Insight: "Green Fleet" sails, meets stiff headwinds in Congress

Jul 2, 2012 Full story: Reuters 10

A U.S. Navy oiler slipped away from a fuel depot on the Puget Sound in Washington state one recent day, headed toward the central Pacific and into the storm over the Pentagon's controversial green fuels initiative.

Read more

Since: Mar 10

Melville, NY

#1 Jul 2, 2012
Only $30 a gallon instead of $4?

wtg bammy!

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#2 Jul 2, 2012
The next sea war will lose for being green.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Griffin, GA

#3 Jul 2, 2012

Nuclear Powered Fleets keep the ships out of ports and out to sea. Wake me when someone replaces Jet Fuel with recycled flatulence.

Whitman,Ma

#4 Jul 2, 2012
This seems the easiest way the Moonbats have devised yet of getting rid of our militay. I dont think the Chinese or Russians will fuel their fleet with Moonbats Petro. This is like the $900 toilet seat or the $200 hammer. The Moonbats have finally come up with the final solution to end our country.
Your Ex

Dawsonville, GA

#5 Jul 2, 2012
The laughing liberal wrote:
Nuclear Powered Fleets keep the ships out of ports and out to sea. Wake me when someone replaces Jet Fuel with recycled flatulence.
Good to know you'll be available
as a
fuel source!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#6 Jul 2, 2012
We have become a nation of pussified retards.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#8 Jul 3, 2012
John Paul Jones is rolling in his grave. Along with Admirals Bull Halsey, Nimitz, Burke, Fletcher, King, and others that saved us from the japs.

Location hidden

#9 Jul 3, 2012
His advisers must be the m.Brotherhood.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#10 Jul 3, 2012
mjjcpa wrote:
Only $30 a gallon instead of $4?
wtg bammy!
No problem, it's just tax dollars.

Location hidden

#11 Jul 3, 2012
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem, it's just tax dollars.
And compromised military.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Randy Forbes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Concern over US concessions as Iran seeks to le... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Captain Yesterday 18
News 3 gay Republicans trying to make election history (Jan '14) Jan '14 souper Bowl xlvii 33
News Three Gay Republicans Look To Make Election His... (Jan '14) Jan '14 fingiswold 49
News Security Risk?Sale of Smithfield Farms to China... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Les 1
News Two Va. congressmen get suspicious letters (Feb '13) Feb '13 Crayz MD 2
News GOP challenges military march in gay parade (Jul '12) Aug '12 DNF 180
News Defense cuts could hit civilian workforce (Jul '12) Jul '12 June 48th 2012 2
More from around the web