Ohioans go to D.C. to push for uraniu...

Ohioans go to D.C. to push for uranium-plant loan guarantee | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 7 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 14, 2011, titled Ohioans go to D.C. to push for uranium-plant loan guarantee | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

In October 2008, Jeff Albrecht hosted a future president at the Ramada Inn he owned in Portsmouth, Ohio.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

“American gvt is in the bag”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1 Jul 14, 2011
Yep. Everyone wants the government to cut spending, except when it comes to "loan guarantees" in their own neighborhood.
CSD

Nashport, OH

#2 Jul 14, 2011
Barry made so many promises he can't keep track of all of them
campaign

Columbus, OH

#3 Jul 14, 2011
vote Boehner/Rubio ticket
George

Hilliard, OH

#4 Jul 14, 2011
campaign wrote:
vote Boehner/Rubio ticket
Where one smokes like a train drinks like a fish and cries like a baby, hooked up with one that acts Hugo Chavez Jr.? Are you nuts?
USEC employee

Dublin, OH

#5 Jul 14, 2011
Tea Farty wrote:
Yep. Everyone wants the government to cut spending, except when it comes to "loan guarantees" in their own neighborhood.
Don't speak on what you don't know. The community and the state were made a promise when he was running for office. This is part of the reason he won the state of OHIO during the election. NOW Mr. President....keep your word!!!!!
tom the traveler

Louisville, OH

#6 Jul 14, 2011
USEC employee wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't speak on what you don't know. The community and the state were made a promise when he was running for office. This is part of the reason he won the state of OHIO during the election. NOW Mr. President....keep your word!!!!!
First of all, Obama probably should have acted on this in his first two years.

But after the tsunami and Fukashima, I think that will put an end to this project as nuclear plant construction comes to a grinding halt.

I actually think we need nuclear, but then what I think just does not seem to matter.

I mean at Fukashima, they had a 70 foot tsumani with a nearly 10.0 earthquake. Just don't locate a nuke near the ocean and you should be fine. Even with the worst of all possible circumstances, the situation in Japan seems to be stable.

But like I said, what I think does not matter, Nukes are dead for now.
Kennesaw71

United States

#7 Jul 14, 2011
Even with the 70 foot tsunami, the structure itself wasnt the problem, it was the supply of water for cooling that didn't have any power to operate. From all indications it was simple Homer Simpson dunderhead planning that created hitch in the whole giddy up.. but like we learned from the Bamster and Rahm, never waste a good crisis, so we'll put the kibosh on all nuclear power as well as drilling for now.... Way to go Ohio, you bet yet money on the bob tail nag..... AND SURPRISINGLY LOST AGAIN!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sherrod Brown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News When Will Sanders Surrender? Jun 8 Rev Don Wildmoan 6
News Kasich far stronger than Trump against Clinton,... Mar '16 Whoop day it isth 85
News Democrats push SEC nominees on corporate politi... Mar '16 Le Jimbo 3
News In Ohio, Clinton opposes Obama auto parts trade... Mar '16 NAFTAJobsGone 2
News UPDATE 1-U.S. Senate banking panel approves Szu... Mar '16 Le Jimbo 1
News Obama bans US imports of slave-produced goods Feb '16 Synque 9
News Pressure grows on Warren to endorse a Democrat Jan '16 Goonsquad 20
More from around the web