Cleaver, Others Target of Threats After Health Care Vote

Full story: Fox4KC 7
A fax bearing the image of a noose. A bullet through a window. Bricks thrown, a gas line cut. Full Story
tom

United States

#1 Mar 25, 2010
Does anyone else think it's strange that with all the police, cameras, and microphones that nobody but Lewis and Cleaver heard these things said or experienced the spitting? I'm sure there are some idiots and made some threats but these two guys have a long history of saying and doing anything to get attention. The bricks through windows and threatening letters are an old Chicago political trick. Throw the brick through your own window and blame it on the oppisition. It's been going on there for years. I wonder who could have taught them that.
True News

Ballwin, MO

#2 Mar 25, 2010
Just want to educate viewers with the truth regarding the coffin story...
No coffin was left at Rep. Carnahan's home. Apparently the rumor began in a blog and then was touted by Carnahan's office and passed onto the press...you can read one reporters notes about it below.
( http://www.kmov.com/community/blogs/reporters... )

As the story grew it seems the blogger felt badly and confessed the claim was inaccurate. I'm providing sources and research --something the media neglected to do before reporting the story. No one apparently asked for the police report --of which there was none. However if it was indeed a threat to a Congressman then it is a federal offense and it is the duty and responsibility of those aware of it to report it to law enforcement or they themselves could be in violation.

( http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/... )

USA Today did do its research --you can read it's story on the link below full with pictures and video of the peaceful protest...Fox 4's sister station in St.L removed it's original false story without a peep as to why...but then did a real story on it presenting both sides later in the day.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpol...

For the record --no violence or threats of it should ever be tolerated! Nothing good can come from it. We have the freedom to disagree, the freedom to seek the truth, but no one has the right to intimidate or allude to harmful acts. It is said you get more flies with honey...maybe we all need to take a deep breath, regain our common sense, and work together towards a better America.
tom

United States

#3 Mar 25, 2010
I read that earlier. I'm sure there will be other stories that will be found to be false.
my-opinion-2

Kansas City, MO

#4 Mar 25, 2010
IF it is people who are angry for what the politicians have done to the American Citizens, then they deserve it.(I would throw a few stones if given half a chance, although they would probably only land at my feet.) These people know what has been done to the USA and by whom, so now maybe they will realize that if you poke a snake with a stick, you are going to get bit! The same people that has shoved this sh*t and all the bailouts down our throats, deserves to have a few things down theirs, and while we are at it, strip them of their life long benefits & perks , limit them of the terms and take back our money. When was the last time you had a raise like the ones they give themselves? Or the jets and cars????

Wake up and kick them all out of our white house!
By the people, for the people!!!!!
stealth

United States

#5 Mar 25, 2010
Wasn't me but whoever voted Cleaver into office should be ashamed. He is trash. Didn't pay taxes when he was supposed to. He lies. He isn't working for YOU! He is out for himself. A Rev. Wright wannabe.
TEA

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Mar 26, 2010
Leave it to Cleaver to play the race card every couple years.

This is nothing new, when all else fails he plays the race card.
TEA

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Mar 31, 2010
http://www.24thstate.com/2010/03/absolute-pro...

Absolute Proof Cleaver Wasn't Spat On
----------

Cleaver caught in his own web of lies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russ Carnahan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pelosi tells grads diplomacy should mark U.S. f... (May '07) Dec '13 Shinichiro Takizawa 2
Jobless hit with bank fees on benefits (Feb '09) Oct '12 Retired Sargent 16
Missouri GOP 7-1 map: Cracking Kansas City (Jan '12) Jan '12 Doc 1
Obama raising with Missouri stimulus beneficiary (Sep '11) Sep '11 Will Dockery 2
Missouri Congressman Carnahan picked to attend ... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Doc 1
Iranian dissidents in Iraq want refuge in 3rd c... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Tom 10
Readers have scorn for Carnahan and Clay - but ... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Viva MJ 3

Russ Carnahan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE