Ohio businessmen travel to Washington to remind Obama of campaign pledge | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

In October 2008, Jeff Albrecht hosted a future president at the Ramada Inn he owned in Portsmouth, Ohio.
Comments
41 - 45 of 45 Comments Last updated Jul 16, 2011
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
the truth

Heath, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Jesus H Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you been drinking or do you always express you thoughts in such gibberish? Sober up and try again tomorrow, dude. That was embarrassing.
kiss my black barrack MM MM MM you racist guilt ridden white slave
Greed

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

now now, name calling isn't going to help anyone or solve any thing..Obama is doing no better than any other president and has failed in keeping his promises he made durring his campaign speaches and debates with Hillary.. I ave yet to see a president worth spit in decades, and even then there was still issues.
Hon_E_Bee

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

"Albrecht said he invested significantly in his hotel, which will reopen next week as a Holiday Inn, based on Obama's promise. He received a loan, he said, partly justified on Obama's 2008 campaign pledge."
Anyone who is stupid enough ro make their financial decisions based on a politician's pledge gets what they deserve
Black Lion

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2011

Mike in KY wrote:
I resigned a decent job to take the A-Plant courses offered in Ohio because I felt confident enough in this "Loan" that they are now only hoping to get. Not only that, but I spent a great deal of my retirement fund that I have saved up to pay for those courses which was some $5,000. Now that they are done, I too am hoping that this goes through. I, like so many in this area, am in need of good employment; the type that USEC and B&W provide. During the courses, I learned that I was not the only one who this will affect in a very negative way should the loan not happen. Our community and this area, needs this loan and the jobs it will create with USEC's and B&W's Centrifuge site. Although the USEC training courses were not a promise of employment, I feel that without this loan going through, it will have been for nothing.
The sad part is that you will likely vote for Obama again. You were easily fooled once so shame on Obama. If you get fooled again, shame on you.
Mike in KY

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2011

Black Lion wrote:
<quoted text>
The sad part is that you will likely vote for Obama again. You were easily fooled once so shame on Obama. If you get fooled again, shame on you.
I did not vote for Obama. Please don't make assumptions on that. I think he is a terrible President and has even worse decision making skills. I think there are somethings he's done right, but this has yet to be fulfilled. I think he is keeping USEC in his back pocket to use as a re-election tool, in which case I still won't vote for him. I resigned the job and took the classes on the advice of someone who is very in tune with things and works at the A-plant, however even they can't predict everything. Assuming it does go through, it will help many people in this area with the careers it creates. Our area is very much in need of industrial mid to long term work. The DOE has already granted loans to other similar companies in other areas of the country, with all that USEC has done to prepare itself and be in adherence to guidelines, it should be a no brainier to give them the money; but then again the DOE is government.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sherrod Brown Discussions

Search the Sherrod Brown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Senate panel backs McDonald to head Veterans Af... Jul 23 Viet Nam Veteran 1
Fda E-Cig Regulations Disappoint Democrats, Che... Apr '14 radiofreeamerica 5
Obama plans to sign stimulus Tuesday (Feb '09) Mar '14 BPT 5
Ohio attorney general taken to Cincinnati hospital Mar '14 americhkin idol 10
When a Job Disappears, So Does the Health Care (Dec '08) Jan '14 Koralle 87
Kasich-FitzGerald 2014 matchup a toss up, new p... (Dec '13) Dec '13 conservative crapola 2
Senate to grill watchdogs on Wall Street commod... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Sterkfontein Swartkrans 1
•••
•••