Congressman Scott DesJarlais spends $224,000 on mailings

There are 31 comments on the Knoxville News Sentinel story from Mar 14, 2012, titled Congressman Scott DesJarlais spends $224,000 on mailings. In it, Knoxville News Sentinel reports that:

He's scrimping on most office expenses, but U.S. Rep. Scott DesJarlais, R-Tenn., ranked No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Knoxville News Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
connie

Manchester, TN

#1 Mar 20, 2012
I read the article and since I am "from a less educated district" his words not mine, I regreat my vote for him.What a jack--- thing to say.
jc

Jasper, TN

#2 Mar 20, 2012
connie wrote:
I read the article and since I am "from a less educated district" his words not mine, I regreat my vote for him.What a jack--- thing to say.
Omg we all must be retards
oso

Jasper, TN

#3 Mar 20, 2012
We are from a "less educated" area. Doesn't mean we're stupid. That means the level of education..(Elementary, High School Diploma, GED, 2 year degree, 4 year, masters or doctorate)..

I think we all know plenty of college educated folks who are dim and plenty of people with a HS diploma or GED who are sharp as a tack. I don't think the congressman's comment was meant to be an insult.
oso

Jasper, TN

#4 Mar 20, 2012
After actually finding the article you're talking about, seems you're wrong. He didn't say that. A professor from Vanderbilt did. And again, it's not an insult.
haha

Fayetteville, NC

#5 Mar 21, 2012
Everyone who voted for him are ignorant!
lover

Chattanooga, TN

#6 Mar 23, 2012
oso wrote:
After actually finding the article you're talking about, seems you're wrong. He didn't say that. A professor from Vanderbilt did. And again, it's not an insult.
Wow did you get a free trip to Isreal?Zionist shill.......
oso

Jasper, TN

#7 Mar 23, 2012
lover - What, in any way, did my comment give you the idea I was a zionist?

Wow.

And haha - Do you vote Dem cause thats how daddy votes? Think for yourself.
haha

Charlotte, NC

#8 Mar 24, 2012
oso, I do think for myself! I am a republican, and I would never ever vote for that SOB I vote for the person who will do the job. Please don't assume anything about me, it only makes an ASS out of you
OMG

Chattanooga, TN

#9 Mar 24, 2012
connie wrote:
OMG the doctor is franking Tina Pryor
at least

Dunlap, TN

#10 Mar 25, 2012
At least DesJarlais voted against the Indefinite detention act (NDAA) and against SOPA (Internet killing bill).
the obsever

Chattanooga, TN

#11 Apr 16, 2015
Hmmmm? It seems that Desjarlais needs to get order in his Washington D.C. office as well as his doctor's office in Jasper. Word is they are loosing patrons by the droves and he is having trouble paying his bills there as well.
tom wingo

Katy, TX

#12 Apr 16, 2015
The stamps had adhesive banks so the Licking was not required but that meant the mail man had wet fingers from the snow
footlong and then sum

Chattanooga, TN

#13 Apr 16, 2015
Hey Amy, any time you decide that you are ready for a REAL MAN just post it here okay baby?*wink*
tom wingo

Katy, TX

#14 Apr 16, 2015
$2.24 for stamps is a bargain but that meant there was more free funds to buy chips and a tank of gas
footlong and then sum

Chattanooga, TN

#15 Apr 16, 2015
footlong and then sum wrote:
Hey Amy, any time you decide that you are ready for a REAL MAN just post it here okay baby?*wink*
A woman like you should have a man that is drop dead brutally handsome. I have all my hair and no one has ever said that I look like Homer Simpson on a real bad day. I can even be a ONE WOMAN man too.
tom wingo

Katy, TX

#16 Apr 16, 2015
This a lot to spend on this but that also included fish six for the team and new bird seed but that band was playing and the drummer was drinking water
just saying

Chattanooga, TN

#17 Apr 16, 2015
connie wrote:
I also read the article, and he is no more than an educated idiot.
Christaliban

Lansdale, PA

#18 Apr 16, 2015
Less educated compared to what?

(If he used the $224,000 to redecorate his office in a "Downton Abbey" theme then he can stay. In the closet.)
tom wingo

Katy, TX

#19 Apr 16, 2015
The coats were not packed from the closet so $224 was spent at the food store and the glass broke setting off the alarm but they had weapons cleared
did a lil digging

Chattanooga, TN

#20 Apr 16, 2015
And gonna do way more...http://en.wikipedia.org /wiki/Scott_DesJarlais

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Representative Scott DesJarlais Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tennessee Republican who pressured mistress to ... 14 hr Slender Man 8
News Representative Fincher's Aide is Mean to Children Dec '14 kuda 4
News Hypocrite GOPer gets comeuppance: "Our district... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Billy 1
News 'House of Scandal' haunts GOP (Jul '14) Sep '14 Cricket 23 177
News Why Do Voters Love Hypocrites? (Aug '14) Aug '14 CANT ADD 1
News Questions surround outcome of Monroe County she... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Johnny 1
News Rep. DesJarlais holds on in Tenn. despite scandals (Aug '14) Aug '14 Le Jimbo 1
More from around the web