Permit instructor explains Tennessee ...

Permit instructor explains Tennessee hand gun laws

There are 7 comments on the WBIR-TV Knoxville story from Dec 29, 2011, titled Permit instructor explains Tennessee hand gun laws. In it, WBIR-TV Knoxville reports that:

The arrest of an East Tennessee woman in New York City for bringing a hand gun to the September 11th Memorial is raising questions about Tennessee's hand gun laws.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR-TV Knoxville.

Gun Man

Knoxville, TN

#1 Dec 30, 2011
Bull crap Willaford does not know what he is talking about. I can buy a gun in any state and have it shipped to Tennessee as long as a gun dealer accepts it. I can even buy a hand gun on line.
Another Gun Man

United States

#2 Dec 31, 2011
Agreed. I have bought numerous handguns (Gun Broker & Guns America)on line from other states. You just have to have them shipped to an FFL dealer. There's tons of misinformation regarding guns from so called experts. I recently heard a "firearms instructor" on the Ed and Bob show on 100.3 FM say no one could carry a loaded rifle or shotgun in their vehicle. Mr. "expert" needs to read up on the current law which allows a registered handgun permit holder to have a loaded (cruiser ready/unchambered)shotgun or rifle in their vehicle. This being said, the woman who went to New York carrying is an idiot. It's very clear that several areas of this country are not firearms/self preservation friendly. They would much prefer to mop up your blood and seek some insufficient sentence for your assailant than to allow you the God given right to defend yourself. This is why no one in their right mind should ever spend a minute or dime in those multicultural third world cesspools of diversity.
Bill

United States

#4 Dec 31, 2011
What did williford say?
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#5 Dec 31, 2011
Bill wrote:
What did williford say?
Read the "Full Story" in blue under the thread's title above to see what he said!!
Bill

Louisville, TN

#6 Jan 1, 2012
He told the truth, you are actually buying the gun from the local dealer, not the person out of state. If he was wrong you wouldn't need the dealer, you would really be buying it from someone out of state.
Think again brain trust

United States

#7 Jan 2, 2012
Bill wrote:
He told the truth, you are actually buying the gun from the local dealer, not the person out of state. If he was wrong you wouldn't need the dealer, you would really be buying it from someone out of state.
You are NOT buying the gun from the local dealer. If that were the case, you would not be sending payment to the gun owner. The local dealer only gets a small fee for handling the transfer and collects the State background check fee. More misinformation from another expert.
Tennessee Boy

Knoxville, TN

#8 Jan 8, 2012
I purchased a gun last week. Shipped it to FFL dealer paid $15.00 fee and back ground check and got my gun. Saved over $150.00 on the gun I wanted if I had purchased local.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Representative Scott DesJarlais Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tennessee Republican who pressured mistress to ... Jun 8 swedenforever 17
News Congressman Scott DesJarlais spends $224,000 on... (Mar '12) Apr '15 tom wingo 31
News Representative Fincher's Aide is Mean to Children (Dec '14) Dec '14 kuda 4
News Hypocrite GOPer gets comeuppance: "Our district... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Billy 1
News 'House of Scandal' haunts GOP (Jul '14) Sep '14 Cricket 23 177
News Why Do Voters Love Hypocrites? (Aug '14) Aug '14 CANT ADD 1
News Questions surround outcome of Monroe County she... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Johnny 1
More from around the web