Sen. Brown cites mom in domestic viol...

Sen. Brown cites mom in domestic violence law push

There are 9 comments on the Boston.com story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Sen. Brown cites mom in domestic violence law push. In it, Boston.com reports that:

U.S. Sen. Scott Brown is pointing to his mother's history of abusive relationships with men as he pushes for renewal of a domestic violence law that has met with opposition from some fellow Republicans over proposed expansions of its protections.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston.com.

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#1 Mar 22, 2012
They are taking this WAY too far.

Quote:
That version includes new provisions that would include protections for gay and transgender victims, allow illegal immigrants who have been victims of abuse to claim temporary visas and give tribes authority to prosecute non-Indians who commit violence against American Indian women.
End Quote

Illegal aliens do not belong here. If they followed the law, they wouldn't be here and thus could never be a victim of domestic violence here. Thus, they should be exempt, as all this will do is give them one more way to LIE and CHEAT their way into staying here, by claiming domestic violence where none exists. One cannot and should not protect someone who should not be here in the first place. If I choose to rob a store and get hurt in the process, I should not have any recourse against the store owner. To say otherwise wouldn't make any sense.

Why the specific protections for gay and transgender? Like they cannot call the police if something happens to them? They are certainly capable.

Everything is getting far too ridiculous.

Since: May 10

Seattle, WA

#2 Mar 22, 2012
Rebel wrote:
Quote:
That version includes new provisions that would include protections for gay and transgender victims, allow illegal immigrants who have been victims of abuse to claim temporary visas and give tribes authority to prosecute non-Indians who commit violence against American Indian women.
End Quote
Illegal aliens do not belong here. If they followed the law, they wouldn't be here and thus could never be a victim of domestic violence here. Thus, they should be exempt, as all this will do is give them one more way to LIE and CHEAT their way into staying here, by claiming domestic violence where none exists. One cannot and should not protect someone who should not be here in the first place. If I choose to rob a store and get hurt in the process, I should not have any recourse against the store owner. To say otherwise wouldn't make any sense.
Why the specific protections for gay and transgender? Like they cannot call the police if something happens to them? They are certainly capable.
It's like a damn plague of stupidity running thru the nations polititians. These fools amaze me playing to this 3rd world fringe group that are nothing but a scourge upon this nation and it's people. Someone has to put things back in order!! Hardline!!

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#3 Mar 23, 2012
Rebel wrote:
Quote:
End Quote
Not disagreeing but playing the Devil's advocate here. Illegal or not, those who are in this country, still have to abide by our laws until they can be deported. No, they shouldn't be here in the first place but if they are, and committ a crime, they must be dealt with.

With regards to Native American Women and tribes, are major concerns and big problems on and off tribal land. Due to tribal law, our government can't do anything about domestic violence on Native land, therefore, non-natives who rape, rob or whatever, are rarely, if ever, prosecuted if they attack a Native American woman. The same holds true for Native American men who rape or attack Native American Women on tribal land. I'd be interested in what provisions, if any, are being considered to rectify the problems.

Location hidden

#4 Mar 23, 2012
Reading the article it would seem that there's a lot of political posturing going on. Actual concern for women seems to be mute, in my opinion. On the one hand Brown supports sending women to the front lines in war, but thinks employers should be able to exempt bc and other devices from their health insurance plans based on moral or religious objection? How the heck does that work? Those two opposing views make absolutely no sense to me.

On the other hand, if he's sincere, domestic violence in this country is a serious issue. His childhood memories of the abuse his mother suffered at the hands of abusive step-fathers brings to fore that not only are the women being physically abused are effected but the children are victims of trauma induced by the violence. In essence, it affects the entire family and is deterimental to the family unit.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#5 Mar 24, 2012
DonMan wrote:
<quoted text>It's like a damn plague of stupidity running thru the nations polititians. These fools amaze me playing to this 3rd world fringe group that are nothing but a scourge upon this nation and it's people. Someone has to put things back in order!! Hardline!!
So you are in favor of domestic violence. How sad.

I guess you probably miss the old days when the immigrants were all white and a man was free to beat his wife.

#6 Mar 24, 2012
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are in favor of domestic violence. How sad.
I guess you probably miss the old days when the immigrants were all white and a man was free to beat his wife.
You're an idiot. You'll always be an idiot. I'm female and I don't agree with this nonsense. Domestic violence is one thing. We already have laws against it. If some woman is too stupid to report it, well, cleanse the gene pool! I had a restraining order against someone, so it's not like I don't understand. We just don't need stupid idiots running around. Take care of business within our current laws, or conclude you are stupid.

Location hidden

#7 Mar 25, 2012
Rebel wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot. You'll always be an idiot. I'm female and I don't agree with this nonsense. Domestic violence is one thing. We already have laws against it. If some woman is too stupid to report it, well, cleanse the gene pool! I had a restraining order against someone, so it's not like I don't understand. We just don't need stupid idiots running around. Take care of business within our current laws, or conclude you are stupid.
The idiot is you. Speak for yourself, but not for other victims of domestic violence. How you handled your situation is one thing, but every situation is different. Cleanse the gene pool? How about starting with idiots like you! Obviously you weren't so bright or you wouldn't have found yourself in a domestic violence situation, right? Where was your brilliant mindset then?

You don't know what's in the current laws nor what's being proposed. However, in your ignorance, you're commenting and talking about cleansing gene pools? Obviously you didn't get your arse beat enough or you wouldn't be posting this crap.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#8 Mar 25, 2012
bappie wrote:
Reading the article it would seem that there's a lot of political posturing going on. Actual concern for women seems to be mute, in my opinion. On the one hand Brown supports sending women to the front lines in war, but thinks employers should be able to exempt bc and other devices from their health insurance plans based on moral or religious objection? How the heck does that work? Those two opposing views make absolutely no sense to me.
On the other hand, if he's sincere, domestic violence in this country is a serious issue. His childhood memories of the abuse his mother suffered at the hands of abusive step-fathers brings to fore that not only are the women being physically abused are effected but the children are victims of trauma induced by the violence. In essence, it affects the entire family and is deterimental to the family unit.
the entire family IS negatively impacted by domestic violence, but these women should not be given special dispensations because they are...what is ever done for legal victims of demestic violence...as a matter of fact, far too many women eventually end up dead at the hands of their abusers.

#9 Mar 25, 2012
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>The idiot is you. Speak for yourself, but not for other victims of domestic violence. How you handled your situation is one thing, but every situation is different. Cleanse the gene pool? How about starting with idiots like you! Obviously you weren't so bright or you wouldn't have found yourself in a domestic violence situation, right? Where was your brilliant mindset then?
You don't know what's in the current laws nor what's being proposed. However, in your ignorance, you're commenting and talking about cleansing gene pools? Obviously you didn't get your arse beat enough or you wouldn't be posting this crap.
Anyone can find themselves in a situation. It's how you handle the situation that counts. Getting a TRO and getting out is the right thing to do. Dealing with it is the stupid thing to do and that's who we must cleanse the gene pool of...and not give special rewards to them for being stupid. We definitely don't need to provide illegal aliens with yet another way to stay in this country, as they shouldn't have been here to be in a domestic violence situation. We don't reward crime, nor should we. If you want to reward crime, and with exactly what they broke the law to get, you'd be providing domestic violence perpetrators with people to commit domestic violence against. How stupid would that be?

One time. That's all it takes. Get out. If you don't, it's the person being stupid. No one should be rewarded for that, and illegal aliens shouldn't be rewarded at all. If they weren't here, as our laws dictate, they couldn't possibly suffer domestic violence in our country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roy Blunt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News President Trump ramps up push for travel ban ev... Jun '17 Putins Glock Holster 6
News Trump may not block Comey testimony at key publ... Jun '17 Frogface Kate 16
News Republican Party Clinches House, Senate (Nov '16) Mar '17 Djs 2
News In Trump's future looms a familiar shutdown threat Feb '17 anonymous 8
News The controversy behind the painting that will h... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Janice Brown 1
News Massive security preparations under way for ina... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Fundie Concernd B... 3
News Democratic PAC Transitions to Advocacy Role in ... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Le Jimbo 1
More from around the web