Bill honoring Michael Jackson shot down | 1

Jul 9, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Times Record News

Members of the North Texas delegation aren't exactly saying, "Just beat it," but they aren't singing the praises of a Houston Democrat's bill to honor pop superstar Michael Jackson, either.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of128
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 09

Wichita Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 10, 2009
 

Judged:

4

4

2

I think some people are rude to do that to him. they should be honoring him for wat he has done.
gottogetamuchlon gernameto

Douglas, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 10, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

i think this whole thing is stupid. he was rude to mess with young boys
Vince

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 10, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

Good call, no special recognition is necessary, his obsessed fans can handle the worhsip thang.
We the people

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 10, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

if people want to honor this man, let them. If others dont feel the need to honor him, they shouldnt be expected to.

Simple as that!

And our Government should not be making any resolutions to honor this man either. They are supposed to be working on our economy, our laws, and the like. Basically, FIX THE DARN COUNTRY!!

Leave the honoring to the people that liked him. Personally, I'd never honor MJ as a person. WHY? because I just don't know what to think about him as a person.

Since: Jun 09

Wichita Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 10, 2009
 

Judged:

4

3

2

gottogetamuchlongernameto wrote:
i think this whole thing is stupid. he was rude to mess with young boys
He was not messing with young boys. But see like he said if it were a white person they would not have anything to say. It seems as though when a black person gets more money a white person gets mad and tries to do anything they can to bring them down. Now i am not mad i am just saying it in a nice way. As far as i am concerned Michael Jackson was better then most peole with as much money as him cause he gave and gave money to Africa and other countries. Just think some of us have a lot of money and wont even give to the homeless on the streets near us that u may see that are homeless, so wat makes you think they will give to Africa like he did and others did. So thats why i said we should also honor him. But i mean it said in the bible to rejoice on the outgoine meaning the death and to mourn on the incomeing. If you do not know that means that means that when you come in this world you have to deal with all troubles in life but when you die to be happy they can now rest. So that is a good example for him cause he went through so much in life with his father and people lieng and calling him a rapiest. So when he died hes able to rest in peace now and he doesn't have to worry anymore but he was awesome. So now those people who did all that to cause him to drug and stuff now they are looking crazy like look at what we have done. So u am saying all this to say he was sweet and a good man now he can rest. So please let him rest in peace and don't talk about him like a dog.( Which i bet some of you are going to do it anyways )
NoHope

Wichita Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 10, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

1

all americans need to quit worrying about what celebs are doing today and focus on what washington dc is doing to destroy this country.
gottogetamuchlon gernameto

Douglas, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 12, 2009
 
uhh, in case you didnt know zundyeagle, im black, but im not racially blind enough to see jackson had problems as well as gifts
gottogetamuchlon gernameto

Douglas, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 12, 2009
 

Judged:

3

1

1

and its rapist

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 12, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

finally congress shows some common sense and guts .. I think they have better things to do that "honor" Jacko .. it's was just political pandering to a small group anyway.

He was a drug addict, a whack job, and decadent fool .. he left 3 kids with a life of trouble and shame and instability .. that is his worst crime

Since: Jun 09

Wichita Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 12, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

Ok well he was just awesome thats all i have to say. Old people!
Nick College Student

Monmouth, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 12, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

1

-good! No way in hell we should "honor" that pedephile in such a way! And the piece of work who brought this legislation should be fired! Get somebody in there who will represent the interests and needs of people in this country, not a dead freak. What a waste of tax-dollars that would have been! Are you f'ing kidding me?!?!
Nick College Student

Monmouth, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 12, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Zundy Eagle101 wrote:
<quoted text>
He was not messing with young boys. But see like he said if it were a white person they would not have anything to say. It seems as though when a black person gets more money a white person gets mad and tries to do anything they can to bring them down. Now i am not mad i am just saying it in a nice way. As far as i am concerned Michael Jackson was better then most peole with as much money as him cause he gave and gave money to Africa and other countries. Just think some of us have a lot of money and wont even give to the homeless on the streets near us that u may see that are homeless, so wat makes you think they will give to Africa like he did and others did. So thats why i said we should also honor him. But i mean it said in the bible to rejoice on the outgoine meaning the death and to mourn on the incomeing. If you do not know that means that means that when you come in this world you have to deal with all troubles in life but when you die to be happy they can now rest. So that is a good example for him cause he went through so much in life with his father and people lieng and calling him a rapiest. So when he died hes able to rest in peace now and he doesn't have to worry anymore but he was awesome. So now those people who did all that to cause him to drug and stuff now they are looking crazy like look at what we have done. So u am saying all this to say he was sweet and a good man now he can rest. So please let him rest in peace and don't talk about him like a dog.( Which i bet some of you are going to do it anyways )
LMAO- 22 million-dollar pay-off, period.
Dems too crazy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 12, 2009
 
Zundy Eagle101 wrote:
<quoted text>
He was not messing with young boys. But see like he said if it were a white person they would not have anything to say. It seems as though when a black person gets more money a white person gets mad and tries to do anything they can to bring them down. Now i am not mad i am just saying it in a nice way. As far as i am concerned Michael Jackson was better then most peole with as much money as him cause he gave and gave money to Africa and other countries. Just think some of us have a lot of money and wont even give to the homeless on the streets near us that u may see that are homeless, so wat makes you think they will give to Africa like he did and others did. So thats why i said we should also honor him. But i mean it said in the bible to rejoice on the outgoine meaning the death and to mourn on the incomeing. If you do not know that means that means that when you come in this world you have to deal with all troubles in life but when you die to be happy they can now rest. So that is a good example for him cause he went through so much in life with his father and people lieng and calling him a rapiest. So when he died hes able to rest in peace now and he doesn't have to worry anymore but he was awesome. So now those people who did all that to cause him to drug and stuff now they are looking crazy like look at what we have done. So u am saying all this to say he was sweet and a good man now he can rest. So please let him rest in peace and don't talk about him like a dog.( Which i bet some of you are going to do it anyways )
ahh, he was white when he died and has been for many years. He died the way he wanted to live. White.
Scatterling

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 12, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

We the people wrote:
if people want to honor this man, let them. If others dont feel the need to honor him, they shouldnt be expected to.
Simple as that!
And our Government should not be making any resolutions to honor this man either. They are supposed to be working on our economy, our laws, and the like. Basically, FIX THE DARN COUNTRY!!
Leave the honoring to the people that liked him. Personally, I'd never honor MJ as a person. WHY? because I just don't know what to think about him as a person.
Perhaps IF the governments time and (our) money is to be spent on honoring someone it should be spent on honoring our soldiers who have fallen defending the USA.

I'm sure their parents, widows and childern left behind need much more moral (and financial) support at this time.

Just my thoughts, I do think Michael was a great entertainer, but lets get real here.

I notice no memorials for Farrah Fawcett Majors anomg many others has been suggested.
Dems too crazy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 12, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Zundy Eagle101 wrote:
Ok well he was just awesome thats all i have to say. Old people!
Most of the "Old People" I am assuming you mean over 40, are the reason Michael Jackson was successful. These are the people who grew up with the Jackson 5 and Jackson. Get a grip little one.

Since: Jun 09

Wichita Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 12, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Nick College Student wrote:
-good! No way in hell we should "honor" that pedephile in such a way! And the piece of work who brought this legislation should be fired! Get somebody in there who will represent the interests and needs of people in this country, not a dead freak. What a waste of tax-dollars that would have been! Are you f'ing kidding me?!?!
You know what you all that are talking about him need to let him alone and let him rest in piece. He was not to much of a freak to make more money than you white people. Now was he? I didn't think so! You all are so jelous that is why they sarted those rumors on him cause they were jelous of him cause they were poor and he was stinkin dirty rich. So he was awesome thankyou!!!!!!! Jerk. I am only 14 years old and i am telling you off.

Since: Jun 09

Wichita Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 12, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Nick College Student wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO- 22 million-dollar pay-off, period.
Yeah so all you skeptics could leave the poor man alone at once. And now half of you white people are now feeling guilty about accusing him.( maybe not all of you )

Since: Jun 09

Wichita Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 12, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Dems too crazy wrote:
<quoted text>Most of the "Old People" I am assuming you mean over 40, are the reason Michael Jackson was successful. These are the people who grew up with the Jackson 5 and Jackson. Get a grip little one.
Ok. But he was still awesome.
Nick College Student

Monmouth, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 12, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Zundy Eagle101 wrote:
<quoted text>You know what you all that are talking about him need to let him alone and let him rest in piece. He was not to much of a freak to make more money than you white people. Now was he? I didn't think so! You all are so jelous that is why they sarted those rumors on him cause they were jelous of him cause they were poor and he was stinkin dirty rich. So he was awesome thankyou!!!!!!! Jerk. I am only 14 years old and i am telling you off.
LMAO- jealous?! Of a racially confused, junkie pedephile?!
I would not have take Michael Jacksons spot if my f'ing life depended on it!

If he died so rich, then why did the city of LA have to pay about 1.4 million dollars for some memorial costs?! You are an idiot.

I am not jealous of the money you THINK HE HAD WHEN HE DIED...money is nice in life, but not all you seem to think it is. Sounds like you are already disadvantaged to me...not to mention a racist "14 year old"...get that hatred out of your heart kid, it's gonna make life painful for you.
Nick College Student

Monmouth, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jul 13, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Scatterling wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps IF the governments time and (our) money is to be spent on honoring someone it should be spent on honoring our soldiers who have fallen defending the USA.
I'm sure their parents, widows and childern left behind need much more moral (and financial) support at this time.
Just my thoughts, I do think Michael was a great entertainer, but lets get real here.
I notice no memorials for Farrah Fawcett Majors anomg many others has been suggested.
-great points! I agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of128
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Randy Neugebauer Discussions

Search the Randy Neugebauer Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
In a SNAP, Republicans turn backs on veterans Nov '13 Ex NRA member 3
Fracking Texas: Water Woes Go On Nov '13 Nick 1
Park rangers call Rep. Randy Neugebauer's outbu... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Brainiac of Beacon House 1
Pay Our Military Act is just a trick (Oct '13) Oct '13 alan 2
Republican Congressman Scolds Park Ranger Over ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Conan the Congressman 2
Joe Biden's trip abroad gets even costlier with... (Mar '13) Mar '13 rough and ready 2
The Hypocrisy of the Republicans Rides Again (Jan '13) Jan '13 JDC 5
•••
•••
•••
•••