Hundreds of Corrections Workers laid ...

Hundreds of Corrections Workers laid off same day Wardens get big raises

There are 1 comment on the Plunderbund story from Feb 6, 2012, titled Hundreds of Corrections Workers laid off same day Wardens get big raises. In it, Plunderbund reports that:

According to the US Census Bureau , the median household income for Ohioans is $47,358. The national average is slightly higher: $51,914. Ohio's Corrections Officers, however, start out making $34,008 per year and they max out at $41,350 with step increases.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Plunderbund.

ohio wrangler

Kent, OH

#1 Feb 6, 2012
Mr. Kasich should be held accountable for the people he hires. This Mohr reduced the number of medical and mental workers for the inmates due to "budget cuts". The state does little to nothing for probably 80 percent of the inmates to educate or train them for jobs. The state cut back on beverages with meals to save "money". The state laid off a lot of corrections officers due to "budget cuts". I assume the reason the inmates are denied daily outside recreation in some institutions is due to lack of personnel. So "budget cuts" have even denied these people the ability to be outside in fresh air and sunshine daily. So with such a tight budget, how does Ohio not only give the top dogs in the prison system pay raises, but is going to hire more?? It looks like Mr Kasich and the people he hires are going to get all they can out of Ohio while they are in power. And I expect most of these special hires of Mr. Kasich are also being sure their friends and family are benefiting. I wish the news would at least expose what they are doing in the hopes it would at least embarrass them a little. Maybe make their kids ashamed of them?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sherrod Brown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Purged from voting rolls while deployed, Ohio v... Jan '18 Ozzie 18
News The 2017 Progressive Honor Roll Jan '18 The Patriot 3
News Winners and losers in Republican tax bill Nov '17 Mothra 24
News a Dona t spew that stuff on mea : The debate ov... Nov '17 anonz 3
News Senate GOP, with Pence assist, moves to repeal ... Oct '17 Chilli J 36
News J.D. Vance says time not right for U.S. Senate run Sep '17 They cannot kill ... 4
News Senate Republicans, Democrats agree on new sanc... (Jun '17) Jun '17 CodeTalker 3
More from around the web