GOP senator already lying about votin...

GOP senator already lying about voting against VAWA

There are 2 comments on the Daily Kos story from May 4, 2012, titled GOP senator already lying about voting against VAWA. In it, Daily Kos reports that:

Just one week ago, on April 26, 2012, Sen. Roy Blunt, was one of the 31 Republican male Senators who voted against reauthorizing the Violence Against Women Act.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Kos.

imaginaryfriend

Garden City, MI

#1 May 7, 2012
ALL RebullyCONS are LIARS!!!
Been There Seen That

Asheville, NC

#2 Sep 11, 2012
imaginaryfriend wrote:
ALL RebullyCONS are LIARS!!!
I am a Democrat and I would not vote to reauthorize VAWA because its "anti-cyberstalking" law is patently unconstitutional. I don't know anything about the rest of VAWA, and I certainly oppose violence against women, but the federal law making it a felony to post messages on an internet forum that irritate someone who has the option to ignore the messages is clearly unconstitutional. The First Amendment is FIRST for a reason.

https://www.eff.org/cases/us-v-cassidy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roy Blunt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Missouri Governor Blunt ticketed for acc... (Jun '09) May 22 Blunt Victim 3
News Senators Seek 'Living Wage' for Capitol Hill Co... Apr 30 Black Annie 9
News Spokesman for Missouri official who committed s... Apr '15 barefoot2626 5
News GOP Senator Stands by Letter to Iran Mar '15 Jeff Brightone 1
News Guest lineups for the Sunday news shows Mar '15 John McCharlie 1
News Sunday Talk Preview: Iran, Race Relations Mar '15 Jeff Brightone 1
News Kansas shooting suspect has ties to North Carol... (Apr '14) Mar '15 swedenforever 8
More from around the web