Black Leaders Equate 'Jena 6 Thugs' to Rosa Parks, Talk Show Host Says

There are 10 comments on the Oct 22, 2007, Crosswalk story titled Black Leaders Equate 'Jena 6 Thugs' to Rosa Parks, Talk Show Host Says. In it, Crosswalk reports that:

“This hearing was an absolute disgrace”

A black conservative leader is taking liberal black leaders to task for "attempting to recreate the civil rights movement by equating the 'Jena 6 thugs' to Rosa Parks." Rev. via Crosswalk

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Crosswalk.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Teaches in Jena

Ava, MO

#21 Oct 30, 2007
You know, sometimes I wonder. But what about the attack on the US District Attorney by the Judiciary Committee. They did everything but call that man an "Uncle Tom."

There was a copycat attack in NY where 5 whites attacked a black man using a tennis shoe. Now Al "I'm Your Pal" Sharpton is there crying that that was a hate crime. He needs to just go away. Oprah never came to Jena. The advance team she sent down very quickly realized that this was not an event that she did not want to back.
hydesrox

Rochester, NY

#22 Oct 30, 2007
But what do they want? They want the entire white population of Jena to confess they're racist? Will the NAACP and Al Sharpton not be satisfied until this happens? Can the citizens of Jena be bullied and beaten down into submission like this?

I say let's forget the race card defense and concentrate on the 'white man's guilt' offense that civil rights organizations use. Do these organizations believe that a minority group cannot be labeled racist purely for the reason that they ARE the minority? Can someone in the forum explain this logic to me?

Also, has this been making the national news as of late?, because if it's not, you can be damn sure that Al picked up another no show position on some kind of business or organization in the area.

Plus, just to clear up some rumors that have been circulating: were the Black Panthers really 'patrolling' the streets of Jena and if so, what the hell were they 'patrolling'?

As Willie Dixon wrote: Crazy Mixed Up World
Teaches in Jena

Ava, MO

#23 Oct 31, 2007
No they are not. In response to the threats against those of the Jena 6 still in town, 5 off duty state troopers have been assigned to ensure their safety. In the meantime, the judge, DA, and others have received threats to their safety/well being, but the governor hasn't done anything like that for them.

The next big thing here is that there is supposed to be a demonstration by the Nationalist Movement(?) on MLK day. Just what we don't need.
American

Springfield, MO

#24 Oct 31, 2007
They are nothing but racist thugs and anyone who would try to glorify them are nothing short of the same! Maybe next time they should try it one on one instead of 6 on 1. Yea real heros. lol!
BigJohnCoffey

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#25 Oct 31, 2007
Teaches in Jena wrote:
No they are not. In response to the threats against those of the Jena 6 still in town, 5 off duty state troopers have been assigned to ensure their safety. In the meantime, the judge, DA, and others have received threats to their safety/well being, but the governor hasn't done anything like that for them.
The next big thing here is that there is supposed to be a demonstration by the Nationalist Movement(?) on MLK day. Just what we don't need.
Are'nt these reponses a little subjective. Anyway I, unlike mot in these forums am able to take a bird's eye view at things and one thing I don't like is the yet again subjective views od Jesse and Al. These guys don't care about "human rights" because if they did they would attack injustices on all color lines. As a matter of fact if they truly cared about "black problems" they would show themsleves in local areas minus the media. Seems like self indulgence to me. How many cases become big as a result of their presence. Seems to me like they jump on a case after it gains noteriety to be able to further themselves. Bad business I say, BAD BUSINESS.
Teaches in Jena

Sulligent, AL

#26 Nov 17, 2007
I'd really like to hear something from Bill Cosby on this issue. I'm sure he'd be called some derogatory names by the leaders of the black community.
Harold Stassen

AOL

#27 Jun 14, 2010
anya wrote:
the only thing that reflects the rosa parks situation is the fact that rosa was bullied to move from her seat by a white man and she refused; and the white kids was bullied by black kids to move from their seat and they refused.
but some how the whites were wrong in both cases and the blacks are the poor victims. that my people is a DOUBLE STANDARD!!!
as for the nooses, it is so convenient that now the black community is offended when they havn't been in the past with holloween decorations and high school and college noose hanging with the rivals mascot.
i just don't buy the blacks sob stories anymore. they are only offended or play the race crutch when they try to detour public attention away from their criminals.
Exactly.
baby b

Springhill, LA

#28 Oct 21, 2010
i live in jena louisiana and i can tell you all the blacks are much more racist than the whites could ever deam of being
paquin

Sarepta, LA

#29 Aug 13, 2011
LaSalle Parish Resident wrote:
The Alexandria Town Talk has been reporting pretty closely on all this also. You can do a search on Jena 6 or Mychal Bell and find stuff:
www.thetowntalk.com
Won't you haven't found is where Bell desocketed his girlfriends eye with a tire tool about a month before he tried to kick Barker's skull in with that "innocent not a deadly weapon" shoe.
caldwell icon

Terrell, TX

#30 Oct 19, 2011
Barker got his fat racist ass kicked..just like he should have..bet he wont say n****r anymore. .Atleast not out loud

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sheila Jackson-Lee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lynch vote: Why Cruz skipped and McConnell vote... Apr 24 Go Blue Forever 6
News Black women leaders, clergy pray for Lynch vote Mar '15 Oh No You Di-nt 1
News Eye on the Community: I'M not a Racist! Am I? Mar '15 serfs up 16
News Texas Democrat: Congressman had a right to call... Feb '15 shelia hates texas 1
News Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee defends Obama with bord... Jan '15 wild child 1
News No charges: Houston officer shot unarmed black man Jan '15 xxxrayted 202
News Sheila Jackson Lee: 'Selfish' for America to de... Nov '14 achyfi 11
More from around the web