Hinojosa joined by others in praise of DREAM Act hearing
There are 5 comments on the The Bee-Picayune, Beeville, Texas story from Jul 10, 2011, titled Hinojosa joined by others in praise of DREAM Act hearing. In it, The Bee-Picayune, Beeville, Texas reports that:
Washington, D.C. - Rep. RubA©n Hinojosa, 1st vice chairman of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, was joined by 29 other members of Congress recently in hailing Congress' first ever hearing on the Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Bee-Picayune, Beeville, Texas.
#1 Jul 10, 2011
Ha!!! All of this, and no requirement that they complete a bacculareate degree, just that they ATTEND for two years!
Boy, what the US really needs is a bunch of people who have majored in chicano studies and never completed school...and have a humongous student loan bill, and not skills for employment...but that's where this whole thing started in the first place.
The kids...35 years old. WAKE UP AMERICA!!! Our president is heart broken because he can't legalize these "students" while our whole country goes down the drain...when is he going to be heartbroken about us? This is the only country that I know, my family has been here for generations...get heat broken about your tax payers who don't get anything in return.
Since: Jul 10
#2 Jul 10, 2011
Our President could have legalized all illegals a year ago when Democrats had a Majority in Congress they could have passed a law. The real question is do they REALLY want to. Funny now that Republicans control 1/3 of the government they want to pass it now. Would have been alot easier to pass a year ago. Really makes one wonder if they do want it passed.
#3 Jul 11, 2011
I agree with you wildcatdad! That is the cruel irony about this whole thing, and the illegal aliens can't seem to get it that they are being used by EVERYONE!
1. Their people laraza, lulac, mecha, etc., haven't done jack for them except to advance themselves professionally and politically.
2. The senator Guitierriez will get in front of any hispanic group and lead in order to be on camera, expressing impossible demands and making empty promises. Remember when he said they would take it to the streets if the Dream Act didn't pass last time?
3. The mexican government couldn't wait to get rid of their poor, and are so happy they are sending back remittances...the 2nd leading import in mexico.
4. Corporations use them to increase profits and treating them any way they wish, especially in ways that American workers wouldn't stand for. What illegal aliens don't realize is that as soon as they become legal (NOT!) the corporations will dump them for the next wave of illegal aliens who will work cheaply.
5. Even though hispanics are only 6% of the vote, our politicians are political whores enough to not leave things to change in case it is a close one and the hispanic vote MAY swing it their way.
I seriously doubt if we will every consider a blanket amnesty. Obama and Janet Nap are piece mealing an amnesty with deportations, but as soon as the light was shone on this, they started back pedling.
#4 Jul 11, 2011
Why is it a hardship for these kids to go back to Mexico, a "country they don't know and don't speak the language" and it's not a hardship to come to the US a "country they didn't know and couldn't speak the language"?
Since: Jul 10
#5 Jul 11, 2011
You are one very intelegent person. I salute YOU.
Add your comments below
|State Funds to Help Fix San Diego Streets (Jan '16)||Jan '16||Well||3|
|Obama signs Every Child Succeeds Act, leaving s... (Dec '15)||Dec '15||Ritual Habitual||1|
|Hispanic Dems to press Obama for 'bold' action ... (Jul '14)||Jul '14||Betrayed||11|
|Obama Considering New Immigration Enforcement C... (Mar '14)||Mar '14||Jose||113|
|Obama To Meet With Latino Dems On Immigration (Mar '14)||Mar '14||Jose||6|
|2 immigration protesters arrested on Capitol Hill (Nov '13)||Nov '13||spud||17|
|2 immigration protesters arrested on Capitol Hill (Nov '13)||Nov '13||wild child||6|
Find what you want!
Search Ruben Hinojosa Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC