Why media neutrality over the US presidential election is fuelling lies

Sep 2, 2012 Full story: Guardian Unlimited 58

Masking the truth? a A delegate with masks of Republican vice presidential nominee, Paul Ryan during the Republican National Convention in Tampa.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
WVB

United States

#1 Sep 2, 2012
Poo Poo Platter and Marine Corps Pat are morons. Media Neutrality is an oxymoron.

Where's Vera Baker?
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#2 Sep 2, 2012
Paul Ryan: I ran a marathon in under three hours.
Truth: No you didn't. It was over four hours.

Marc Rubio: My parents left Cuba to escape Castro.
Truth: No they didn't. They left Cuba five years before Castro.

Pat Robertson: I can bench press 1000 pounds.

Romney: Flip-flop, flip-flop, flip-flop....
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Sep 2, 2012
WVB wrote:
Poo Poo Platter and Marine Corps Pat are morons. Media Neutrality is an oxymoron.
Where's Vera Baker?
You forgot Cun a lingus? or what the 3rd member of that Coffee Clache is called.

They rotate posting duties nicely.
WVB

United States

#4 Sep 2, 2012
Obama: "I am American." No you're not.
Obama: "You didn't build that!". Yes I did.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#5 Sep 2, 2012
Obama: I'll make our government open and transparent.

Obama: I'll make it impossible for congressmen or lobbyists to slip pork barrel projects into laws when no one is looking.

Obama: When I am president, no more secrecy.

Obama: When a bill lands on my desk you will have 5 days to look at it on line before I sign it.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Saint Petersburg, FL

#6 Sep 2, 2012

The media slobber over Obama like Bawney Fwank slobbered over Liberace'.

Questioner

Llano, TX

#9 Sep 2, 2012
The truth doesn't matter .... does it?

"... The voice of the people expresses the mind of the people, and that mind is made up for it by the group leaders in whom it believes and by those persons who understand the manipulation of public opinion. It is composed of inherited prejudices and symbols and cliches and verbal formulas supplied to them by the leaders." (Edward Bernays)

Bernays' techniques work!
Gravediggers

United States

#10 Sep 2, 2012
America doesn't need a 'cool' President, America needs a capable leader.

And Mitt Romney is that quiet, determined, intelligent, loyal and PROVEN leader.

America doesn't need to be 'cool', we need to get to work!

4 more years of Obama will continue a sluggish economy,

4 years of Romney will rocket our economy upward.

Mitt in 2012

“Old 16th Graveyard hole”

Since: Nov 11

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Sep 2, 2012
Media Neutrality? Only the Guardian could make such a statement. The American media hasn't be neutral for over 30 years! Oh to have them be so, what a nicer world we would be in. REAL journalists no longer exist. The MSM gets it's talking points from the WH and the DNC and they, like good lemmings, repeat it word for word on each and every outlet. Having watched Mike Wallace try desperately to get a clear statement from the Dem. talking heads today, all we got was EXACTLY the same statement, the "Talking Points" that all Dem. Talking Heads were supposed to say. The comment that the Repb. convention was in "Black and White TV" was not just old fashioned but went back to "1812" etc., etc. It was a pathetic show of OBAMA HAS NOTHING TO RUN ON, all he has is attack after attack and those attacks are juvenile at best. He may as well stand on a stage, talking to his main audience of 18 and 19 yr. old's and taunt "Your Uncle is Bald! So there!". That's it folks, that's his running theme, a childish, school yard taunt. The Democrat Party has degenerated into the party of IGNORANT, LOW CLASS, JUVENILE WHITE TRASH! Really, they must be sooooo proud. White trash is white trash and they will never change.

“Sustainability Now!”

Since: May 08

Vadnais Heights

#12 Sep 2, 2012
Gravediggers wrote:
Mitt in 2012
Yeah, slashing taxes for the wealthy and corporations worked SO WELL for the past 10 years!

What will it take for Republicans to learn from their own mistakes?

OR, was it REALLY a mistake? The Rich got a lot Richer, as did corporations -- it was the lower 98% who suffered stagnant wages and a housing implosion and high unemployment. The Republican core constituency did quite well these past 10 years, and if Bishop Romney and Lyin' Ryan are elected they will make out like the literal bandits that they are. R&R will virtually ELIMINATE taxes on the rich, ensuring that EVERYONE ELSE PAYS FOR EVERYTHING.

Maybe, in their world, there were no mistakes whatsoever! It is the rest of us who suffer.

“Sustainability Now!”

Since: May 08

Vadnais Heights

#13 Sep 2, 2012
Ballybunion wrote:
... The Democrat Party has degenerated into the party of IGNORANT, LOW CLASS, JUVENILE WHITE TRASH! Really, they must be sooooo proud. White trash is white trash and they will never change.
OK, so the Republican Party has degenerated into the Party of PROUDLY IGNORANT, HIGH CLASS, GREEDY WHITE TRASH. Yeah, that is SOOO much better!

GOP = Greedy Old Plutocrats
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#14 Sep 2, 2012
Madaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, slashing taxes for the wealthy and corporations worked SO WELL for the past 10 years!
What will it take for Republicans to learn from their own mistakes?
OR, was it REALLY a mistake? The Rich got a lot Richer, as did corporations -- it was the lower 98% who suffered stagnant wages and a housing implosion and high unemployment. The Republican core constituency did quite well these past 10 years, and if Bishop Romney and Lyin' Ryan are elected they will make out like the literal bandits that they are. R&R will virtually ELIMINATE taxes on the rich, ensuring that EVERYONE ELSE PAYS FOR EVERYTHING.
Maybe, in their world, there were no mistakes whatsoever! It is the rest of us who suffer.
Well Obama is repeating FDRs mistakes so I kinda get your point.

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#15 Sep 2, 2012
WVB wrote:
Where's Vera Baker?
LOL!!!

Nice to know you're thinking about 'ol PooPoo, even while he spends part of the last weekend of summer on the beach, wearing his Speedo, & keeping the women happy...

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#16 Sep 2, 2012
The laughing lobotomy wrote:
The media slobber over Obama like Bawney Fwank slobbered over Liberace'.
LOL!!! Liberace DIED 25 years ago, Grandpa!

Old mindset, old world view. I bet you thought it was great Clint Eastwood was going to appear at Mitt Romney's pep rally last week...
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#18 Sep 2, 2012
Gary wrote:
Paul Ryan: I ran a marathon in under three hours.
Truth: No you didn't. It was over four hours.
Marc Rubio: My parents left Cuba to escape Castro.
Truth: No they didn't. They left Cuba five years before Castro.
Pat Robertson: I can bench press 1000 pounds.
Romney: Flip-flop, flip-flop, flip-flop....
When will the Left,Stop pretending they all had
clean hands re the Meltdown?? Its getting old
Fueled by the Messiah,and his Minions????

Both parties need to claim some responsibility. Had the Community Reinvestment Act not forced banks to authorize loans to people who weren't creditworthy (and then stood by when Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to guaranteed those loans), the banks would never have issued the kind of debt they did (CRA was passed under Clinton.) Then, when the meltdown began, Hank Paulson forced banks to accept TARP money with threats that the government would make life miserable for them if they did not. He also forced B of A to purchase Countrywide Mortgage from Tony Mazullo, who had bought off several Democrat congressment and then fled town. Paulson was a Bush employee. The upshot is that government intervention in the marketplace created the mess; now the dems choose to play the blame game so as not to focus attention on their involvement.

Idiot!!Another Moron,Who put a man in the WH,with out knowing a
GD thing about him????? I give you the Left!!!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#20 Sep 3, 2012
The Guardian ? When I was stationed at Lakenheath we all new the Guardian motto was we hate the USA and everything about it.Might as well post from the North Korean daily news as quote from the Guardian.

“Old 16th Graveyard hole”

Since: Nov 11

Philadelphia, PA

#21 Sep 3, 2012
PooPoo it's not Obama Nation, that's not how it's spelled, the correct spelling is:

ABOMINATION! There, that's more like it.
Sheik Yerbouti

Warrington, PA

#23 Sep 3, 2012
Gravediggers wrote:
America doesn't need a 'cool' President, America needs a capable leader.
And Mitt Romney is that quiet, determined, intelligent, loyal and PROVEN leader.
America doesn't need to be 'cool', we need to get to work!
4 more years of Obama will continue a sluggish economy,
Mitt in 2012
The only thing that mittwit has proven is that he's a draft dodging coward and a cult member who holds working American workers in contempt.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#24 Sep 3, 2012
You either vote for Obama or you are a racist.
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#25 Sep 3, 2012
RustyS wrote:
You either vote for Obama or you are a racist.
Thats how low we have sunk!!
Post Racial,Voted Obama in
Forget about it!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ron Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr American Lady 165,510
Pizza Man Cain wants a third party for conserva... (Nov '12) Dec 10 swedenforever 8
Boehner calls Snowden a traitor (Jun '13) Dec 8 swedenforever 33
Ron Paul on the Verge of Going Third Party? (Jan '08) Dec 5 MakeWorldPeaceUId... 29,299
Josh Holmes, the Mastermind of Team Mitch Nov '14 Le Duped 3
Republicans Now Hold Most Seats In Connecticut ... Nov '14 Larry 1
Gay Marriage in Kansas Throws Political Twist Oct '14 allTSfemale 5
More from around the web