Stink bug spread worries growers acro...

Stink bug spread worries growers across nation

There are 11 comments on the Public Opinion story from May 20, 2011, titled Stink bug spread worries growers across nation. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

An insect with a voracious appetite, no domestic natural predators and a taste for everything from apples to lima beans has caused millions of dollars in crop damage and may just be getting started.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

Pam

Chambersburg, PA

#1 May 20, 2011
I feel bad for the fruit growers. I wish that someone could find a solution to get rid of these nasty pests...I have them in my house year round and I hate it!!! If anyone has some sort of solution please feel free to post it, I'm to the point of trying just about anything...
lambypamby

Pottsville, PA

#2 May 20, 2011
what are they eating inside the home
YIKES

Greencastle, PA

#3 May 20, 2011
I hope they don't bring the wasps here to get rid of the stink bugs. What a nightmare that would be.
reader

Landisburg, PA

#4 May 20, 2011
They say there are no preditors for the stink bugs. Don't tell that to two spiders on my back porch that are catching them and killing them. Just regular spiders.
jimmy

Saint Thomas, PA

#5 May 20, 2011
I know of one predator of stink bugs, chickens
Not from CA

Chambersburg, PA

#6 May 20, 2011
jimmy wrote:
I know of one predator of stink bugs, chickens
And don't forget you can keep them in Chambersburg!
Environmentalist

Chambersburg, PA

#8 May 20, 2011
The natural predator of the stink bug is the garter snake. Once a garter is introduced into an area of heavy stink bug infestation it's only a matter of days until the problem is completely or almost completely eradicated.

Most importantly the garter snake will keep future stink bugs from introducing themselves to crop fields or domestic areas such as residential neighborhoods.
Pam

Chambersburg, PA

#9 May 23, 2011
lambypamby, I don't think they are eating anything inside the house because after crawling all over the ceiling for a while they die.
halito

Winnemucca, NV

#10 Feb 29, 2012
Great bioterrorism possibilities....
halito

Winnemucca, NV

#11 Feb 29, 2012
Why do skunks like them? Why do they like sewers?
halito

Winnemucca, NV

#12 Feb 29, 2012
There spraying will send you to purgetory?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roscoe Bartlett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News American religiosity in politics is terrifying (May '15) May '15 Tazo 1
News HOH: Ex-Lawmakers to Investigate Extra-Terrestr... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Ufo Expert 1
News Disconnect between Bartlett and his campaign ir... (Oct '12) Oct '12 dulsura 1
News Conservative Group Blasts Tariff 'Earmarks' (May '12) Jun '12 Le Jimbo 19
News 'Stache Act puts lawmaker in hot water (Mar '12) Mar '12 Naughtyrobot 16
News Mustache Bill Puts Congressman In Hairy Situation (Feb '12) Mar '12 Ferrerman 16
News Who Backs the a Stache? (Feb '12) Mar '12 FaFoxy 11
More from around the web