Texas Dems vote for jobs bill that ma...

Texas Dems vote for jobs bill that may cost state

There are 6 comments on the El Paso Times story from Aug 10, 2010, titled Texas Dems vote for jobs bill that may cost state. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Texas Democrats in Congress rejected state Republicans' pleas - and the threat of a lawsuit - on Tuesday and helped pass a jobs bill that critics say will cost Texas schools more than $800 million.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Richard

AOL

#1 Aug 11, 2010
Typical Dumbocrats, SPEND SPEND SPEND.
Mumblypegs

El Paso, TX

#2 Aug 11, 2010
Republicans have just as much of a track record of SPEND SPEND SPEND as do the Democrats, if not more so. It's what the money is spent ON that is the difference. Republicans spend it on the rich and their corporate sponsors, on fruitless and needless wars, on huge tax cuts for the wealthy that are not paid for and add to the deficit.

The Republican mantra should be "The rich get richer and the poor get poorer." That is historically what has happened in this country, anyway, and it is NOT because the poor are lazy, but because the rich have the bought-out government, especially "conservative Republicans" on their side.

And the bitch from Perry and Texas conservatives here is NOT against the spending... they WANT the money. They just want to do with it what they want, NOT what the legislative intent is, just like they did LAST time they got Federal aid. They TOOK the money, they simply did not care what it was SUPPOSED to be used for. More responsible and accountable? Crap.
Ex-El Pasoan

Garland, TX

#3 Aug 11, 2010
It is not about spending, it is about respecting and conforming to the law of the land and the constitution - remember they swore to honor and uphold the constitution. Politicians who ignore the law should be put in jail. But these days politicians the laws only apply to regular citizens not politicians. Our government is corrupt all the way to the president.
MLE

El Paso, TX

#4 Aug 11, 2010
Mumblypegs wrote:
Republicans have just as much of a track record of SPEND SPEND SPEND as do the Democrats, if not more so.
And now they see they will lose their job if they continue. And I have to disagree with you. More money has been spent in the last 18 months than in our entire history COMBINED. I don't think you liberals have the mental capacity to process that. And aside from a couple of republicans from liberal states, this is all on democrats. This bill wasn't about kids or teachers, it's about rewarding unions and doing it before they lose their power in November. And some of this taxpayer money will be used by unions to help democrats get re-elected. The unions are crooked and a main reason I chose to not become a school teacher.
Chingado

El Paso, TX

#5 Aug 11, 2010
MLE wrote:
<quoted text>
And now they see they will lose their job if they continue. And I have to disagree with you. More money has been spent in the last 18 months than in our entire history COMBINED. I don't think you liberals have the mental capacity to process that. And aside from a couple of republicans from liberal states, this is all on democrats. This bill wasn't about kids or teachers, it's about rewarding unions and doing it before they lose their power in November. And some of this taxpayer money will be used by unions to help democrats get re-elected. The unions are crooked and a main reason I chose to not become a school teacher.
Please !!!!!
MLE

El Paso, TX

#6 Aug 11, 2010
Chingado wrote:
<quoted text>Please !!!!!
Maybe you weren't listening to Obama a year and a half ago when he said his $787 Billion stimulus package was supposed to save the jobs of teachers and firefighters. Puppets like you don't even question it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Randy Neugebauer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Congress wants billions from Fed's piggy bank (Nov '15) Nov '15 Your Ex 15
News Cruz, eight Texas reps urge justices to let sta... (May '15) May '15 Tazo 1
News Family loses one son in Iraq, the other in Afgh... (Jul '06) Aug '14 swedenforever 9
News Littlefield makes plans to open facility for il... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Impeach Obama 1
News In a SNAP, Republicans turn backs on veterans (Nov '13) Nov '13 Ex NRA member 3
News Fracking Texas: Water Woes Go On (Nov '13) Nov '13 Nick 1
News Park rangers call Rep. Randy Neugebauer's outbu... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Brainiac of Beaco... 1
More from around the web