Why Asian-Americans Have Turned on the GOP

Feb 26, 2013 Full story: Real Clear Politics 100

The Republican Party's problems with Latino voters are well documented, but its poor performance with Asian-Americans should be giving the party even greater pause.

Read more
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“The Truthfighter Emcee”

Since: Nov 08

Birmingham, England, UK

#1 Feb 26, 2013
because the GOP are the Traitorous Racist Hateful selfish Bigots, and are against the people

“Ruling over East of Vegas(EOV)”

Since: Dec 12

Kwanghuidong, Korea

#2 Feb 26, 2013
its just that Obama is better. Obama speaks from the heart, and stays in the truth. That means a lot to Asian people culturally.

Sure lower taxes are important, but living as an emotionally logical human being is even more important than money.
Human Revolution

Middletown, OH

#3 Feb 26, 2013
Why is this surprising? Asians have been voting Democrat since 2000, from what I've read.

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

#4 Feb 27, 2013
1 Korean American wrote:
its just that Obama is better. Obama speaks from the heart, and stays in the truth. That means a lot to Asian people culturally.
Sure lower taxes are important, but living as an emotionally logical human being is even more important than money.
I am glad Obama is giving you a warm feeling because Asian-Americans will be a prime source of revenue for Obama's ever expanding welfare state.
Asians have forgotten what leaders like Mao (who also gave them a warm fuzzy feeling) did for them.

Allentown, PA

#5 Feb 27, 2013
TruDru wrote:
because the GOP are the Traitorous Racist Hateful selfish Bigots, and are against the people
The Democrats have to play the race game as to keep people from thinking about their policies.
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#6 Feb 27, 2013
TruDru wrote:
Did someone take you off the dole?
JDC

El Paso, TX

#7 Feb 27, 2013
1 Korean American wrote:
The Quote of the Decade:
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that,'the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006
Pass it on 'til eternity...

“The Truthfighter Emcee”

Since: Nov 08

Birmingham, England, UK

#8 Feb 27, 2013
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrats have to play the race game as to keep people from thinking about their policies.
I'm not a Democrat, nor do I want to be--but one thing I notice is when Republicons have a problem with anyone that is not agreeing to their Party is a Liberal, or DEM...Screw both!

Allentown, PA

#9 Feb 27, 2013
TruDru wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a Democrat, nor do I want to be--but one thing I notice is when Republicons have a problem with anyone that is not agreeing to their Party is a Liberal, or DEM...Screw both!
I just call those who do not agree Communists.
Sheik Yerbouti

New Hope, PA

#10 Feb 27, 2013
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't like it here you are free to leave and good riddance!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#11 Feb 27, 2013
1 Korean American wrote:
==========
Absolutely. It is all about dignity as a human being. Not about earning something or jumping through hoops to get something with which one is born.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#12 Feb 27, 2013
Human Revolution wrote:
Why is this surprising? Asians have been voting Democrat since 2000, from what I've read.
What have you read, the National Enquirer?

Location hidden

#13 Feb 27, 2013
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the Democrats are lucky to have so many right wing racists to choose from.

Location hidden

#14 Feb 27, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Did someone take you off the dole?
Did someone take you off your pacifier?

Location hidden

#15 Feb 27, 2013
JDC wrote:
<quoted text>
The Quote of the Decade:
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that,'the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
It's true, and Obama said later on it was a political vote. No one is pristine in politics. Still, Obama is cleaner than most.

Allentown, PA

#16 Feb 27, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Then the Democrats are lucky to have so many right wing racists to choose from.
How about all those good Democrats in LA shooting each other? Sounds like a race war going on.
Nice thing about the Democrats is they send their racists to Congress or put them on MSNBC.

Since: Dec 11

Middletown, OH

#17 Feb 27, 2013
You creeps just don't get it. Why does someone's hard earned money, "dignity" have to be given up for your lazy azzz. Obama is a flippin joke who's only qualification is his affirmative action black half. IF you ever do aspire to make a decent living actually working you might tend to want to keep some of the proceeds for yourself and family instead of waiting for the next handout. Somebody has to pull the cart parasites can have thier fill and vent thier racist toilet training. Obama is a taker, not a maker. How's the job market for you college kids and young sages these days.

Allentown, PA

#18 Feb 27, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>It's true, and Obama said later on it was a political vote. No one is pristine in politics. Still, Obama is cleaner than most.
One time I caught Hannity playing a best of Barack tape on how often he changed positions to suit the need of the time. He's quite the political break dancer that Mr. "Clean" is.

Since: Dec 11

Middletown, OH

#19 Feb 27, 2013
No one is pristine. Har dee har har. Be careful acknowledgeing your saviour's contradictions. You might find yourself thinking and reasoning his actions and words. It's a slippery slope to seeing that POS for what he is.

“Ruling over East of Vegas(EOV)”

Since: Dec 12

Kwanghuidong, Korea

#20 Feb 27, 2013
JDC wrote:
<quoted text>
The Quote of the Decade:
Dood, you hate Obama because he is half black, and you hate the idea of black people and mexican people getting welfare from your taxes.

Guess what, Asians are the least on welfare, and our taxes subsidize WHITES, blacks, and mexicans. All you guys.

So it makes no difference to Asians, since ALL YOU GUYS live off our taxes. Get it?

The worst leaches on the system are $500K pensions for rubber stamping business permits. What talent do you need for that?

And if you look at all the biggest government pensions in the US, they are ALL to white people.

I'd rather feed 1000 black and mexican babies than give a white guy who had no real talent other than politics, a $500K a year pension.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ron Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min ind 175,777
News Governor signs law making Utah only state with ... Mar 24 yhhg 3
News Republicans' Latest Salvo In Anti-Immigrant Fig... Mar 17 tomin cali 1
News Rand Paul wins 2015 CPAC straw poll Mar 4 swedenforever 28
News GOP hopefuls run the gauntlet at CPAC Mar 1 barefoot2626 7
News Rand Paul wins 2015 CPAC straw poll Mar 1 Le Duped 1
News Jeb Bush Takes 2016 Show Into Unfriendly Territ... Feb 28 sandy1 3
More from around the web