Carnahan Town Hall Turns Into Politic...

Carnahan Town Hall Turns Into Political Shouting Match

There are 16 comments on the Fox2Now story from Aug 6, 2009, titled Carnahan Town Hall Turns Into Political Shouting Match. In it, Fox2Now reports that:

ST. LOUIS COUNTY, MO - The debate over health care reform has moved to South County, and the Town Hall forum held by Congressman Russ Carnahan generated plenty of fireworks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox2Now.

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Aug 7, 2009
Poor coverage. The best video is here and actually shows the thugs being arrested.
I guess it's very clear now who has the mob mentality. It's OK to voice your opinion as long as it's something left-wingers agree with.

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Aug 7, 2009

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Aug 7, 2009
He is taking it in the teeth everywhere he goes, keep up the good work! This jack leg Democrat can go fly a kite next election. Vote the son of a Carnahan out! Isn't that what we hear all those years, how daddy did all the work and he is skating on his coat tails. Well what comes around goes around I say.
DJ Smith

Macon, GA

#4 Aug 7, 2009
Why did your report NOT tell us about the man that was beaten and sent to St. John's Mercy Hospital. I had to hear about that from the NATIONAL news. But, I'm sure you all are fair in your reporting. Bunk. The 'free' press in this country is now destroying it by withholding information.
rev wright

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Aug 7, 2009
sorry, i dont want MY tax dollars to give health coverage to illegal aliens, and to pay for abortions,(oh yeah, THEY ARE included)..This joker told you everything he was going to do, most of you fools voted for him, and now you're shocked...AMERICA DOESNT NEED TO BE "REMADE"

United States

#6 Aug 7, 2009
DJ Smith wrote:
Why did your report NOT tell us about the man that was beaten and sent to St. John's Mercy Hospital. I had to hear about that from the NATIONAL news. But, I'm sure you all are fair in your reporting. Bunk. The 'free' press in this country is now destroying it by withholding information.
Never expect the media to tell the full story. They have always reported according to their preconceptions.

BTW, I'm sure you've also heard the reports of leftist thugs (many union) being bussed in to these meetings all over the country. There are also reports of protesters being physically attacked.
John from Rolla

Jefferson City, MO

#7 Aug 7, 2009
Wouldn't allow protesters with signs to attend?

These guys act like they are not having to run for office again. It won't be long before they start turning on the "little o" to save their chances of running again. I hope we have long enough memories to vote them all out when the election year retoric changes. I can hear it now..."I really wasn't for that bill I was being pressured..." BS BS BS

United States

#8 Aug 7, 2009
The Democratic "release" came in the form of an e mail to Democratic supporters only and you had to print it out to gain enty! Town forum, HUMBUG! Tell it like it is!
Viet Nam Vet

Corsicana, TX

#9 Aug 7, 2009
Pelosi and crew wants members of Congress to think citizens that are protesting are NOT concerned citizens - just a radical part of society.

Talk about our representatives not listening - they are saying that us common folk are just ignorant so they have to do what is right and take care of us. Of course congress has their own health plan and will not have to participate in the proposed "common folk health plan".

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Aug 7, 2009
After Carnahan's people told the police not to allow the taxpayers in with signs the union thugs were allowed in WITH SIGNS and were seated BEFORE the taxpayers were allowed in the doors. Carnahan made this meeting about healthcare. The AARP speaker spoke strictly about how great government run health care will be. He said not one word about seniors, long-term care, or aging. Carnahan is the one that called this a town hall meeting. At a town hall meeting the taxpayers are supposed to have a chance to ask questions and be heard. Carnahan answered one fake question read by his MC. He then ran out the back door to hide.

This was clearly a biased pro-Carnahan story that did not tell the truth about the meeting. At least report the TRUTH, if you even know what that is.

#11 Aug 7, 2009
Obama is wrong, sending violent union thugs to townhall meetings. This is not Chicago! People are seeing what is happening and becoming enraged.

Powder Springs, GA

#12 Aug 8, 2009
Funny how the only people that are mad at this are right wingers. I wonder why??? Cause y'all cant stand that a black man is running the country. Forget his policies, even when something does go right, like getting the reporters back from North Korea, fox news and the right finds a way to make fun of clinton or gore, the men responsible for saving their lives. What do you think would happen if Bush would have gone to get them back? They'd be dead as a doornail. SOCIALIZE HEALTHCARE!!! YAY!!!!!!
paul North Carolina

Lawndale, NC

#13 Aug 8, 2009
you are more then likey on wellfair or liveing with a woman that is and you are looking for something free that is what all Obama supporters want pay my way at the all of us tax payers expeance get a job xxxhole
carmine pete

Montclair, CA

#14 Aug 9, 2009
Typical far left-wing union thuggism. The european commies had lefistu nion thugs commtting violence against opponents. Lenin said this:'attack your opponents skulls instead of their ideas'. Far left acorn/seiu thuggery at its finest. No pleading or asking for justice will do as these acorn/seiu thugs take their marching orders from potus. The ascension of Hitler to power was in response to left wing commie thuggism. left wing thuggery was met with Hilterian brown-shirted storm troopers. The streets of Germany ran red with blood as ghastly acts of violence were committed by both sides. In a matchup today i am afraid that Obamas corps of acorn/seiu street thugs drawn from the lowest dregs of the inner city sewers will bash the prim middle class righteous protestors. This is the playbook of the DNC BTW, and it has been in play as far back as the early Clinton campaines.

Next time bring some Ex-Veteran militia types to protests at St louis SEIU union headquarters or other big city democratic strongholds, to avoid getting your head bashed in.

#15 Aug 9, 2009
lookz like a bunch of republicon cowardz wit big mouthz n attitudez tryin to intimidate and scare peaceful people from meetin.. da obama haterz r nothin but a angry mob of geriatric racist bigotz. they all have a mental seriouz disorder. itz called conservatizm. hitler was a republicon.

#17 Aug 11, 2009
The reason people are getting so angry is the fact that their so-called representatives refuse to answer questions but only parrot adminstration talking points. They apparently don't believe voters have any common sense.

The protestors know you don't get everything for nothing. Our representatives refuse to say, for instance, how they are going to cut five hundred billion from Medicare without cutting services to the elderly. They refuse to say why they continue to say we need to cover 46 million uninsured persons, then say illegals will not receive coverage when even the Dems admit the 46 million includes nearly ten million ndocumented "guests". Oh yes, the dems passed an amendment saying illegals are not included, but then they added the proviso that no documentation need be presented. Hey, another wink and a nod.

Neither to they say the elderly are burning the AARP cards and that the American Medical Asociation represents only a small percentage of physicians and that number is growing lower by the day.

So many lies. No wonder we get angry. It's just very, very sad that our news media fail to ask any pertinent questions, just parrot the administrative line.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russ Carnahan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A Democratic politician goes to jail, now advoc... Sep '15 Cat74 12
News Democrats Say Federal Budget Cuts Will Hurt Col... (Jan '06) May '15 chris 2
News Pelosi tells grads diplomacy should mark U.S. f... (May '07) Dec '13 Shinichiro Takizawa 2
News Jobless hit with bank fees on benefits (Feb '09) Oct '12 Retired Sargent 16
News Missouri GOP 7-1 map: Cracking Kansas City (Jan '12) Jan '12 Doc 1
News Obama raising with Missouri stimulus beneficiary (Sep '11) Sep '11 Will Dockery 2
News Missouri Congressman Carnahan picked to attend ... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Doc 1
More from around the web