Federal aid going to southern Ohio | ...

Federal aid going to southern Ohio | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 14 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 15, 2011, titled Federal aid going to southern Ohio | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Officials in southern Ohio are breathing easier after the announcement yesterday that the area will be receiving additional federal aid after a spring of flash floods and severe storms caused large amounts of damage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

kenmore

Akron, OH

#1 Jul 15, 2011
Positive news here, but the trolls have no comments they would much rather complain rant and type tacky negative and yes bigeted remarks elsewhere. Maybe the people of southern ohio are better off for that.
Kennesaw71

United States

#2 Jul 15, 2011
Gotta wonder how this one got past the Bamster. U know he had to look at the red/blue county map to see how many of those counties "actually deserve" any aid.
i wish

Newell, PA

#3 Jul 15, 2011
The money would be better spent for the cleaning of streams that flood so easy.
A resident of many years

Columbus, OH

#4 Jul 15, 2011
Re-election time. Seems like nothing gets done until re-election time.
Doesn't buy my vote.
fwmv

Columbus, OH

#5 Jul 15, 2011
A resident of many years wrote:
Re-election time. Seems like nothing gets done until re-election time.
Doesn't buy my vote.
Election time? In July? In an odd-numbered year? Are you freaking serious or just another Foxbot? Because if you are this ignorant then you must be watching Murdick.
just saying

United States

#6 Jul 15, 2011
These people are full of $$$$. They are the same people who complains about government in their lives but once the government comes with the bread wagon they seems to be the first one to the table.
JericoC

Columbus, OH

#7 Jul 15, 2011
A federal aid story that has failed to spur rampant derision from posters here ...
Chuckie

Broken Arrow, OK

#8 Jul 15, 2011
i wish wrote:
The money would be better spent for the cleaning of streams that flood so easy.
If the money would have been spent cleaning the streams before the flood maybe the flood would not have happen or cause far less damage in many areas. Floods are terrible and I feel for these people and they deserve help like all other natural disasters.
Chuckie

Broken Arrow, OK

#9 Jul 15, 2011
Maybe our government should start spending money in America and fix this countries problems instead of rebuilding other countries while our country falls apart. Cut foreign aide and stop making dictators multi millionaires. Cut military/defense/pentagon budget and spend the money in America instead of bombing other countries and rebuilding them.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#10 Jul 15, 2011
Chuckie wrote:
Maybe our government should start spending money in America and fix this countries problems instead of rebuilding other countries while our country falls apart. Cut foreign aide and stop making dictators multi millionaires. Cut military/defense/pentagon budget and spend the money in America instead of bombing other countries and rebuilding them.
If they would stop building roads and schools and mansions in Iraq and Afganistan, maybe they could build those things here. Cut the 1 trillion a year in military spending down to 200 billion. We spend more than most other countries combined on military. Out of the 761 bases we have around the world, shut down 700 of them, or like Trump said, charge them. One or the other.
Wyoming

Douglas, WY

#11 Jul 15, 2011
Pamela wrote:
<quoted text>If they would stop building roads and schools and mansions in Iraq and Afganistan, maybe they could build those things here. Cut the 1 trillion a year in military spending down to 200 billion. We spend more than most other countries combined on military. Out of the 761 bases we have around the world, shut down 700 of them, or like Trump said, charge them. One or the other.
Ya know I think i agree with ya.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#12 Jul 15, 2011
Wyoming wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know I think i agree with ya.
Yeah! Hands clapping.
one

Doniphan, MO

#14 Jul 15, 2011
Chuckie, Pamela, and Wyoming, I like the way all of you think. Rebuild America first. That should be our new national slogan.
Glad southern Ohio is getting the help, they need it.
Chuckie

Broken Arrow, OK

#15 Jul 15, 2011
one wrote:
Chuckie, Pamela, and Wyoming, I like the way all of you think. Rebuild America first. That should be our new national slogan.
Glad southern Ohio is getting the help, they need it.
It is good they are getting the help they need. It would be nice to if the money could be spent on cleaning out the rivers and streams to allow them to flow better to help prevent the flooding in the future.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sherrod Brown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Columbus veteran, ousted for sexual orientation... Jul '16 frigginhell 30
News When Will Sanders Surrender? Jun '16 Rev Don Wildmoan 6
News Kasich far stronger than Trump against Clinton,... (Feb '16) Mar '16 Whoop day it isth 85
News Democrats push SEC nominees on corporate politi... Mar '16 Le Jimbo 3
News In Ohio, Clinton opposes Obama auto parts trade... Mar '16 NAFTAJobsGone 2
News UPDATE 1-U.S. Senate banking panel approves Szu... Mar '16 Le Jimbo 1
News Obama bans US imports of slave-produced goods (Feb '16) Feb '16 Synque 9
More from around the web