Sen. McCaskill Town Hall: LIVE Coverage at 4:30 p.m.

Full story: Fox4KC 59
Sen. Claire McCaskill is back in Missouri on Monday, hosting three more forums on health care reform. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#42 Aug 31, 2009
moberly boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
You Know what Moberly Boy: News Flash-New cause of Global Warming has been Found, it now seems that the Rise in temperatures around the world has been solely caused by hot air being emited from wes from moberly and others in Washington DC know as politicians. That might be a fact and almost believable.
Oldtimer

Columbia, MO

#43 Aug 31, 2009
Yeah wes, that was a lot of hot air, probably escaping gas from an oil well or coal mine....You know I have a name that brings to mind an old west "gunslinger" who claims to have shot 40 men. He said he never shot a man that didn't need it...(except of course the one he accidentally shot for snoring)....when he got out of jail he was an attorney...I wish he was around so we could take turns shooting you....WES.
There will always be stooges like you and "organizations" who will spout myths and lies, including "scientists" because they represent (employed by) those with conflicts of interest with the truth. Can you refer me to an article on that meeting of Nobel Prize winners? How many of them were in enviornmental sciences? How many had conflicts of interest?
I have heard of one spot on earth where ice is actually increasing but overall naaaa...Even John McCain, like thousands of tourists, visited the arctic and was alarmed by the ice caving into the sea. Have you heard about the polar bears or arctic penguins? They are already doomed.
Now I'm telling you to SHUT THE F*&# UP unless you can back up what you have said...I have never heard of your references just like I had never heard of the the "Institute" (Oil lobbiest) that spread a lot of the early denial, lies and myths about "global warming" as it was called then.
I said "the number of hurricanes has doubled IN THE LAST 30 YEARS" you comment was not cogent to that.
It is "climate change" now, if you deny it I have to ask how old you are and where you have lived.
I've already survived enough psychiatric abuse and learned enough healthy psychology to know better than to recommend anybody see a psychiatrist or take psychotrophic drugs. Haven't had a toke or a drink in over a year and do have a very objective and honest point of view.
Don't make me say it again wes....I'd rather shoot you here than let you and your type kill us all.
Jurkey

Fort Madison, IA

#44 Aug 31, 2009
Oldtimer wrote:
Yeah wes, that was a lot of hot air, probably escaping gas from an oil well or coal mine....You know I have a name that brings to mind an old west "gunslinger" who claims to have shot 40 men. He said he never shot a man that didn't need it...(except of course the one he accidentally shot for snoring)....when he got out of jail he was an attorney...I wish he was around so we could take turns shooting you....WES.
There will always be stooges like you and "organizations" who will spout myths and lies, including "scientists" because they represent (employed by) those with conflicts of interest with the truth. Can you refer me to an article on that meeting of Nobel Prize winners? How many of them were in enviornmental sciences? How many had conflicts of interest?
I have heard of one spot on earth where ice is actually increasing but overall naaaa...Even John McCain, like thousands of tourists, visited the arctic and was alarmed by the ice caving into the sea. Have you heard about the polar bears or arctic penguins? They are already doomed.
Now I'm telling you to SHUT THE F*&# UP unless you can back up what you have said...I have never heard of your references just like I had never heard of the the "Institute" (Oil lobbiest) that spread a lot of the early denial, lies and myths about "global warming" as it was called then.
I said "the number of hurricanes has doubled IN THE LAST 30 YEARS" you comment was not cogent to that.
It is "climate change" now, if you deny it I have to ask how old you are and where you have lived.
I've already survived enough psychiatric abuse and learned enough healthy psychology to know better than to recommend anybody see a psychiatrist or take psychotrophic drugs. Haven't had a toke or a drink in over a year and do have a very objective and honest point of view.
Don't make me say it again wes....I'd rather shoot you here than let you and your type kill us all.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz Lets see oldtimer; 48 degrees for a low tonight and its only the last day of August. You have been hugging those tree's way to long. And don't give me any BS about the tropical storms.
oltimer
Jurkey

Fort Madison, IA

#45 Aug 31, 2009
my thoughts wrote:
why thank you jurkey
<quoted text>
Anytime for you MT.
Jurkey

Fort Madison, IA

#46 Aug 31, 2009
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm So all of topic should listen to you? a psyco that has been on drugs..Who spews anger when someone doesn't agree with you? With threats of old outlaws to back him up.
I think you better get in your wabbitt and buzz off oldtime.

Location hidden

#47 Aug 31, 2009
Such violent urges there OT. Maybe you should have quit drinking and toking more than a year ago old boy. Maybe too many brain cells got crossed off before you stopped. What does your therapist say about your tendancies towards such violence. Be careful they might take away your computer privelages at the home your in. I am off to bed now but I will post some more refuting evidence tomorrow at some point.

Location hidden

#48 Aug 31, 2009
By the way think about this. Who benefits most from the Global warming hysteria, the scientist that refute the idea or those that embrass the myth? With no hysteria theres no funding with huge government grants to research the myth. What ever happened to to "ice Age Commeth" theory of the seventies that had everyone panicing back then. Mans pollution was blocking the sun and causing Global Cooling. Now its Global Warming.Sheesh someone make up thier minds, do I buy a fan or buy a blanket?

Location hidden

#49 Aug 31, 2009
If your still out there old timer research this. How much of the earths atmosphere is comprised of CO2 and of that amount how much is comprised of Man made CO2. There will be a test on this sometime tomorrow.
Also research The Oregon Petition. I will dicuss it as well.
slick

Osceola, MO

#50 Sep 1, 2009
I believe it was either June or July 1995 we had twenty days in a row heat alert. Haven't seen a summer near as hot since. Seems like a scientist I once knew told me the global warming issue was still undecided. He claimed the Earth has always ran in cycles and had a way of healing itself. I never questioned him he was the one with the PHD. I just figured oh Al Gore just wanted to make some money since nobody wanted that nut in the White House. Now we got one even worse but that's another topic,lol.

Since: Jul 08

Palm Harbor, FL

#51 Sep 1, 2009
slick wrote:
...I just figured oh Al Gore just wanted to make some money since nobody wanted that nut in the White House...
Actually, the majority of voters wanted him in the White House. Not that I'm a fan, just sayin'.

Location hidden

#52 Sep 1, 2009
Hey there old timer. How are you on this fine 1rst day of September?
Did you do the homework?
If you did you found that the Oregon Petition is Coprised of over 31,400 signatures of American Scientists that dispute the Theory of Global Warming. They all have those letters attached to their names, you know, letters like PHD, MD, BS, and so forth. they are the experts or at least the ones smarter than you and I. They reason I mention the Oregon petition is that it shows that their is no consensus on this matter.
How much CO2 is in the atmosphere? Well CO2 comprises about 350 parts per million or 0.035% of the atmosphere. Of the "Greenhouse" gases water vapor is the most abundant gas. it comprises 96% of the Greenhouse effect. Other Greenhouse gases include CO2, CFCs, CH4, O3, and N2O. of these other gases CO2 is the most important gas. It actually sustains plant life, no CO2, no plant life, no human life. Also without CO2 and other gases causing a greenhouse effect the earth would be a much cooler place, average temps would be about -18 degrees C. pretty cold place. Also of these other gases CO2 contributes the most towards the greenhouse effect. It is responsible for about 3% of the Greenhouse effect. Of this 3% man made CO2 comprises only about 0.025% of that 3%. not much there from man. For references on this I defer you to the Journal of Geophysical Research volume 96, study by R.G. Ellingson, J. Ellis, and S. Fels

Location hidden

#53 Sep 1, 2009
Sorry you have never heard of my references. I feel they are far better experts on our topic of discussion than Al Gore(A Politician), Some old west gunslinger that I cant yet figure out how he plays into this, John McCain(another politician), and PBS.
Guess we will have to agree to disagree.
I never thought I would ever say this but at least the Russians are are being sensible on this matter. Did you here Putins speech on the Global Warming, Climate Change hysteria. And they could have signed on and made millions selling off unused carbon credits.
Oldtimer

Columbia, MO

#54 Sep 1, 2009
WES, from Virginia (coal state) and LA (oil land) and FL (just paranoid I guess), you boys and everybody else reading this need to go to cchr.com and watch thier vidio, "Making a Killing". What you are doing with your counterproductive, unfounded, misleading, myths is trying to make the most massive killing in history - literally and logically for short term profit (or paranoid denial). This video will expose just how much "science" can be bought for a dollar and exactly how it's done.
John WESLEY Hardin must be your relative, not mine, because you are equally self-righteous, amoral, unethical and narcissistic. His neighbors hung about a dozen of his relatives out of hate just after he skipped town. The Texas Rangers pursued him to FL and knocked him out on a train when they caught up with him. He lied about the 40 men. He died (as an atty after prison) when a jealous husband shot him in the back of the head. He was holding aces and eights, the winning hand he thought....
Gentlemen, my IQ per recent tests is in the top 2.5% of all people. An "expert" is a "has-been drip". The info I have given was only summed up by the recent PBS program - we have no appreciable snow here in MO now vs many inches each winter when I was younger. Armadillos are quite common here whereas they only existed in Texas and south by my observation before 1965. I have been observing this trend and the honest scientific news about it for over 50 years. We are in an abberation to the trend this summer.
You make me feel like Mohammed Ali and the Lone Ranger all in one....
We don't need you here anyhow...
People Please watch that video and start watching PBS and any other honest news you can on climate change. Waste not (so we will) want not.
Legalize cannabis, outlaw psychotrophics = fix our economy and keep preservation of the species as your underlying guiding principle - it should be instinctive.
Oldtimer

Columbia, MO

#55 Sep 1, 2009
BTW, I have no conflicts of interests since I have been retired for about 7.5 years and a rather objective, vs subjective, point of view.
The truth may hurt but not near as bad as the consequenses of denial.
I have been rather scientifically minded for the last 58 years and observed by visiting or living in places from NY to Tiajuana, San Fran to Key West, LA to DC, MS, LA, IL, AR, NJ, most of the other 48, Canada, Mexico, all of Western Europe, England, Brazil, Hong Kong and China...who ya gonna believe?
I am, in order since birth, a Christian, amateur scientist, Boy Scout, Musician, NH Orderly, Music counterman and teacher, Veteran, Electronic Tech, Systems Analyst, Father, Farmer, IBEW retiree, O/O 30 yr business serving everyone from starving artists and the public to the President of the USA.
How about those references for your "scientific evidence" wesley? It don't matter whether I liked it or not, you just refused to supply the proof...like the politician you are.
I believe this forum started out on healthcare, so after you read this folks, please be civil and productive in getting this thieving industry under control.
Remeber per Stephen Hawkins (possibly the most respected scientist in the world today) We must put COOPERATION before aggression (competition)or we are doomed. He is optimistic though....'course he is confined to a chair and can only communicate via computer, God bless him and us if we can use our superpowers of instantaneous communications to avert disaster.

Since: Jul 08

Palm Harbor, FL

#56 Sep 2, 2009
Wes, you're as full of hot air as anyone I've seen in a while, and the pride you display in your campaign of ignorance and misinformation is astounding. I don't know whether you're easily led as a result of naivety, or willfully ignorant. I suspect the former, but the latter is much worse.

By the way, the "Oregon Petition" is widely viewed by the scientific community as a fraud, mere propaganda financed by petrochemical companies.
moberly boy

Sedalia, MO

#57 Sep 3, 2009
Oldtimer wrote:
BTW, I have no conflicts of interests since I have been retired for about 7.5 years and a rather objective, vs subjective, point of view.
The truth may hurt but not near as bad as the consequenses of denial.
I have been rather scientifically minded for the last 58 years and observed by visiting or living in places from NY to Tiajuana, San Fran to Key West, LA to DC, MS, LA, IL, AR, NJ, most of the other 48, Canada, Mexico, all of Western Europe, England, Brazil, Hong Kong and China...who ya gonna believe?
I am, in order since birth, a Christian, amateur scientist, Boy Scout, Musician, NH Orderly, Music counterman and teacher, Veteran, Electronic Tech, Systems Analyst, Father, Farmer, IBEW retiree, O/O 30 yr business serving everyone from starving artists and the public to the President of the USA.
How about those references for your "scientific evidence" wesley? It don't matter whether I liked it or not, you just refused to supply the proof...like the politician you are.
I believe this forum started out on healthcare, so after you read this folks, please be civil and productive in getting this thieving industry under control.
Remeber per Stephen Hawkins (possibly the most respected scientist in the world today) We must put COOPERATION before aggression (competition)or we are doomed. He is optimistic though....'course he is confined to a chair and can only communicate via computer, God bless him and us if we can use our superpowers of instantaneous communications to avert disaster.
WES.... a politician?? bwa ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!
Oldtimer

Columbia, MO

#58 Sep 3, 2009
Ya know, I have never read the definition of politician, to me it's a person that talks out both sides of thier mouth to gain approval and favor from others. That's why I don't call elected officials politicians, I keep hoping they will rise to the occasion...and deserve thier actual titles. Sadly, I can only see the slightest moves in the right direction since 1968.
In any case, let's all be respectful and productive in communicating with and about them and see if it helps.
Hopefully we can now forget wes and efficiently quash the counterproductive. We REALLY don't have much time to drastically reduce our output of harmful emissions, while conserving our resources and solving our economic problems...including healthcare. Water, Food, Shelter and Healthcare are pretty much the top four prioities of mankind....all else is luxury. Please start thinking about US and doing GOOD (w/o harmful side effects or repercussions)things at all times....it will become routine. Social responsibility - to mankind. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Do a (maybe more!) good turn daily. Don't waste anything - time, air, water, fuel, or anything else. Share with nieghbors and those who can use anything you're not using.
Lastly, "First do no harm" - Observe, the first step in studing anything. Speak up when you have something possibly productive to say.
test

Saint Louis, MO

#59 Sep 5, 2009
test
Oldtimer

Columbia, MO

#60 Sep 8, 2009
Hey STL, whatcha' testin'?
to all: "You can't always get what ya' want....but if you try sometimes, you just might find....you get whatchou need...." Stones, of course.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russ Carnahan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pelosi tells grads diplomacy should mark U.S. f... (May '07) Dec '13 Shinichiro Takizawa 2
Jobless hit with bank fees on benefits (Feb '09) Oct '12 Retired Sargent 16
Missouri GOP 7-1 map: Cracking Kansas City (Jan '12) Jan '12 Doc 1
Obama raising with Missouri stimulus beneficiary (Sep '11) Sep '11 Will Dockery 2
Missouri Congressman Carnahan picked to attend ... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Doc 1
Iranian dissidents in Iraq want refuge in 3rd c... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Tom 10
Readers have scorn for Carnahan and Clay - but ... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Viva MJ 3
More from around the web