Pelosi Squashes MiJac Congressional R...

Pelosi Squashes MiJac Congressional Resolution By Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee

There are 23 comments on the www.eurweb.com story from Jul 10, 2009, titled Pelosi Squashes MiJac Congressional Resolution By Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee. In it, www.eurweb.com reports that:

*It's over for House Resolution 600 – the legislation introduced by Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas that would have proclaimed Michael Jackson as an American legend, musical icon and world humanitarian.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Thursday denied the resolution because debate on the symbolic measure could raise "contrary views" about the pop star's life, she explained.

Lawmakers are free to use House speeches "to express their sympathy or their praise any time that they wish," said Pelosi, D-Calif. "I don't think it's necessary for us to have a resolution."

Even before Pelosi's comments, some Democrats said privately they did not support the resolution and a divisive debate would hurt House efforts to muster the votes for priorities such as health care and climate change.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.eurweb.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wendy

Equality, IL

#1 Jul 10, 2009
This is the smartest thing that she has ever done. I have never been a fan of Nancy P.,but she showed good judgement on this .
gerri-berri

United States

#2 Jul 10, 2009
Can these folks spend time on issues that really matter? How is changing the economic/job/tax situation of America?
MJrocks

Seattle, WA

#4 Jul 10, 2009
Wendy wrote:
This is the smartest thing that she has ever done. I have never been a fan of Nancy P.,but she showed good judgement on this .
She is a moron. MJ was great, and there definitely should be a holiday named after him!
MJrocks

Seattle, WA

#5 Jul 10, 2009
gerri-berri wrote:
Can these folks spend time on issues that really matter? How is changing the economic/job/tax situation of America?
Get real. MJ is far more important than that nonsense!
Hero

Lewiston, ID

#6 Jul 10, 2009
If average Joe was brought up twice on child molestation charges, acquitted or not, no member of congress would support anything for him (too politically incorrect); and most of the Michael Jackson lovers would automatically assume the guy was guilty or he wouldn't have been brought up on charges - twice! Michael's sister (LaToya) even said that this guy had a kid in his bedroom, sleeping with him, for a month at a time and that that was not normal. Michael Jackson was rich and famous (and talented, whether you like his music or not,) but worthy of a Congressional Resolution? Come on! Rich and famous is the allure to all this MJ bolstering, and that is an insult to those who genuinely make great contributions to society.
dagu

Berkeley, CA

#7 Jul 10, 2009
Pelosi is right on this one.
The hottest celeb scenes at http://www.actressscene.com

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

#8 Jul 10, 2009
WARNING the above link is a virus !
DMillor

South Bend, IN

#9 Jul 10, 2009
Mikey J is a little boy lover, Mikey J pulled it out under the cover. He bought all his little lovers. Whew ! shake it now! moonwalking in the moon light ! Little kids hope he don't bite. Go to HELL !! PERVERT !! GLAD YOU'RE GONE, MUSH FOR BRAINS !! DRUG ADDICT BOY PENIS LICKER !! I have never seen so many stupid people lovin a pervert.
Smoky

United States

#10 Jul 10, 2009
At last Nancy P actually did something I agreed with.
oakgrove

Harrison, NJ

#11 Jul 10, 2009
Ah, there you are again with your petty incompatance. Like I said, get a life nerd. same old comment. Must be all your tiny brain can think of. You're funny.....
triple6vamp wrote:

Since: Apr 07

Miami

#13 Jul 11, 2009
oakgrove wrote:
Ah, there you are again with your petty incompatance. Like I said, get a life nerd. same old comment. Must be all your tiny brain can think of. You're funny.....<quoted text>
ROFL.

I don't ordinarily point out spelling mistakes, but you gotta love it when someone, while trying to insult *someone else's* intelligence, misspells a simple word like 'incompetence'.

Especially considering the definiton of the word.:-)

And anyway, wht's wrong with warning other posters not to click a bad spam link? I myself have reported that off topic spammer several times, not that to Topix people give a crap, but I've still clicked the link.

Take your own advice, oak. Go out and get yourself a life.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#14 Jul 11, 2009
Smoky wrote:
At last Nancy P actually did something I agreed with.
even if it's ONLY because she refuses to be upstaged by a woman.

vote BOTH those morons out of congress!

Since: Jul 08

Dallas, TX

#15 Jul 12, 2009
Pelosi is an obtuse moron but I have to say she got this one right.
Nick College Student

Independence, OR

#18 Jul 13, 2009
MJrocks wrote:
<quoted text> She is a moron. MJ was great, and there definitely should be a holiday named after him!
LMAO- yeah right! A holiday named after a pedephile?!
Nick College Student

Independence, OR

#19 Jul 13, 2009
MJrocks wrote:
<quoted text> Get real. MJ is far more important than that nonsense!
-stop doing drugs and be realistic for Christ's sake!!
snoopy983

Denver, CO

#20 Jul 13, 2009
They just did that because of the stupid health care reform debate not to mention the midterm elections are coming up next year. Politicians will do and say anything just to get a vote.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#21 Jul 13, 2009
snoopy983 wrote:
They just did that because of the stupid health care reform debate not to mention the midterm elections are coming up next year. Politicians will do and say anything just to get a vote.
I agree, Pelosi just did that so she can gain more support on this health care issue. She needs all the votes she can because even her seat is up for re-election.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Louis, MO

#22 Jul 13, 2009
triple6vamp wrote:
but... but... but i want to see the hottest celeb scenes!
now i'll never get to!!!!
Wonderer

Portsmouth, VA

#23 Jul 13, 2009
The child rapist is dead. Thats all that needs to be said about him or remembered as.

“Waiting for f'loons to wake up”

Since: Dec 06

Goofybaboon's Not Listening

#25 Jul 13, 2009
MJrocks wrote:
<quoted text> She is a moron. MJ was great, and there definitely should be a holiday named after him!
Yet the news doesn't show any outrage in our congressional quarters over the subject.

Let reality sink in and burn good. JackO is NOT, nor will he ever be, approved for ANY recognition by the U.S. congress. Pelosi did the right thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sheila Jackson-Lee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman Accuses United Airlines of Giving Away He... Jan 13 yidfellas rule 13
News Congresswoman who - bumped' passenger from flig... Jan 8 C Kersey 5
News Rep. Jackson Lee cites racism as root of United... Dec 31 Rev Don Wildmoan 43
News Dem Judge Jailed For Lying To FBI Resigns Over ... Dec 29 Cordwainer Trout 3
News Does Sheila Jackson Lee Know The Person She's A... Dec 29 eugenics-n-gentri... 1
News Woman claims United gave her seat to Texas Cong... Dec 29 RevAls Roadshow 2
News Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee: Accusation United gave... Dec 29 okimar 3
More from around the web