job_20101218110159_JPG

job_20101218110159_JPG

There are 38 comments on the WLUK-TV Green Bay story from Dec 18, 2010, titled job_20101218110159_JPG. In it, WLUK-TV Green Bay reports that:

Unemployment benefits will be restored for millions of Americans under the tax-cut measure President Barack Obama signed into law Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLUK-TV Green Bay.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Shady Lady

Paso Robles, CA

#22 Dec 21, 2010
I will tell you whyI don't believe there are no jobs. I know someone who took a job at a factory last week, worked 2 days, hated it, because it was boring, so he quit. Today he got another job, and will go to work somewhere else tomorrow. People are begining to hire now with the idea the Republicans, who are business friendly, are being sworn in in a couple weeks. No one is going to come to the door, and ask you to come to work. You have to get off the sofa, and go put in resumes.
Lon Rocke

Chico, CA

#23 Dec 22, 2010
Shady Lady wrote:
I will tell you whyI don't believe there are no jobs. I know someone who took a job at a factory last week, worked 2 days, hated it, because it was boring, so he quit. Today he got another job, and will go to work somewhere else tomorrow. People are begining to hire now with the idea the Republicans, who are business friendly, are being sworn in in a couple weeks. No one is going to come to the door, and ask you to come to work. You have to get off the sofa, and go put in resumes.
Yeah, but...who's gonna stay at home and watch Opra?

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#24 Dec 22, 2010
Lon Rocke wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, but...who's gonna stay at home and watch Opra?
Commiecrats????

AMN

Since: Sep 08

Sacramento, CA

#25 Dec 22, 2010
Lon Rocke wrote:
<quoted text>You're looking up someone's skirt but it's not mine. I never said I'm a civil servant. At least for the last three decades. I have my own little business. One reason I quit civil service was that I was often working ten hour days and was not getting paid for it all. No overtime.
My evaluation is that you are a Dull Normal individual with limited skills and a great deal of anger. I won't use the word Pathetic because, as you know, I'm a gentleman.
You "worked" as a underpaid civil servant (lol, with tears coming from my eyes) next thing you'll say it that civil servants "cared" about their jobs...lol.. I'll now use the word pathetic...lol..
Lon Rocke

Chico, CA

#26 Dec 22, 2010
AMN wrote:
<quoted text>
You "worked" as a underpaid civil servant (lol, with tears coming from my eyes) next thing you'll say it that civil servants "cared" about their jobs...lol.. I'll now use the word pathetic...lol..
My evaluation is that you are a Dull Normal individual with limited skills and a great deal of anger. I won't use the word Pathetic because, as you know, I'm a gentleman.
HARDTIMES

Chickamauga, GA

#27 Dec 22, 2010
Jim Hayden wrote:
There is an answer. Only most people are not going to like it.
We must eliminate all corporate and business taxes along with the minimum wage. As the minimum wage is reduced by the job market more and more Americans will be able to return to work. I foresee an average wage of about $2.00 to $2.25 an hour. This is a reality we are all going to have to face. it is either that our see more and more Americans lose their jobs, homes and families.
Like I said there are those who will not like this but we really DO NOT have any other choice.
My name is Jim Hayden and I am the next American President.
FB Jim Hayden for President in 2012
Average wage $2.00 to $2.25 and the average gas price $3.05 TO $3.50 that make sense.

Since: Apr 07

Fort Campbell, TN

#28 Dec 22, 2010
HARDTIMES wrote:
<quoted text>Average wage $2.00 to $2.25 and the average gas price $3.05 TO $3.50 that make sense.
Did you know that $.50 of every dollar you spend on gas is tax? Once I totally eliminate all taxes on companies we will se a drastic reduction in the cost of gas at the pump. Not only that but once our research in magnetic energy is complete and we are able to build vehicles that run on this and other alternative fuels we will see the demand for gas reduced thus forcing the cost for gas to be pushed even lower.

Therefore an average hourly wage of between $2.00 and $2.50 is in fact reasonable and in most cases more desirable since you will be able to buy a whole lot more with your %2.00 to $2.50 an hour than you can now.

Just as I have been predicting over the past 30 years the housing costs are dropping back down to where a family with a single income will be able to afford a home of their own. No we have not seen bottom yet and I really feel sorry for those who have purchased a home within the past 20 years as they are see the value of their home drop below what they currently own on their home. This is regrettable butt necessary for our total recovery.

The sad truth is no matter what the government does to bolster the housing market eventually we will hit the bottom where an average $175,000.00 home will be worth about $50,000.00 while the average new home in America will be selling for between $15,000.00 and $20,000.00.

If Obama and the Congress continues on the same path they are currently on I can tell you that this will happen right about September or October 2012 if not shortly there after.

Once I do away with the minimum wage we will see our money increase in value as prices are forced to drop.

AMN

Orangevale, CA

#29 Dec 23, 2010
Jim Hayden:

You contend that implementing reduced wages to $2.00 an hour will allow the US to be competitive; WRONG!

First of all you must ask what makes a nation an economic superpower…. Answer: a large and healthy middle class. Do you really think that $2 an hour is going to create, grow, and sustain a middle class?!?

Secondly, in adjusting our wages to that of industry standards (set due to a 3rd world workforce) you are condemning the US to 3rd world conditions as well. That is what globalization is!

The United States can and should stand alone. We have the ability to make everything that we need. The more we shift towards globalization the more we lose our identity and therefore our sovereignty.

World courts, world law, and Europe be dammed, I will stay with my Republic and rebuild her.

Fort Campbell, TN

#30 Dec 23, 2010
AMN wrote:
Jim Hayden:
You contend that implementing reduced wages to $2.00 an hour will allow the US to be competitive; WRONG!
First of all you must ask what makes a nation an economic superpower…. Answer: a large and healthy middle class. Do you really think that $2 an hour is going to create, grow, and sustain a middle class?!?
Secondly, in adjusting our wages to that of industry standards (set due to a 3rd world workforce) you are condemning the US to 3rd world conditions as well. That is what globalization is!
The United States can and should stand alone. We have the ability to make everything that we need. The more we shift towards globalization the more we lose our identity and therefore our sovereignty.
World courts, world law, and Europe be dammed, I will stay with my Republic and rebuild her.
I hate to disagree with you but her it goes.

The only reason why American workers are making as little as they are is due to the mandatory minimum wage. This artificially inflated minimum wage has taken us out of the global market. We are no longer able to compete with countries like Japan, Germany, France, England due to our inflated minimum wage.

As far as hurting the Unions I sure hope so. The Unions have done more damage to this country then they have good. However if you are talking about the real middle class they will not be hurt at all, With the increased value of their money they will be able to buy a lot more things then what they are able to buy now.

You see as taxes and prices are reduced people have more money to spend on the things they want. That increases demand which increases the need for more people working to meet the new demand. The more people working the more money there is in the economy which goes to creating even more jobs.

So by reducing the minimum wage and letting the market dictate what it should be we are creating a demand for goods and services which must be met by hiring more people which in turn creates even more demand which creates even more jobs.

Let me ask you this.

Would you rather be making say $150,000.00 a year and not be able to buy much more than basic necessities or $20,000.00 a year and be able to pay for everything you need and still have money left over for those things you've been dreaming about owning?

You see we are, after all, talking about buying power. The higher the minimum wage the lower the individual's buying power. The higher the minimum wage the fewer people there are working which reduces demand. as long as demand continues to decrease we will continue to see high unemployment figures as more and more people find themselves on welfare.

Right now today once we add the number of people collecting unemployment with those on welfare and the homeless we find our unemployment is about 45% unemployed in this country today. That is very close to half of our workforce unemployed.

We have to do something and you bet ya a lot of people are not going to like it. We are going to have to reduce the minimum wage and the unions are going to have to accept a drastic reduction in their wages and benefits if they want to continue working. The Unions cannot continue striking our companies out of business and expect to continue working. It does NOT work that way.

Lon Rocke

Chico, CA

#31 Dec 23, 2010
AMN wrote:
Jim Hayden:
I agree. That 2 dollar an hour guy must have been joking.

Fort Campbell, TN

#32 Dec 23, 2010
Lon Rocke wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. That 2 dollar an hour guy must have been joking.
We are talking about the minimum wage. Those entry level jobs that mostly hire kids just starting out in the job market and not skilled labor.

Once we reduce the minimum wage everybody benefits from the lower costs and increased work force. By continuing to increase the minimum wage all we have accomplished is keeping a lot of people out of work. It is a job killer and does not help to reduce the number of people who are unemployed.

As far as Union wages they too are going to have to be reduced to an average of $8.00 an hour or less.

We the American consumer can no longer afford to pay these over inflated prices for the things we buy just because some union believes management can afford it. Well it ain't the management that has to pay for your extravagant wage demands it is the American consumer and we simply cannot afford you any more. You think you are worth more money then fine. Go out and start up your own business. Then you can make all of the money you are worth. If you go bust within the first year then that is exactly what you are worth. ZERO.

The same goes for these excessive taxes we are currently paying. The American people can no longer afford to pay them so we have cut back on the things we buy. Once taxes are reduced to something we can afford we will start buying more.

We have got to get American workers back on the job and if it takes reducing taxes and wages then so be it. The Democrats and the Unions have pushed us into a corner where our options are extremely limited. We are nearing 45% unemployment right now and once we cross that 50% unemployment line thing are going to get a whole lot worse a whole lot faster.
Lon Rocke

Chico, CA

#33 Dec 23, 2010
Jim Hayden wrote:
<quoted text>
We are talking about the minimum wage. Those entry level jobs that mostly hire kids just starting out in the job market and not skilled labor.
Once we reduce the minimum wage everybody benefits from the lower costs and increased work force. By continuing to increase the minimum wage all we have accomplished is keeping a lot of people out of work. It is a job killer and does not help to reduce the number of people who are unemployed.
As far as Union wages they too are going to have to be reduced to an average of $8.00 an hour or less.
We the American consumer can no longer afford to pay these over inflated prices for the things we buy just because some union believes management can afford it. Well it ain't the management that has to pay for your extravagant wage demands it is the American consumer and we simply cannot afford you any more. You think you are worth more money then fine. Go out and start up your own business. Then you can make all of the money you are worth. If you go bust within the first year then that is exactly what you are worth. ZERO.
The same goes for these excessive taxes we are currently paying. The American people can no longer afford to pay them so we have cut back on the things we buy. Once taxes are reduced to something we can afford we will start buying more.
We have got to get American workers back on the job and if it takes reducing taxes and wages then so be it. The Democrats and the Unions have pushed us into a corner where our options are extremely limited. We are nearing 45% unemployment right now and once we cross that 50% unemployment line thing are going to get a whole lot worse a whole lot faster.
You said, "You think you are worth more money then fine. Go out and start up your own business. Then you can make all of the money you are worth. If you go bust within the first year then that is exactly what you are worth. ZERO." Not right. U.S.A. is only about twenty percent sociopaths according to a recent report. You are correct in a case where we ALL (100 percent)are sociopaths (Psychopaths). To get an idea of what your ideal situation might be just check out some of our more serious prison lockups. Note the high level of psychopaths. Note the lack of intelligent people working for the betterment of society. Note the high number of people working only to improve their own condition.

AMN

Orangevale, CA

#34 Dec 23, 2010
Let’s talk purchasing power … now how to control it… you are insistent on competing on a global level yet you lose control in a global economy. Let me repeat, you MUST accept industry standards (wages are a part of these standards). If your scenario would work, India, Mexico, China,… would all be experiencing middle class grow yet they are not.

You also claim that many of the low or entry level jobs are for kids just staring out…WRONG! In Sacramento and surrounding areas MOST workers who were kids years ago are adults and many are probably illegal. Today there are many unemployed who would love one of those jobs but lets face it, that type of job will not pay the bills (make no mistake, I respect all those who earn an honest living). In reducing wages it is lunacy to believe that people would be able to afford their needs “magically”.

As far a upsetting the unions I say that the ideal balance between business and unions/workers is when neither side is truly happy. There must be a constant fight on each side. During the early 1900’s workers were treated as expendable objects while business focused solely on the bottom line. Today we have the opposite where workers see the business as expendable and high wages and jobs for life as the only goal. Union “can be” important for trades but certainly not for civil servants.

My biggest concern with you Jim it that you insist on playing the globalization game and that is a losing hand…
Shady Lady

United States

#35 Dec 25, 2010
How do you figure that is a losing Hand? Minimum wage in the U S is more then they pay their regular workers in other countries. Unions are hiding illegal aliens, because they will take less, and if they had their way they would replace their $40 an hour people with $20 an hour illegal aliens. The Unions get that $1,000. initiation fee no matter who fills the job.
Roger Charles Courtney

Puryear, TN

#36 Dec 26, 2010
Jim Hayden wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to disagree with you but her it goes.
The only reason why American workers are making as little as they are is due to the mandatory minimum wage. This artificially inflated minimum wage has taken us out of the global market. We are no longer able to compete with countries like Japan, Germany, France, England due to our inflated minimum wage.
As far as hurting the Unions I sure hope so. The Unions have done more damage to this country then they have good. However if you are talking about the real middle class they will not be hurt at all, With the increased value of their money they will be able to buy a lot more things then what they are able to buy now.
You see as taxes and prices are reduced people have more money to spend on the things they want. That increases demand which increases the need for more people working to meet the new demand. The more people working the more money there is in the economy which goes to creating even more jobs.
So by reducing the minimum wage and letting the market dictate what it should be we are creating a demand for goods and services which must be met by hiring more people which in turn creates even more demand which creates even more jobs.
Let me ask you this.
Would you rather be making say $150,000.00 a year and not be able to buy much more than basic necessities or $20,000.00 a year and be able to pay for everything you need and still have money left over for those things you've been dreaming about owning?
You see we are, after all, talking about buying power. The higher the minimum wage the lower the individual's buying power. The higher the minimum wage the fewer people there are working which reduces demand. as long as demand continues to decrease we will continue to see high unemployment figures as more and more people find themselves on welfare.
Right now today once we add the number of people collecting unemployment with those on welfare and the homeless we find our unemployment is about 45% unemployed in this country today. That is very close to half of our workforce unemployed.
We have to do something and you bet ya a lot of people are not going to like it. We are going to have to reduce the minimum wage and the unions are going to have to accept a drastic reduction in their wages and benefits if they want to continue working. The Unions cannot continue striking our companies out of business and expect to continue working. It does NOT work that way.
Hey Jim. You want to cut union wages and lower the minimum wage, that is just part of the equation. How about cutting corporate profits to make it equitable. Then taxes would have to be cut for everyone. It would appear you want everyone to sacrifice except the corporations.

Fort Campbell, TN

#37 Dec 27, 2010
Lon Rocke wrote:
<quoted text>You said, "You think you are worth more money then fine. Go out and start up your own business. Then you can make all of the money you are worth. If you go bust within the first year then that is exactly what you are worth. ZERO." Not right. U.S.A. is only about twenty percent sociopaths according to a recent report. You are correct in a case where we ALL (100 percent)are sociopaths (Psychopaths). To get an idea of what your ideal situation might be just check out some of our more serious prison lockups. Note the high level of psychopaths. Note the lack of intelligent people working for the betterment of society. Note the high number of people working only to improve their own condition.
AND

Exactly what has any of this to do with what I posted?

Fort Campbell, TN

#38 Dec 27, 2010
Roger Charles Courtney wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Jim. You want to cut union wages and lower the minimum wage, that is just part of the equation. How about cutting corporate profits to make it equitable. Then taxes would have to be cut for everyone. It would appear you want everyone to sacrifice except the corporations.
Actually this is an incorrect assumption since the corporations can only survive on a 30% profit margin.

When we allow the market to push wages corporations will be forced by those in their labor force to pay a fair wage.

Not too many years ago I worked for a company that was having a problem keeping employees. Then management increased our wages and we started keeping qualified personnel.

When the marker drives prices corporations are only able to sell their products for whatever amount of money the consumers are willing to pay for them. If consumers are unwilling or unable to pay what a corporation is charging the corporations will be forced to reduce it's prices or else go out of business.

These are facts of doing business and that is why as wages are reduced prices for goods and services are also reduced to where the individual buying power is increased. As your money becomes more valuable you are able to buy more using less money. This is also an economic FACT.

Keeping it real

United States

#39 Dec 27, 2010
Roger Charles Courtney wrote:
All of you seem to be missing the point. Obama is a marxist, muslim and was placed into the presidenticy of the United States by George Soros and his ilk to destroy the capatilist system. In the very first post AMN wrote " This administration put all of their time and effort into passing socialized medical monster that will never be due to lack of funding. Had they used that time to address jobs we might be pulling out of this depression". As I stated above, this depression is part of the plan to destroy our way of life here in America.
If the "medical monster will never be", what is your issue?

George W. Bush put this country in the quagmire it is in today, not Obama. Two unsustainable "wars" are driving the US economy into the ground. I do agree with you that the Obama Administration should have been focused on the economy, though. As I recall, he named Biden to be in charge of job creation.

HaHaHa.

Clinton/Obama 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sheila Jackson-Lee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Confident Texas Dems Lay Down General-Election ... Sep 12 paddyomalley 1
News Maxine Waters: 'The tea party can go straight t... (Aug '11) Jul '16 Sheol 3
News Lynch vote: Why Cruz skipped and McConnell vote... (Apr '15) Jul '16 swedenforever 9
News Condolences pour in after Harris County Commiss... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Francois Pharts 3
News The increasing uselessness of speaking on the H... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 1
News Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee defends Obama with bord... (Jan '15) Aug '15 SourKraut 6
News 2 US Congresswomen support #BringBackourGirls c... (Aug '15) Aug '15 SaveOurMoronSheila 22
More from around the web