA, 401K, stox!! ;-000
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#15 Feb 15, 2012
That is bull shit. There is not one member of my family, or my husband's that wanted to work that isn't working. They don't quit looking, and they will take anything until what they want comes along. Today the stupid President said the recovery is moving right along. What a lying goof. The only people who can find a job are those who know people working so they can network, or who have a skill that is needed. You don't wait until you are married with children to decide what you want to do for the rest of your life.
got meds

Hanoi, Vietnam

#16 Feb 15, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
That is bull shit. There is not one member of my family, or my husband's that wanted to work that isn't working. They don't quit looking, and they will take anything until what they want comes along. Today the stupid President said the recovery is moving right along. What a lying goof. The only people who can find a job are those who know people working so they can network, or who have a skill that is needed. You don't wait until you are married with children to decide what you want to do for the rest of your life.
do U know how many President on this Planetaries!!! learn da game of blame da System of Game!! ;-000
Moliner

El Centro, CA

#17 Feb 15, 2012
JbAlcantara wrote:
<quoted text>
Get the freaking jobs from overseas where your greed has no limits to the US then the laid off will seek employment! You can't tell people to look for something that does not exists (JOBS)!
The lazy? Good jobs provide good healthcare packages, salaries, skills, knowledge, and pride. Unemployment is humiliating and it does not provide the healthcare or other perks (such as bonuses) that a job would! So it is hard to see why would a person prefer unemployment over employment!!!
Republicans have an obtuse, oblique, murky, and stained view of the world!
Maybe this will give you a clue.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_17076085

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#18 Feb 16, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
That is bull shit. There is not one member of my family, or my husband's that wanted to work that isn't working. They don't quit looking, and they will take anything until what they want comes along. Today the stupid President said the recovery is moving right along. What a lying goof. The only people who can find a job are those who know people working so they can network, or who have a skill that is needed. You don't wait until you are married with children to decide what you want to do for the rest of your life.
LOL!!! Posting drunk tonight, eh?

You say that your can find a job if you want a job and keep looking. Then you take a swig and say it's impossible to work if you don't know someone or have a skill.

LOL!!! Make up your mind! And lay off the booze, you drunken sot!
Old Dude

Waukesha, WI

#19 Feb 16, 2012
The government is like a welfare child, try to take away a freebie and they scream.
The Republicans are trying to "CUT" spending and shrink the government.
The government produces nothing, they can only give what they take from the taxpayer and give it to someone else or to themselves. The bigger the government the more IT costs.
Folks this isn't rocket science it is economics 101!
Less government equals less taxes, less control over your life!
Here's a thought for you! Who do you think can spend YOUR (taxes) money better YOU or the Government?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#20 Feb 16, 2012
Barbara wrote:
Republicans want every American to keep working until he drops.
$3.9 Billion in Fed Cash Flowed to Energy Firms With Ties to White House...

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#21 Feb 16, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
Oy! Thank GOD! The Democrats are fighting for us working middle class. I fear what a GOP controlled congress would do to the middle class. They would OBLITERATE it.
$3.9 Billion in Fed Cash Flowed to Energy Firms With Ties to White House...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steny Hoyer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gutierrez Hands Out - Do Not Deport Me' Toolkit... Apr '15 sandy1 13
News Durbin's job in jeopardy? Apr '15 radiofreeamerica 4
News House passes $3.8 trillion budget Mar '15 Gary 1
News Rep. Hoyer: Boehner to Offer DHS Bill That Does... Mar '15 CleanBillSnoDeals 1
News Partial shutdown? House rejects Homeland Securi... Feb '15 Who Guessed It 6
News Congress OKs deal to avoid shutdown at Homeland... Feb '15 Russ 1
News Democrats lodge U.S. Export-Import Bank surviva... Feb '15 Le Jimbo 4
More from around the web