Debt battle opens cracks in GOP caucus

There are 33 comments on the DispatchPolitics story from Jul 28, 2011, titled Debt battle opens cracks in GOP caucus. In it, DispatchPolitics reports that:

Tension between two Ohioans - House Speaker John Boehner and Rep. Jim Jordan - over the nation's debt ceiling erupted yesterday in a raucous meeting of House Republicans, with some GOP lawmakers demanding the firing of a key aide connected to Jordan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at DispatchPolitics.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HowRad

Dry Ridge, KY

#1 Jul 28, 2011
The house of cards will collpse anyway, so why not now.

"I've never seen anything as irresponsible as saying let's do this again in six months," Brown said.

Sherrod will never give up the credit card.
Wow

Kenton, OH

#2 Jul 28, 2011
And the GOP should never be against the Unions again, when in fact they have become worse than any union. No meet me halfway,no give and take, no compromise. Worse than any union thats fighting for better Ins. and pennies on an hourly raise for their workers. Hold the country hostage for what they want,and the democratic party is no better either.
Bill Hates

Columbus, OH

#3 Jul 28, 2011
Cantor should face Treason charges!
greg watkins

Columbus, OH

#4 Jul 28, 2011
What do you get when you elect a bunch of incompetent, unqualified clowns to the House of Represenatives? What we have, a Circus. As of 7 PM, the South Carolina Republican Delegation has let the floor and gone to the Congressinal Chapel to pray for the US. A better plan, raise the freakin debt ceiling, Morons.
HowRad

Dry Ridge, KY

#5 Jul 28, 2011
Bill Hates wrote:
Cantor should face Treason charges!
Treason charges for what?

Since: Jun 09

Hilliard, OH

#6 Jul 28, 2011
At least Jim Jordan cares for America, while Boehner seems just to care about himself.
Fail John Kasuck

Columbus, OH

#7 Jul 28, 2011
Wow wrote:
And the GOP should never be against the Unions again, when in fact they have become worse than any union. No meet me halfway,no give and take, no compromise. Worse than any union thats fighting for better Ins. and pennies on an hourly raise for their workers. Hold the country hostage for what they want,and the democratic party is no better either.
No, the Democrats have been willing to compromise here. Offering 4 trillion in cuts is way over the middle. The Republicans have been way worse. They're not the same at all.
Fail John Kasuck

Columbus, OH

#8 Jul 28, 2011
HowRad wrote:
<quoted text>
Treason charges for what?
Failure to uphold the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

You remember the Constitution, don't you? Or only the 2nd Amendment ?
Liberal Patriot

Mililani, HI

#9 Jul 28, 2011
House GOP Debt plan: DOOMED in GOP controlled House!

“Tea Parties Work”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#10 Jul 28, 2011
powell sinclair wrote:
At least Jim Jordan cares for America, while Boehner seems just to care about himself.
You shouldnt be allowed to even vote in 2012.Mr.Boehner was a business owner,and loves his country.Take off that YES WE CAN t-shirt a burn it
Liberal Patriot

Mililani, HI

#11 Jul 28, 2011
Damn! I sure miss the previous U.S. House of Representatives leadership! They were not only professional and disciplined, but also efficient. Approx. 350+ Bills passed in 2009 and nearly 300 Bills passed in 2010, including some really difficult ones requiring compromise and bi-partisanship to get the people's work done. Under Boehner and the GOP's leadership, they've barely got 12 bills through the House this year. And now Boehner cannot even scrounge up enough votes to pass a routine debt limit extension.

Stocks are down for a second day in a row, credit rating agencies are threatening to downgrade our country's credit rating, higher interest rates are looming on the horizon, the cost of interest payments on the debt our country soon will rise, 4000+ people with the Federal Aviation Administration (the folks who make sure our skies remain safe) are already furloughed due to lack of funds, and Boehnhead cannot lead the House of Representatives out of a paper bag! Eric Cantor, the #2 GOP man in the House with his temper tantrums and his inability to stay in negotiations when the going gets tough doesn't really offer us a better alternative. Instead of JOBS, JOBS, JOBS the GOP is about to deliver us another Global recession.

#GOPEpicFailure

“Tea Parties Work”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#13 Jul 28, 2011
Liberal Patriot wrote:
Damn! I sure miss the previous U.S. House of Representatives leadership! They were not only professional and disciplined, but also efficient. Approx. 350+ Bills passed in 2009 and nearly 300 Bills passed in 2010, including some really difficult ones requiring compromise and bi-partisanship to get the people's work done. Under Boehner and the GOP's leadership, they've barely got 12 bills through the House this year. And now Boehner cannot even scrounge up enough votes to pass a routine debt limit extension.
Stocks are down for a second day in a row, credit rating agencies are threatening to downgrade our country's credit rating, higher interest rates are looming on the horizon, the cost of interest payments on the debt our country soon will rise, 4000+ people with the Federal Aviation Administration (the folks who make sure our skies remain safe) are already furloughed due to lack of funds, and Boehnhead cannot lead the House of Representatives out of a paper bag! Eric Cantor, the #2 GOP man in the House with his temper tantrums and his inability to stay in negotiations when the going gets tough doesn't really offer us a better alternative. Instead of JOBS, JOBS, JOBS the GOP is about to deliver us another Global recession.
#GOPEpicFailure
Your a fool.Your master will lead us all to the poor house fool.Nomore blank checks for obama,and his stupid lib,s
rider

Marquette, MI

#14 Jul 28, 2011
Palin Fan Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Your a fool.Your master will lead us all to the poor house fool.Nomore blank checks for obama,and his stupid lib,s

John Boehner Crying on 60 Minutes http://www.youtube.com/watch ... ROFLMAO!
Liberal Patriot

Mililani, HI

#15 Jul 29, 2011
Palin Fan Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Your a fool.Your master will lead us all to the poor house fool.Nomore blank checks for obama,and his stupid lib,s
More acurately: No more blank checks and subsidies for Big corporate GOP contributors, you brainwashed Fox troll.

Instead of the Jobs, Jobs, Jobs the GOP promised us last year, they are on track to deliver ANOTHER Global recession to the American people!

Vote out these childish and unprofessional GOP bums in 2012 so we can get this country working again!!!
HowRad

Dry Ridge, KY

#16 Jul 29, 2011
Fail John Kasuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Failure to uphold the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.
You remember the Constitution, don't you? Or only the 2nd Amendment ?
His vote is his vote. It has nothing to do with the 14th admendment. We can save the treason charges till after Obama uses executive order to increase the debt.
Fail John Kasuck

Columbus, OH

#17 Jul 29, 2011
HowRad wrote:
<quoted text>
His vote is his vote. It has nothing to do with the 14th admendment. We can save the treason charges till after Obama uses executive order to increase the debt.
Congress already authorized the expenditures to increase the debt. Now if Congress doesn't allow the debt to increase, to pay for the spending they already authorized, that will be treason. I am going to get out my pitchfork and go looking for some Tea Party fanatics.
HowRad

Dry Ridge, KY

#18 Jul 29, 2011
Fail John Kasuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress already authorized the expenditures to increase the debt. Now if Congress doesn't allow the debt to increase, to pay for the spending they already authorized, that will be treason. I am going to get out my pitchfork and go looking for some Tea Party fanatics.
Becareful what you wish for because you might get it. Congress doesn't have to allow the debt increase because they have funds to pay the debt. You apparently missed your savior's threat to cut off social security to pay debt and now that has been proven false. Obama just wanted to scare seniors with some of his "community organizing" skills. Now the buzz word is "Hostage" and if you kept track of this administration suggestions you would know you should insert that word in your discussion. Obama claims the Tea Party is hostage takers when the dems are the hostage makers.
HowRad

Dry Ridge, KY

#19 Jul 29, 2011
Fail John Kasuck wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be quite frustrating having to defend this administration all the time. I kind of feel sorry for you.
Liberal Patriot

Mililani, HI

#20 Jul 29, 2011
Fail John Kasuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent Post! You'll have plenty of company when it becomes time to go out looking.
HowRad

Dry Ridge, KY

#21 Jul 29, 2011
Fail John Kasuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confusing default with treason, I know they both contain 7 letters, so confusing isn't it. Get a Websters

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sherrod Brown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Senate scrambles to finish work and avoid Satur... May 22 senateshills 2
News Warren has irked Obama before, but trade deepen... May 18 goonsquad 50
News Candy makers fire back on forced labor May 17 Proxy Baptism of ... 1
News U.S. Senate banking panel chief forges ahead wi... May 6 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News Capitol Hill Buzz: Dems push higher pay for Sen... Apr 29 Your Ex 5
News Top US lawmakers strike deal to fast-track trad... Apr '15 goonsquad 1
News Health Care Debate Coming To Columbus (Aug '09) Jan '15 Bored Insomniac 64
More from around the web