Safety of dissolvable tobacco product...

Safety of dissolvable tobacco products disputed

There are 1 comment on the KTXL-TV Sacramento story from Jul 20, 2011, titled Safety of dissolvable tobacco products disputed. In it, KTXL-TV Sacramento reports that:

The industry touts lozenges and other smokeless products as safer alternatives to smoking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTXL-TV Sacramento.

Hugh Jass

Nashville, TN

#1 Jul 22, 2011
If the House Republicans have their way, the FDA will not be able to spend any money evaluating these products because their public health impact involves a social element.

As I've noted elsewhere, though, these products--and not cigarettes--are the ones likely to enjoy a black-market presence if/when the tobacco industry becomes illegal. It is far harder to detect use of these, and users would mostly be "caught" during blood or urine tests.

Tobacco companies obviously DON'T want to lose their privilege of marketing addiction, and these things will permit them to continue without the level of outrage brought on by smoking. The "child-friendly" nature is clearly an effort to continue recruitment of new addicts from physiologically judgment-deficient portion of the population.

They will be very difficult to regulate. At least, nicotine addiction in this form will be a disease with fewer lethal complications associated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sherrod Brown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Purged from voting rolls while deployed, Ohio v... 14 hr Ozzie 18
News The 2017 Progressive Honor Roll Jan 2 The Patriot 3
News Winners and losers in Republican tax bill Nov '17 Mothra 24
News a Dona t spew that stuff on mea : The debate ov... Nov '17 anonz 3
News Senate GOP, with Pence assist, moves to repeal ... Oct '17 Chilli J 36
News J.D. Vance says time not right for U.S. Senate run Sep '17 They cannot kill ... 4
News Senate Republicans, Democrats agree on new sanc... (Jun '17) Jun '17 CodeTalker 3
More from around the web