Obama administration to announce drug control plan in Columbus | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 6 comments on the Jul 11, 2011, Columbus Dispatch story titled Obama administration to announce drug control plan in Columbus | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The Obama administration is releasing a national drug control strategy in Columbus today that includes $10 billion for education and treatment of drug addicts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Dave N

Dublin, OH

#84 Jul 12, 2011
Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
If I had a relative arrested in a foreign country, I would want that relative to be able to recieve help from the American Consulate. I wouldn't want that country to feel it was OK to pick and choose when it felt like following an international agreement.
If it were that easy, travelers wouldn't have to downplay that they are Americans.
Black Lion

Columbus, OH

#85 Jul 12, 2011
Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
If I had a relative arrested in a foreign country, I would want that relative to be able to recieve help from the American Consulate. I wouldn't want that country to feel it was OK to pick and choose when it felt like following an international agreement.
So you are glad our president had time to support the effort for a child rapist and murderer but not for our military. If you can rationalize that then you have some serious problems. But I am glad to know just how much you respect our military too. It must be a liberal thing cause I don't get it.
Black Lion

Columbus, OH

#86 Jul 12, 2011
Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
The right to seek help from the Consulate of his home country. Read your own article.
I did and perhaps comprehension is an issue for you.

Consular Notification Compliance Act is not law yet!

Some applicable quotes from the article are below for your further review and hopeful comprehension.

Had the White House and dissenting justices been worried about "the grave international consequences that will follow from Leal's execution ... Congress evidently did not find these consequences sufficiently grave to prompt its enactment of implementing legislation, and we will follow the law as written by Congress.

Leal's appeals lawyers had pinned their hopes on legislation introduced in the Senate last month that applied to the Vienna Convention provisions and said Leal should have a reprieve so the measure could make its way through the legislative process.

Similar bills have failed twice in recent congressional sessions.

"Our task is to rule on what the law is, not what it might eventually be," the court said.
Black Lion

Columbus, OH

#87 Jul 12, 2011
Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Lt. Andrew Ledford.
Court martialled during the Bush adminstration for roughing up a detainee.
Unfamiliar with that case. Did 40 congressmen sign a letter and send it to Bush requesting that he intervene?

Did Bush intervene on behalf of an illegal alien, child rapist and murderer in the same time-frame?
Black Lion

Columbus, OH

#88 Jul 12, 2011
Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pretty wienie way to weasel out of answering the question.
Are you trying a weinie way to weasel out of anwering these questions??

If you were related to the 16 year old girl who was raped, murdered and left with a branch sticking out of her, you know what, would you approve of Obama pressuring a Governor to stay his execution just in case a new law that had previouly failed to pass might pass in the future?

Or would want to be the one that administered the execution on the day he was found guilty?
George Jefferson

Marengo, OH

#89 Jul 12, 2011
Does that mean Barry's giving up the blow?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sherrod Brown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Top US lawmakers strike deal to fast-track trad... Apr 16 goonsquad 1
News Health Care Debate Coming To Columbus (Aug '09) Jan '15 Bored Insomniac 64
News Senate Democrats blast New York Fed over bank r... Nov '14 radiofreeamerica 1
News Senate Panel to Hold Hearing on Regulators' Tie... Nov '14 Le Jimbo 2
News Will losing Burger King make Americans care abo... (Aug '14) Sep '14 Swedenforever 8
News 10 things to know about corporate inversions (Aug '14) Sep '14 Righteous 6
News Analysis - Smaller banks see regulatory relief ... (Aug '14) Aug '14 fatbacks x 1
More from around the web