job_20101218110159_JPG

job_20101218110159_JPG

There are 38 comments on the WLUK-TV Green Bay story from Dec 18, 2010, titled job_20101218110159_JPG. In it, WLUK-TV Green Bay reports that:

Unemployment benefits will be restored for millions of Americans under the tax-cut measure President Barack Obama signed into law Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLUK-TV Green Bay.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

AMN

Since: Sep 08

Sacramento, CA

#1 Dec 19, 2010
This administration put all of their time and effort into passing socialized medical monster that will never be due to lack of funding. Had they used that time to address jobs we might be pulling out of this depression.

Small business are closing up because they cannot get loans (even though guaranteed in the stimulus, banks did not get the money).

Unbalanced trade balance that has been occurring for YEARS might have been addressed...

The idea of increasing taxes or as DC puts it "environmental protections" has not helped either.

This is not a issue of laziness this is a issue of fewer jobs and the decreasing opportunities out there.
Lon Rocke

Chico, CA

#2 Dec 19, 2010
Why not slowly phase out the amount given to these folks unemployed for these long last two years? A sudden stop would have been wrong. Endless payments are also questionable.

AMN

Sacramento, CA

#3 Dec 19, 2010
Lon Rocke wrote:
Why not slowly phase out the amount given to these folks unemployed for these long last two years? A sudden stop would have been wrong. Endless payments are also questionable.
unemployment has become the new welfare .... except these people WERE workers and in most cases would prefer to be agian...

Since: Apr 07

Fort Campbell, TN

#4 Dec 19, 2010
There is an answer. Only most people are not going to like it.

We must eliminate all corporate and business taxes along with the minimum wage. As the minimum wage is reduced by the job market more and more Americans will be able to return to work. I foresee an average wage of about $2.00 to $2.25 an hour. This is a reality we are all going to have to face. it is either that our see more and more Americans lose their jobs, homes and families.

Like I said there are those who will not like this but we really DO NOT have any other choice.

My name is Jim Hayden and I am the next American President.
FB Jim Hayden for President in 2012

AMN

Sacramento, CA

#5 Dec 19, 2010
I think that you are just a little extreme Jim but I do agree that we need some major adjustments and theses adjustments are not going to be easy to swallow.

We need to protect our boarders and deport ALL illegals. The costs of illegals are killing us.

Reduce pay to all civil servants including retirees. Post salary information on ALL civil servants on the front of the building they work in. Tax payers should have easy access to ALL expenditures.

we do need a major tax overhaul for all! US companies that use overseas labor and materials will pay higher taxes than companies that perform operations here. If we cut government to a realistic size, taxes would be minimal.

Do away with lobbyists or better known as the bribery team.

implement true "fair trading" policies for once. if foreign countries want to play the extreme cheap labor game then we place high tariffs on them or refuse to trade at all....keep in mind that America can be self-sufficient.

lets audit the Federal Reserve and then do away with it.

Pull out of the United Nations.

just for starters ....

Fort Campbell, TN

#6 Dec 19, 2010
AMN wrote:
I think that you are just a little extreme Jim but I do agree that we need some major adjustments and theses adjustments are not going to be easy to swallow.
We need to protect our boarders and deport ALL illegals. The costs of illegals are killing us.
Reduce pay to all civil servants including retirees. Post salary information on ALL civil servants on the front of the building they work in. Tax payers should have easy access to ALL expenditures.
we do need a major tax overhaul for all! US companies that use overseas labor and materials will pay higher taxes than companies that perform operations here. If we cut government to a realistic size, taxes would be minimal.
Do away with lobbyists or better known as the bribery team.
implement true "fair trading" policies for once. if foreign countries want to play the extreme cheap labor game then we place high tariffs on them or refuse to trade at all....keep in mind that America can be self-sufficient.
lets audit the Federal Reserve and then do away with it.
Pull out of the United Nations.
just for starters ....
And you think I'm just a little extreme.

However I do agree with most of what you said.

So far I am the only candidate or possible candidate with the actual combat training and experience to completely close down our borders so no more illegals are able to enter illegally. I am also the only candidate or possible candidate with a workable plan for evicting the Illegals that are already here and that includes their illegal children. Those that do not leave before I take office will find themselves wearing a bright orange paper bag over their naked bodies and if the bags fail to cover everything well that is just too darn bad they have been warned. As they are marched across the border barefoot or put aboard ships.

As far as fair trade we must reduce our wages. We cannot continue to try to compete with other countries at the expense of the American people. Face a reality when we put tariffs upon imports those tariffs are only paid for by the American who buy the stuff with the tariff attached to them. Not the company that makes the products and surely not the importer who buys it cheap and sells it to American retailers at a profit. The only plausible answer is to cut off trade with those countries until they bring their wages up with ours. Since we are one of the largest purchasers of Chines goods, guess who will be hurt the most by this kind of a move? The same is true with Mexico. If we cut of our imports for those countries it will not be long before they bring their wages up while we let ours fall.

This will benefit not only American workers in the form of jobs but it will force the costs of goods and services back down. We no longer have a choice. We have allowed the Union to force labor cost up to where the only country that is able to take them is here. No other country is able to pay the artificially inflated union costs.

Drink The Hive

Orlando, FL

#7 Dec 19, 2010
Jim Hayden wrote:
<quoted text>
And you think I'm just a little extreme.
However I do agree with most of what you said.
So far I am the only candidate or possible candidate with the actual combat training and experience to completely close down our borders so no more illegals are able to enter illegally. I am also the only candidate or possible candidate with a workable plan for evicting the Illegals that are already here and that includes their illegal children. Those that do not leave before I take office will find themselves wearing a bright orange paper bag over their naked bodies and if the bags fail to cover everything well that is just too darn bad they have been warned. As they are marched across the border barefoot or put aboard ships.
As far as fair trade we must reduce our wages. We cannot continue to try to compete with other countries at the expense of the American people. Face a reality when we put tariffs upon imports those tariffs are only paid for by the American who buy the stuff with the tariff attached to them. Not the company that makes the products and surely not the importer who buys it cheap and sells it to American retailers at a profit. The only plausible answer is to cut off trade with those countries until they bring their wages up with ours. Since we are one of the largest purchasers of Chines goods, guess who will be hurt the most by this kind of a move? The same is true with Mexico. If we cut of our imports for those countries it will not be long before they bring their wages up while we let ours fall.
This will benefit not only American workers in the form of jobs but it will force the costs of goods and services back down. We no longer have a choice. We have allowed the Union to force labor cost up to where the only country that is able to take them is here. No other country is able to pay the artificially inflated union costs.
This Is My Gift 4 You Mr President.

&fe ature=related

Fort Campbell, TN

#8 Dec 19, 2010
Drink The Hive wrote:
<quoted text>
This Is My Gift 4 You Mr President.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =am3cWfjgosEXX&feature=rel ated
Sorry but that ain't my bag. I like living in the real world too much.

Roger Charles Courtney

Puryear, TN

#9 Dec 19, 2010
All of you seem to be missing the point. Obama is a marxist, muslim and was placed into the presidenticy of the United States by George Soros and his ilk to destroy the capatilist system. In the very first post AMN wrote " This administration put all of their time and effort into passing socialized medical monster that will never be due to lack of funding. Had they used that time to address jobs we might be pulling out of this depression". As I stated above, this depression is part of the plan to destroy our way of life here in America.

AMN

Sacramento, CA

#10 Dec 19, 2010
Roger Charles Courtney wrote:
All of you seem to be missing the point. Obama is a marxist, muslim and was placed into the presidenticy of the United States by George Soros and his ilk to destroy the capatilist system. In the very first post AMN wrote " This administration put all of their time and effort into passing socialized medical monster that will never be due to lack of funding. Had they used that time to address jobs we might be pulling out of this depression". As I stated above, this depression is part of the plan to destroy our way of life here in America.
agreed! this in not just about Obama this is about truing this country around and taking it back from the anti-American forces in our government who are funded by the likes of Soros...
Lon Rocke

Chico, CA

#11 Dec 19, 2010
AMN wrote:
<quoted text>
unemployment has become the new welfare .... except these people WERE workers and in most cases would prefer to be agian...
All of my savings went into my ocean view yuppie style home. I would "prefer" that it again would be worth more than it is now. Instead it's worth half of its earlier value and Obama will be wanting twenty per cent of any profit realized. I've lost a fortune that I worked for. Lost the house and have not received some silly check from the government just because I want one. Most of all, I haven't received a free check for two years and now will be getting one for another two years. I'm not saying that these losers who have sucked up on two years of government checks are losers. It's just that they don't seem all that Special.

AMN

Sacramento, CA

#12 Dec 19, 2010
Lon Rocke wrote:
<quoted text>All of my savings went into my ocean view yuppie style home. I would "prefer" that it again would be worth more than it is now. Instead it's worth half of its earlier value and Obama will be wanting twenty per cent of any profit realized. I've lost a fortune that I worked for. Lost the house and have not received some silly check from the government just because I want one. Most of all, I haven't received a free check for two years and now will be getting one for another two years. I'm not saying that these losers who have sucked up on two years of government checks are losers. It's just that they don't seem all that Special.
first of all you must distinguish between those who over bought and those who have lost their jobs as a result of the economic downturn. The first group I do not feel sorry for the second I do. As business are closing their doors for good I do not see new business replacing them. So what is the answer? For those who cannot find work the options are grim. Capital is scarce and many jobs are not coming back. Yet i agree that we cannot keep paying for the unemployed but separate the unemployed who want to work from the "perpetual welfare recipients" and those who overbought.

“Taste great in milk!”

Since: Aug 08

#13 Dec 19, 2010
Jim Hayden wrote:
There is an answer. Only most people are not going to like it.
We must eliminate all corporate and business taxes along with the minimum wage. As the minimum wage is reduced by the job market more and more Americans will be able to return to work. I foresee an average wage of about $2.00 to $2.25 an hour. This is a reality we are all going to have to face. it is either that our see more and more Americans lose their jobs, homes and families.
Like I said there are those who will not like this but we really DO NOT have any other choice.
Hi Jim, interesting post, but in that 'I am" quip, You probably should have said, "I might just be" the next Ameicam president.

You better stand in line, as I'm running for President as well.

Register Rodent Party, Vote For the Bunny!

Commander Bunny in 2012!
Lon Rocke

Chico, CA

#14 Dec 20, 2010
AMN wrote:
<quoted text>
first of all you must distinguish between those who over bought and those who have lost their jobs as a result of the economic downturn. The first group I do not feel sorry for the second I do. As business are closing their doors for good I do not see new business replacing them. So what is the answer? For those who cannot find work the options are grim. Capital is scarce and many jobs are not coming back. Yet i agree that we cannot keep paying for the unemployed but separate the unemployed who want to work from the "perpetual welfare recipients" and those who overbought.
Both situations are, "a result of the economic downturn." Is your "thinking" so Concrete that you can't see that. I recall the last time I listened to "Glen Beck" several years ago he was "explaining", just as you have, the reason that homeowners are responsible for their own plight.
Shady Lady

United States

#16 Dec 20, 2010
In the first depression men were paid to work for the checks they recieved. It was the WPA. Now the Unions have taken over all the jobs, and there is nothing the Government can give people to do, so they do nothing. Jobs will open up after they are sure the Democrats cannot do any more anti-Jobs legislation.

AMN

Sacramento, CA

#17 Dec 20, 2010
Lon Rocke wrote:
<quoted text>Both situations are, "a result of the economic downturn." Is your "thinking" so Concrete that you can't see that. I recall the last time I listened to "Glen Beck" several years ago he was "explaining", just as you have, the reason that homeowners are responsible for their own plight.
NO.... The first group overbought and were lent money they could not pay back on homes that were not worth the amount lent.

Now you have people who are underemployed and unemployed who are just trying to make ends meet. This is due to the economy contracting. Lets face it, this economy has been expanding on easy credit for too long. When credit is no longer an option, you are not going to have growth or even maintenance, you are going to have contraction.

This contraction will hurt those who had purchased withing their means for if they lose a job (or even 1 of 2 in a house hold) making ends meet is going to be difficult.

The bottom line is that there are fewer jobs out their today than there were 2 years ago. there are fewer viable businesses out there today than there were 2 years ago. The only people who are smug enough to look down on the people who were working and are struggling to make ends meet are retired and active civil servants...... but your day is coming....

Fort Campbell, TN

#18 Dec 20, 2010
Shady Lady wrote:
In the first depression men were paid to work for the checks they recieved. It was the WPA. Now the Unions have taken over all the jobs, and there is nothing the Government can give people to do, so they do nothing. Jobs will open up after they are sure the Democrats cannot do any more anti-Jobs legislation.
May I add.

When we take the number of people on welfare + the number of people receiving unemployment benefits + the number of people who are homeless we end up with just about 45% of our workforce is currently unemployed. When talking about the unemployment rate we have to look at all of those who are unemployed and not just a select few.

In America the unemployment rate during the Great Depression reached nearly 25% at its peak. We have almost doubled that number of unemployed today.

If things continue the way they are we are about to see 55% to 70% of our work force unemployed and everything the Obama Administration and the Democrats have and are going to come up with will only make things worse. We are NOT going to be able to spend our way out of this one, just as we were not able to spend our way out of the last depression.

Lon Rocke

Chico, CA

#19 Dec 21, 2010
AMN wrote:
<quoted text>
NO.... The first group overbought and were lent money they could not pay back on homes that were not worth the amount lent.
Now you have people who are underemployed and unemployed who are just trying to make ends meet. This is due to the economy contracting. Lets face it, this economy has been expanding on easy credit for too long. When credit is no longer an option, you are not going to have growth or even maintenance, you are going to have contraction.
This contraction will hurt those who had purchased withing their means for if they lose a job (or even 1 of 2 in a house hold) making ends meet is going to be difficult.
The bottom line is that there are fewer jobs out their today than there were 2 years ago. there are fewer viable businesses out there today than there were 2 years ago. The only people who are smug enough to look down on the people who were working and are struggling to make ends meet are retired and active civil servants...... but your day is coming....
No need to watch Glenn Beck. You're doing a fine job of quoting him and NO ccommercials.

AMN

Sacramento, CA

#20 Dec 21, 2010
Lon Rocke

being a useless civil servant has allowed you to make much more than you are worth with high job security.... that is coming to an end worthless....

when your worthless a$$ hit the unemployment line or your reduced retirement does not provide basics what are you going to do worthless???... you have never had to truly work for it......
Lon Rocke

Chico, CA

#21 Dec 21, 2010
AMN wrote:
Lon Rocke
being a useless civil servant has allowed you to make much more than you are worth with high job security.... that is coming to an end worthless....
when your worthless **** hit the unemployment line or your reduced retirement does not provide basics what are you going to do worthless???... you have never had to truly work for it......
You're looking up someone's skirt but it's not mine. I never said I'm a civil servant. At least for the last three decades. I have my own little business. One reason I quit civil service was that I was often working ten hour days and was not getting paid for it all. No overtime.
My evaluation is that you are a Dull Normal individual with limited skills and a great deal of anger. I won't use the word Pathetic because, as you know, I'm a gentleman.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sheila Jackson-Lee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Maxine Waters: 'The tea party can go straight t... (Aug '11) Oct '16 Serial Marriage T... 4
News Confident Texas Dems Lay Down General-Election ... Oct '16 Mayor McGhetto 4
News Lynch vote: Why Cruz skipped and McConnell vote... (Apr '15) Jul '16 swedenforever 9
News Condolences pour in after Harris County Commiss... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Francois Pharts 3
News The increasing uselessness of speaking on the H... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 1
News Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee defends Obama with bord... (Jan '15) Aug '15 SourKraut 6
News 2 US Congresswomen support #BringBackourGirls c... (Aug '15) Aug '15 SaveOurMoronSheila 22
More from around the web