Ron Paul votes against economic stimulus package

Jan 30, 2008 Full story: thehill.com 1,722

Paul stressed this week he is in favor of taxpayers getting some of their money back, but added that "temporary tax cuts and one-time rebates will not 'fix' the economy.... Sending out checks and cutting interest rates yet again is merely a shot in the arm when in actuality, the economy needs major surgery."

Full Story

“Excelsior!”

Since: Jan 08

Ames, IA

#1812 Apr 7, 2008
The tactics the Disciples of Paul are going to these days:

http://www.youdecide2008.com/2008/04/07/ron-p...
Bill R

Lebanon, OR

#1813 Apr 7, 2008
CycloneD wrote:
<quoted text>
Delegates? What delegates?
They're out looking for their "conservative
values." Apparently they lost them somewhere.
Ron Paul until November

Homestead, FL

#1814 Apr 9, 2008
Two criticisms from economists have been that financial aid is always bound to so-called "Conditionalities", including Structural Adjustment Programs. Conditionalities, which are the economic performance targets established as a precondition for IMF loans, it is claimed, retard social stability and hence inhibit the stated goals of the IMF, while Structural Adjustment Programs lead to an increase in poverty in recipient countries.

WASHINGTON (AP)-- The world economy will slow sharply this year, according to an International Monetary Fund forecast, with the United States sliding into a recession amid housing, credit and financial slumps.

Typically the IMF and its supporters advocate a Keynesian approach.(opposite of Dr. Pauls sound economic theory).

Basically it's a purposeful devaluation of our dollar (which has been planed for a while)for the gains of a few. Oh wait..I forgot the IMF doesn't exist in Cyclones world.:(

“Excelsior!”

Ames, IA

#1815 Apr 9, 2008
Ron Paul until November wrote:
Two criticisms from economists have been that financial aid is always bound to so-called "Conditionalities", including Structural Adjustment Programs. Conditionalities, which are the economic performance targets established as a precondition for IMF loans, it is claimed, retard social stability and hence inhibit the stated goals of the IMF, while Structural Adjustment Programs lead to an increase in poverty in recipient countries.
WASHINGTON (AP)-- The world economy will slow sharply this year, according to an International Monetary Fund forecast, with the United States sliding into a recession amid housing, credit and financial slumps.
Typically the IMF and its supporters advocate a Keynesian approach.(opposite of Dr. Pauls sound economic theory).
Basically it's a purposeful devaluation of our dollar (which has been planed for a while)for the gains of a few. Oh wait..I forgot the IMF doesn't exist in Cyclones world.:(
OMG, that looked like a story from the dreaded "Mainstream Media." What is wrong with you for using such information?
Ron Paul until November

Homestead, FL

#1816 Apr 9, 2008
Actually it was from Wiki and from AP..then again that is not credible in your narrow world.
Vince

Danville, CA

#1817 Apr 9, 2008
Actually it was from Wiki and from AP..then again that is not credible in your narrow world.
AP is part of the mainstream media, and Wikipedia is not a reliable source because it can be edited by anybody.

“Excelsior!”

Ames, IA

#1818 Apr 9, 2008
I know the Associated Press. I also know the former UPI (United Press International) quite well Brainiac. My BA was in JlMC (Journalism and Mass Communications) and History. What was your degree in, and your current occupation? Me, Grad Student in History and published author of a Mystery novel.
Bill R

Long Beach, WA

#1819 Apr 9, 2008
CycloneD wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the Associated Press. I also know the former UPI (United Press International) quite well Brainiac. My BA was in JlMC (Journalism and Mass Communications) and History. What was your degree in, and your current occupation? Me, Grad Student in History and published author of a Mystery novel.
Cyclone - Given your major and interest in
history, I think you would enjoy "Infamous
Scribblers" by Eric Burns. Its a history of
newspapers in early America up thru Hamilton's
death in the duel with Aaron Burr. Fascinating
material and well balanced in its approach.
The term "infamous scribblers" was a term used
by George Washington to describe his dislike for
newspapers, as back in those days they didn't
have "editorial pages." Rather the "news" itself
was the editorial in most respects.
Ron Paul until November

Pompano Beach, FL

#1820 Apr 14, 2008
ROFL @ CYCLONE A COMMUNICATION MAJOR...ONLINE UNIVERSITY perhaps?

omg..if you don't know about the msm then you have learned NOTHING in your schooling. I suggest a refund is due.

My major is business, mba ucla anderson school of mngmt.

anyhoot..Last night I saw the compassion debate at messiah college. Good point is that they asked senator billary a question and she wanted to follow up and they said.."YOU'VE GOT 30 SECONDS"...yea..well...th e msm gave her 1 minute and 32. ROFL...imagine if they honored Dr. Paul by giving him at least half the respect he so deserves.

still rofl at journalism major..ahahahahaha

were's my tinfoil hat..hyahahah

“Excelsior!”

Ames, IA

#1821 Apr 14, 2008
ROFL @ CYCLONE A COMMUNICATION MAJOR...ONLINE UNIVERSITY perhaps?
omg..if you don't know about the msm then you have learned NOTHING in your schooling. I suggest a refund is due.
My major is business, mba ucla anderson school of mngmt.
anyhoot..Last night I saw the compassion debate at messiah college. Good point is that they asked senator billary a question and she wanted to follow up and they said.."YOU'VE GOT 30 SECONDS"...yea..well...th e msm gave her 1 minute and 32. ROFL...imagine if they honored Dr. Paul by giving him at least half the respect he so deserves.
still rofl at journalism major..ahahahahaha
were's my tinfoil hat..hyahahah
I will debate you in person anyday laughing boy. At least I use my freewill and am not taken in by a flawed messenger.

“Excelsior!”

Ames, IA

#1822 Apr 14, 2008
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
Cyclone - Given your major and interest in
history, I think you would enjoy "Infamous
Scribblers" by Eric Burns. Its a history of
newspapers in early America up thru Hamilton's
death in the duel with Aaron Burr. Fascinating
material and well balanced in its approach.
The term "infamous scribblers" was a term used
by George Washington to describe his dislike for
newspapers, as back in those days they didn't
have "editorial pages." Rather the "news" itself
was the editorial in most respects.
There is a good book I recommend on how Lincoln handled the press. It's called "Lincoln's Wrath" and is by Jeffrey Manber and Neil Dahlstrom. It is basically a debate between the two authors abut whether Lincoln was justified in shutting down newspapers that he saw as being in opposition to the Civil War. Shows that Lincoln was both a great man, but also a human being at the same time. Not a conspiracy book, but a thoroughly researched one.
art dekko

Columbus, OH

#1823 Apr 14, 2008
LISTEN TO THE GARBAGE BY SHIT-FOR-BRAINS MORONS...AND THEN REMEMBER TO VOTE FOR RON PAUL IN NOVEMBER, AS MY FAMILY WILL BE DOING.

THE THREE BONE-HEADS THAT THE MEDIA MADE YOU THINK YOU CHOSE, WILL CONTINUE THIS COUNTRY INTO TOTAL OBLIVIAN. IT'S ALMOST THERE AS WE SPEAK. SEND THE MEXICANS BACK....BRING BACK THE SOLDIERS THAT ARE BECOMING MURDERERS. STOP THE NEW YORK BOYS. IT'S ALREADY TOO LATE. GO RON PAUL!

“Don't Blame Me . . .”

Since: Mar 07

Rockledge, FL

#1824 Apr 15, 2008
Ron On Fox Business News w/Neal Cavuto:

obuma

Erie, PA

#1825 Jan 30, 2009
Nclex wrote:
Why?
VOTE NO FOR RON PAUL
WTF!?!
NoLongerVotingRe publican

United States

#1827 Sep 3, 2012
Highlander wrote:
<quoted text>How would that be — according to yourself?
He's already outlined —not a few times— how cutting taxes, and getting rid of the federal income tax are very real possibilities, especially by getting rid the of huge (did I mention bloated?) bureaucracy of the Federal Government?
<quoted text>
So, you're a rebate junkie then?
The government collects >YOUR< money, and then give it back to you with no interest?
Try that with a bank sometime ...
<quoted text>So, let's see here: You don't have anything valid to put his campaign down with, so you resort to ad hominem, hoping that others of your ilk (read: not well-read) will agree just by seeing the disparaging terms you employ.
Did I get that correctly enough?
And in that matter of 'contradictory,' you'll please explain how that would be?
<quoted text>Oh, really? You'll please explain then, how it is that he doesn't have to ask for campaign funding? Rather it just seems to pour-in by the millions from people all over! I've already donated over U$600 myself, and I didn't have to be asked, cajoled, wheedled, begged, or otherwise induced to part with my hard-earned money.
What ~other~ candidate do you know of who can make that claim?
What was true in 2008 is still true today.
Vote for Ron Paul for president.
Wake Up

United States

#1828 Sep 3, 2012
That is great, have one of my kids who is totally Ron too ( I am happy that they recognize Ron and some of his great points in the primary), I get it, he made much sense on cuts of the budget, the constitution, libertarian, etc.., but the truth is we can't win with Ron, and voting for anyone other than Romney, gives obama a vote today. Unless you want four more years of obama, you may want to think of that first.... we must make our vote count, otherwise the result is 4 more years of this obama .... I think down the road we may have a candidate that is actually viable that never was in years past, whether it be tea party or libertarian.. at least I can dream, but for now we have our country's future at stake, and the next generation will be begging us to do right by America, although they can't convey it in proper words yet for the most part, they will someday appreciate we all tried.. I know I voted for Carter when I was young and truly regret....
NoLongerVotingRepublican wrote:
<quoted text> What was true in 2008 is still true today.
Wake Up

United States

#1829 Sep 3, 2012
Ron is man who spoke much truth, heck JFK actually had spending cuts, imagine that. Whether it is Ron today, or me voting for the peanut farmer, it would be a mistake, obama is like carter on speed... let's do what we can for getting obama out the door, some years down the road we shall see....
NoLongerVotingRepublican wrote:
<quoted text> What was true in 2008 is still true today.
notoorangeman

Hatfield, PA

#1831 Sep 4, 2012
Wake Up wrote:
Ron is man who spoke much truth, heck JFK actually had spending cuts, imagine that. Whether it is Ron today, or me voting for the peanut farmer, it would be a mistake, obama is like carter on speed... let's do what we can for getting obama out the door, some years down the road we shall see....<quoted text>
Reagan also had spending cuts and also tax increases 3x the amount of cuts because thats what worked! OBAMA 2012!
Wake Up

United States

#1832 Sep 4, 2012
What is working exactly in 2012, nothing, when do over 50 percent of college grads find work in Obama's economy, when do 23 million overall have a chance for that job..... we love paying 4.50 a gallon for gas in Chicago, ya right, all the while he sits on the keystone, and won't open up the gulf for drilling, are we better off than four years ago, only 40 percent now think Obama deserves a second term now.. But listen intently this week to the DNC, to find that hope and change that has been missing for the last four years under Obama's watch, blame bush lol
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
http://thehill.com/conventions-2012/dem-conve...
notoorangeman wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan also had spending cuts and also tax increases 3x the amount of cuts because thats what worked! OBAMA 2012!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1833 Aug 26, 2013
If Ron Paul was ten years younger, well Im still a neomarxist but now that Prez Obama is in a retirement phase..

Julian Castro 2020-the 1st Hispanic president if a superpower!

Kamala Harris for VP 2020

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ron Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Uncle Tab 155,269
Rand Paul Blasts Obama on Civil Liberties (Mar '14) 1 hr inbred Genius 232
Davis surely knew 1998 strip club incident woul... Sep 22 reldeenk 2
Rand Paul urges California GOP to try new tactics Sep 22 Don Joe 1
Shifting his views, Rand Paul seeks broader app... Sep 15 Gary 2
Mitch McConnell's campaign manager resigns afte... Sep 14 Bobby 1
Rand Paul tests N.H. presidential waters Sep 12 GOTP 2

Ron Paul People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE