Madison Man Honored for Service During WWII

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

People of all ages came to the Madison County Administration Building for a very special ceremony Tuesday afternoon.
Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Feb 20, 2013
Ice Dogg

Richmond, VA

#1 Feb 19, 2013
The Greatest Generation. They did it all. Saved the world and built a nation.
Jimmy Crack Corn

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Feb 19, 2013
Mr. Berry is a true hero. He is soft spoken and not one to brag about his past.
83fan

Stuarts Draft, VA

#3 Feb 19, 2013
Thanks for your service Mr.Berry !!
Lfish

Colorado Springs, CO

#4 Feb 19, 2013
Thank you Mr. Berry for all that you have done for our country. I salute you sir. Thank you again for a job well done!Bless you.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Feb 19, 2013
If they wait that long to recognise VN vets they can take their thanks and shove it.
Just Checking

Falls Church, VA

#7 Feb 20, 2013
Thank you Mr. Berry for all you have done for this country!!
CvilleMechEngr

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Feb 20, 2013
sez you wrote:
If they wait that long to recognise VN vets they can take their thanks and shove it.
Your glass is still half empty, I see. You do understand don't you that you are not required to counter every positive with a negative comment? Cheer up.

Mr. Berry is of the generation that served and sacrificed all that they had to give. Subsequent generations have been more self-centered and considerably less admirable as a whole.
central va marine

Scottsville, VA

#9 Feb 20, 2013
Thank you sir. Well done.

You and your brothers set the bar high, if only those that follow can continue to meet your standards.

A GRATEFUL NATION SALUTES YOU AND YOUR FELLOW BUDDIES.

MAY GOD BLESS ALL WHO SERVED, AND CONTINUE TO DO SO. MAYBE SOME DAY THE CITIZENS OF THE WORLD WILL REALIZE, AND EXERCISE, AN ALTERNATIVE TO THE HORRORS OF ARMED CONFLICTS.

more to come
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Feb 20, 2013
CvilleMechEngr wrote:
<quoted text>
Your glass is still half empty, I see. You do understand don't you that you are not required to counter every positive with a negative comment? Cheer up.
Mr. Berry is of the generation that served and sacrificed all that they had to give. Subsequent generations have been more self-centered and considerably less admirable as a whole.
Yeh I get that, but on the rare occasion I will give credit where credit is do, in this case its not the guy himself I condemn, my own father was part of the effort, its the lame groups who feel a need to applaud the sacrifices of others for their own sense of fulfillment.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Representative Robert Hurt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Virginia Town Rejects Illegal Alien Kid Drop Jun '14 ronnie 8
Robert Hurt Praises Offshore Energy and Jobs Act (Jun '13) Jul '13 Same old wrong n ... 22
Central VA Educators Fear Federal Student Loan ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 G Luv 5
Congressman Hurt Stepping Back from Uranium Min... (Jan '13) Feb '13 Dude 8
Hurt, Douglass to face off in two debates (Sep '12) Sep '12 Buckingham Boy 1
Ag Secretary To Campaign For Obama In Virginia (Jun '12) Jun '12 George S 3
Politifact Virginia: Robert Hurt claim ruled "m... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Bob Burns 3
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Representative Robert Hurt People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••