With victory in House, health care re...

With victory in House, health care reform moves to Senate

There are 7 comments on the CNN story from Nov 8, 2009, titled With victory in House, health care reform moves to Senate. In it, CNN reports that:

With eight seconds left in the voting period, Democrats began counting down, erupting in roars when House Speaker Nancy Pelosi declared, "The bill is passed." Read the House bill Democrat Sheila Jackson-Lee from Texas waved a copy of the bill while her colleagues pumped their fists.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Jones

“It's about the American People”

Since: Jun 07

Flushing, NY

#1 Nov 8, 2009
The America hater Nancy Pelosi and her corrupt liberal communist hordes celebrated their communistic victory over the American people in her efforts to destroy the good private American healthcare.
Nancy Pelosi and Obama vowed to replace your reliable healthcare with anarchy and bankrupted dysfunctional welfare healthcare for the poor while sacrificing the sick and elderly that their Medicare budget was stolen by the evil communistic regime and slashed with half trillion dollars that they paid during tens of years when they were younger.
It was a dark day in Us history when few anti-American liberal Marxists and communists Democrat congressmen were forced under the fake African son of the Islamic Luo tribe Barack Hussein Obama and the Chicago Mafia dead fish Rahm Emanuel to government takeover the private lives of each and every American that will be forced to pay the government for rationing their healthcare with no doctors for additional 26 million illegal immigrants that will enjoy free healthcare paid by the 'rich'. The new naked fake dysfunctional healthcare anarchy under Obama and Pelosi aims at controlling and destroying 80% of US economy under incompetent dictator Obama who vowed to destroy the American constitution and convert America to banana welfare country like Zimbabwe.

Since: Oct 08

#2 Nov 8, 2009
This piece of crap legislation will join medicare and social security in bankrupting this country. Oh wait this country is already bankrupt so who give a flying f*** lets just spend spend spend

“It's 420 here.”

cold comfort farm

#4 Nov 8, 2009
If you have read the various iterations of the Senate and House versions of their proposed bills, which I have, there is enough in them to make you wonder who the crafters serve. Most certainly not their constituents. This proposed legislation is the most draconian thing I have ever read. George Orwell redux!
YouCantReallySee Me

United States

#5 Nov 8, 2009
too droll to troll wrote:
If you have read the various iterations of the Senate and House versions of their proposed bills, which I have, there is enough in them to make you wonder who the crafters serve. Most certainly not their constituents. This proposed legislation is the most draconian thing I have ever read. George Orwell redux!
Every poll indicates that between 55% and 70% of Americans do NOT want the Health Care Bill. Thousands showed up in Washington on Thursday and yesterday to show them, in person, that most Americans do not want it.

What is the reason behind their flagrant disregard of the wishes of the American people? I don't recall ever seeing anything like this.

If HR3200 set up 53 new governmental agencies (and it did) and it was "only" 1100 pages long, how many does their new 1,990 page document set up? Wonder how many earmarks that monstrosity contains?

“It's 420 here.”

cold comfort farm

#6 Nov 8, 2009
YouCantReallySeeMe wrote:
<quoted text>
Every poll indicates that between 55% and 70% of Americans do NOT want the Health Care Bill. Thousands showed up in Washington on Thursday and yesterday to show them, in person, that most Americans do not want it.
What is the reason behind their flagrant disregard of the wishes of the American people? I don't recall ever seeing anything like this.
If HR3200 set up 53 new governmental agencies (and it did) and it was "only" 1100 pages long, how many does their new 1,990 page document set up? Wonder how many earmarks that monstrosity contains?
In a droll fashion, I am reminded of a campy movie with Rodney Piper, called 'They Live'. You need special glasses to see who is a snake and who isn't. I think these days the special glasses are optional.
YouCantReallySee Me

United States

#7 Nov 8, 2009
too droll to troll wrote:
<quoted text>
In a droll fashion, I am reminded of a campy movie with Rodney Piper, called 'They Live'. You need special glasses to see who is a snake and who isn't. I think these days the special glasses are optional.
Good point.

I write, call, email and fax and i know hundreds of thousands of others do, too. So, what IS it going to take to get them to listen?

“It's 420 here.”

cold comfort farm

#8 Nov 8, 2009
YouCantReallySeeMe wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point.
I write, call, email and fax and i know hundreds of thousands of others do, too. So, what IS it going to take to get them to listen?
Massive demonstrations seem the only viable thing. It is patently clear that they are not answering e mails, the phone or fax messages. I could say avoid paying your taxes, but they have that locked into the bill. Maybe a total walkout on a given day? Nobody...health care people, ordinary people, shows up for work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sheila Jackson-Lee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman Accuses United Airlines of Giving Away He... Jan '18 yidfellas rule 13
News Congresswoman who - bumped' passenger from flig... Jan '18 C Kersey 5
News Rep. Jackson Lee cites racism as root of United... Dec '17 Rev Don Wildmoan 40
News Dem Judge Jailed For Lying To FBI Resigns Over ... Dec '17 Cordwainer Trout 3
News Does Sheila Jackson Lee Know The Person She's A... Dec '17 eugenics-n-gentri... 1
News Woman claims United gave her seat to Texas Cong... Dec '17 RevAls Roadshow 2
News Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee: Accusation United gave... Dec '17 okimar 3
More from around the web