4244 Iowa Avenue

4244 Iowa Avenue

There are 1 comment on the St. Louis BlockShopper story from Sep 19, 2009, titled 4244 Iowa Avenue. In it, St. Louis BlockShopper reports that:

County/Region: St. Louis City MO / St. Louis Year built: N/A Builder: N/A Square footage : N/A Square footage : N/A Beds: N/A Baths: N/A Stories: N/A Census Tract: 1156/Mt. Pleasant East High School: St Louis City Political Districts: State Rep.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at St. Louis BlockShopper.

Sandy in the City

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Oct 23, 2009
This is my daughter's home. She and her family are now in Philadelphia where she has a great job. They are anxious to sell this house. She just told me that all genuine and realistic offers would be considered. It would be chance to acquire a historic house in excellent condition at a really good price in this neighborhood which has made its turnaround and is on it's way up.

The view you get on the visual provided isn't really what this house is all about. The deep lot goes from Iowa St. to a historic brick street which branches off S. Broadway with a spit of Minnie Wood Park between the brick street and the home. The wonderful thing about this little park is that is is almost like a big yard for the home as this house is the only one which faces the park. This is a great place for Easter egg hunts.
A great old house, it was built to face the park--not Iowa,its back yard. The home is spacious and somewhat gracious despite some remuddling at an earlier time, to add a full first floor bathroom. There is a great little room off the kitchen where my daughter kept her collection of cooking equipment and cook books and there is a spacious barbecue deck off the kitchen.
Their neighbors are kind, watchful and caring people who even now look out for the home. The mimosa tree was planted when my granddaughter was born.
My artistic daughter stenciled the master bedroom in pastel metallic paints. The adjacent nursery is yellow with white stenciling. They had the old broad oak planks striped on the main floor so you could appreciate them as is or have a clean surface for your own style--Orientals, modern area rugs or even wall to wall. One really great chandelier in the dining room dims for romantic dinners and floods the room with light for working on homework and projects. At $100,000 or less you couldn't do better. Come look at the real front of the house and see what a great historic home could be yours. Bus stop nearby and double car parking just in front of the entrance on the Broadway side.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russ Carnahan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A Democratic politician goes to jail, now advoc... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Cat74 12
News Democrats Say Federal Budget Cuts Will Hurt Col... (Jan '06) May '15 chris 2
News Pelosi tells grads diplomacy should mark U.S. f... (May '07) Dec '13 Shinichiro Takizawa 2
News Jobless hit with bank fees on benefits (Feb '09) Oct '12 Retired Sargent 16
News Missouri GOP 7-1 map: Cracking Kansas City (Jan '12) Jan '12 Doc 1
News Obama raising with Missouri stimulus beneficiary (Sep '11) Sep '11 Will Dockery 2
News Missouri Congressman Carnahan picked to attend ... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Doc 1
More from around the web