Freshman congressman who attacked hea...

Freshman congressman who attacked health-care reform now has question: Where's my health care?

There are 272 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 15, 2010, titled Freshman congressman who attacked health-care reform now has question: Where's my health care?. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A conservative Maryland physician elected to Congress on an anti-Obamacare platform surprised fellow freshmen at a Monday orientation session by demanding to know why his government-subsidized health care plan takes a month to kick in.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Sconnie native

Elk River, MN

#1 Nov 16, 2010
Hypocrite. I sure hope somebody keeps an eye on this legislator's voting record, given his statement "I will never vote to raise taxes".
City Dweller

Sacramento, CA

#2 Nov 16, 2010
Unbelievable. Another small government advocate, except when it affects him personally.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jumping

Mckinney, TX

#3 Nov 16, 2010
Voter in MD should remember this and boot him in 2012.

Can't wait for him to ask where is his health care.
Hypocrites R Us

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Nov 16, 2010
Once again you Republicans have been duped by one of your own. Also proving, once again, your representatives decry benefits for everyone else, but insist on having their own. Dr. Harris states he's never worked for an employer who doesn't provide heath care coverage from the first day of employment. Now that's strange. I don't know of any employers who do this. Almost all employers I've worked for provide coverage the first of the month AFTER you've been with them for 90 days! I only had one employer that provided it after 30 days of employment. If this is an example of what's to come, it sure will be interesting to see what your people do next January, won't it? Now, let's see how many of you come out and defend this guy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Just Saying

Tulsa, OK

#5 Nov 16, 2010
I want small government so please give me a government job. I hate washington insiders so please make me one. I hate giving money to government so please pay me to be in the government. Sincerely, tea party candidate.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Danno

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Nov 16, 2010
Dare I ask what COBRA coverage would cost someone with 5 children (even for one month)? Ouch!

“Hen oida hoti ouden oida”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#7 Nov 16, 2010
City Dweller wrote:
Unbelievable. Another small government advocate, except when it affects him personally.
Actually it's wholly believable.

Now let's wait and see how many teabigots stick to their word and vote their candidates out of office if they fail to stay on track with tea party ideals.

I won't hold my breath, though.
scout

United States

#8 Nov 16, 2010
translation: Marxists place their first attack upon the freshmen.
Really

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Nov 16, 2010
LMFAO! Oh man, this is just too "delicious!"

It's like he shows up at the benefits Q&A then..."Wat? wadaya mean I gotta wait a whole month for my healthcare benefits!! I'm not one of them peasants...I'll have you know I AM A MEMBER OF THE BOURGEOISIE!!"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Hmmm

Omaha, NE

#10 Nov 16, 2010
What do you expect... he's a Republican
huh

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Nov 16, 2010
Ha Ha....What a joke, he's a MD, he can practice medicine on himself and 5 kids, and if that doesn't pan out I'm pretty sure he has plenty of cronies at John Hopkins that can cover him for a month. Nothin' like eatin' crow. Ha Ha Ha!

Welocme to the real world.
Checkit44

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Nov 16, 2010
And herein lies the problem for the GOTP.

They just voted in people who either just don't get it, or want it for themselves and not anyone else.

Good luck with that united front, GOTP!
Screaming O

United States

#13 Nov 16, 2010
The SS does not allow the DR to buy the govt run plan, amazing. Repeal n replace Obamacare

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
the cynic

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Nov 16, 2010
And there we have it. My post on another board already proven to be true. PT Barnum was right - there is one born every minute and it appears that suckers make up the majority of the American Electorate. Looks like you've been had again.
hmmmm

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Nov 16, 2010
How do their heads not explode from the cognitive dissonance?
v2v2v2

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Nov 16, 2010
next he will be checking out why his social security 'contributions' have ceased.........
Dick

Ivins, UT

#17 Nov 16, 2010
I defend him.

We have one of the worst health care plans in the world, unless you have it from where you work.

What about those without jobs. What about those with pre-existing conditions.

Today our health plan favors insurance companies and to hell with the people.

Obama's health care plan may be more costly, but it is available to all citizens.

I think the good doctor is right.

And since I am a 100% disabled veteran all my medical expenses are covered by the VA..So I am stating a truth rather than speaking out of a need for medical treatment.

“Hen oida hoti ouden oida”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#18 Nov 16, 2010
Screaming O wrote:
The SS does not allow the DR to buy the govt run plan, amazing. Repeal n replace Obamacare
You do realize how absurdly ridiculous you sound, right??
Das_Boot

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Nov 16, 2010
Meet the new legislative leader(s), same as the old legislative leader(s)! What's in it for me and to hell with the constituency I was elected to represent prevails. If I wasn't so completely disgusted, I would laugh till I cried. This schmuck probably complained about the size of his limo too!
ABS

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Nov 16, 2010
Not a real bright thing for the guy to do but I think everyone realizes there's difference between the government, as an employer, providing health care to its employees; and the government, as Big Government, providing health care to everyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steny Hoyer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama signs order for federal worker pay raises... (Dec '13) Oct '16 swedenforever 45
News Elijah Cummings, Steny Hoyer among Marylanders ... (Jul '16) Jul '16 noobieR 1
News House passes narrow Zika measure designed to re... (May '16) May '16 Go Blue Forever 10
News House Floor Becomes Battleground for Social Issues (May '16) May '16 Three Days 9R 1
News Hoyer blasts GOP for 'empty words' on opioid cr... (May '16) May '16 Jesus Latter Day ... 22
News Paul Ryan is not running for president -- or pa... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Three Days 1
News White House Isn't Backing Down On Deportation R... (Jan '16) Jan '16 wild child 1
More from around the web