Resolution honoring Jackson faces GOP...

Resolution honoring Jackson faces GOP opposition

There are 80 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Jul 8, 2009, titled Resolution honoring Jackson faces GOP opposition. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee may have trouble keeping the promise she made at Michael Jackson's public memorial for a House resolution that "forever" honors the late pop star.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
no way

Italy

#1 Jul 8, 2009
The guy was a creepy, child molester who was was rich enough to buy his way out of jail.

Don't honor this guy.

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

#2 Jul 8, 2009
He will have to get in line behind truly great musicians, and peformers not charged with child molestation such as Bach, The Beatles, Elvis, Louis Armstrong, etc...they were truly great...and yet no resolution honoring them has occured has it?
Cecile

Bayonne, NJ

#3 Jul 8, 2009
I think that the whole thing was blown out of proportion...!
Day Hiker

Novato, CA

#4 Jul 8, 2009
Any of you who worship this creep need to ask yourself one question. Would you allow your child to be alone with him?
taxpayerlc

United States

#5 Jul 8, 2009
Where is the resolution for a decorated marine pilot and retired general that died the same week...ed mcman

“Registered & Dangerous”

Since: Jan 09

Milford, CT

#6 Jul 8, 2009
I wouldn't go so far as to say he "healed the hearts of the world on behalf of America."

LOL That's a bit much.
Bozosrus

Monterey, CA

#7 Jul 8, 2009
Only Republicans are against this? How far the Democratic party has fallen. Next thing you will tell me that Ted Kennedy cheated on his wife and killed a woman at a bridge crossing. Shocking I say, just shocking.
Eug

Watsonville, CA

#8 Jul 8, 2009
Only the GOP opposes this? I think most people in the United States would oppose this. Doesn't Congress have more important issues to consider?
RIP

United States

#9 Jul 8, 2009
Day Hiker wrote:
Any of you who worship this creep need to ask yourself one question. Would you allow your child to be alone with him?
First of all those charges were thrown out in a court of law, and how dare you dump on someone who is dead and no longer able to defend himself. You talk about pedophiles but you show the same type of cowardice that a pedophile would!
manny

San Francisco, CA

#10 Jul 8, 2009
RIP wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all those charges were thrown out in a court of law, and how dare you dump on someone who is dead and no longer able to defend himself. You talk about pedophiles but you show the same type of cowardice that a pedophile would!
this pervert had to pay $20,000,000.00 to a little boy as result of a suit (settlement). he acknowledged that he slept with children. are you so shallow that you can ignor that? hope you never have children.
AVA

Lyman, SC

#11 Jul 8, 2009
This is ridiculous...whoever votes for this should be thrown out of office.
Pica Noir

Toronto, Canada

#12 Jul 9, 2009
Methinks that Ms Jackson Lee needs a refresher course on the Constitution--particularly the part about freedom of speech.

As ignorant as Mr King's comments were, he was perfectly entitled to make them without some political hack like Ms Jackson Lee falsely accusing him of violating some non-existent Constitutional rule.
Thats Funny

AOL

#15 Jul 9, 2009
AVA wrote:
This is ridiculous...whoever votes for this should be thrown out of office.
I agree - the man was a freak.
Why waste money we dont have?
This whole thing stinks of Al Sharpton
Bozosrus

Monterey, CA

#18 Jul 9, 2009
RIP wrote:
<quoted text>
The first kid that he was accused of molesting was paid $20 million dollars to drop the charges. Sounds like an "innocent Man" to me.
newguy40

Los Banos, CA

#19 Jul 9, 2009
Goodness...

The title of the article should read "Resolution honoring Jackson faces opposition for those with a shred of common sense"

Really? Are all our countries problems no fixed that these fools have the time to mess with this crud?

If we, as a country want to honor a hero. A REAL hero, let's try Michael Monsoor.

http://www.navy.mil/moh/monsoor/
PEACE

San Francisco, CA

#20 Jul 9, 2009
RIP wrote:
<quoted text>
Higher standards are required for a society to work. Honoring some 'pop star' freak who slept with little boys is pandering to the lowest standards. Al Sharpton only wants to honor him because of his previous skin color and because the little boys were all white.
Reality Check

Santa Rosa, CA

#21 Jul 9, 2009
Eug wrote:
Only the GOP opposes this? I think most people in the United States would oppose this. Doesn't Congress have more important issues to consider?
Exactly. You'd think, that we weren't involved in two wars and facing trillion dollar deficits. And Congress wastes time on THIS?!
Did anyone elect their congressperson to 'honor forever and ever' an entertainer? Ridiculous.
SC Taxpayer

Hollister, CA

#22 Jul 9, 2009
Will we be honoring all of the other child molesters in California? This is just too stupid for legislators who have much more important things to do than to honor some untalented pop singer.
LC REALTOR

United States

#23 Jul 9, 2009
Why are politicians wasting time on this sort of thing?

We have 2 wars to finish, 2 countries pursuing nuclear weapons that must be stopped, and a train wreck economy to put back on track!!

THEY NEED TO GET BACK TO WORK ON THE ISSUES THEY WERE ELECTED FOR!
Goddess of Democracy

Vineburg, CA

#24 Jul 9, 2009
Bozosrus wrote:
Only Republicans are against this? How far the Democratic party has fallen. Next thing you will tell me that Ted Kennedy cheated on his wife and killed a woman at a bridge crossing. Shocking I say, just shocking.
If Ted had been driving a Volkswagen he would have been president!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sheila Jackson-Lee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Global backlash grows against Trump's immigrati... 37 min Alt Right Scholar 2,463
News Maxine Waters: 'The tea party can go straight t... (Aug '11) Feb 11 RustyS 15
News Black Caucus members storm Senate floor to prot... Feb 9 okimar 2
News Florida Democrats walkout in protest of House t... Feb 1 o see the light 1
News 10 Things to Know for Tuesday Jan 31 RustyS 15
News Democrats Take Protests to High Court Jan 31 o see the light 1
News Confident Texas Dems Lay Down General-Election ... Oct '16 Mayor McGhetto 4
More from around the web